Shafted By AA, 2:30 SEA Flight Moved to 11:30

zdcatc12

I had the perfect flight booked after the cruise, leaving at 2:30. Of course, AA has now cancelled that flight and moved it to 11:30. Any chance this would be doable? It will be on a Tuesday morning.

FWIW, I can be one of the first off and booked SeattleExpress for the transfer that starts leaving at 7:30, every 15 minutes. I'm also Platinum on AA, so I could stand-by for a later flight if I miss this one.

I would rather not change as both of my flights are on a E175 with 2-2 seating. Any changes would put me on 3-3 planes.

11:30 is tight, but, it mostly depends on clearing customs getting off the ship. If you can actually get off as early as 7:30, you should be okay...And nice to have the ability to switch to a later flight if you miss it.

With that set-up, I'd feel protected enough...

I would book a private transfer for the airport so that you don't have to compete to get a taxi since the flight is early.

Not sure if you have TSA Pre Approv but something to consider just to allow for a speedy security check at the airport.

Keith

I would book a private transfer for the airport so that you don't have to compete to get a taxi since the flight is early.

Not sure if you have TSA Pre Approv but something to consider just to allow for a speedy security check at the airport.

Keith

As AA Plat the OP can use the first class/elite line through security if not Pre-check; in addition, flying on a Tuesday will be much easier than on a weekend cruise day. But yes, arrange your transport in advance. I think you'll be fine.

I think I would book a private transfer also. Being a weekday, that will mean congestion downtown. Since you are going in the opposite direction, I would opt for someone that will take 99 and then 509 to the airport. That way, you will bypass the mess downtown getting over to I-5. You should be fine with an 11:30 flight.

AA departs from the end of D concourse. You will want to use the security checkpoints on the side nearest to the main Alaska Airlines checkin area. As mentioned before their is a priority line at checkpoint 5, use it. It saves you time.

Thanks all, I think I will keep it and hope that they don't move it earlier. I already have a shuttle booked with Seattle Express and my reservation says that they leave every 15 minutes, starting at 7:30. Also, my wife and I are both GE, so we should get the pre-check. Thanks for the security info. I have only flown out of there a couple of times and never really paid attention to the checkpoints.

You should be fine with an 11:30 flight...We flew AA last year and had 2 hours to spare, when we got to the airport...On another note, make sure your debt is paid on the cruise ship...They won't let you off of the ship until it is paid...I, actually paid my the night before, but the girl didn't put it into the computer right...So, I had to go back inside the ship and pay the $4.76, standing in line for a long time...It did delay us, but we made it to the airport with plenty of time.

We are going back to Alaska in May and our flight on AA has changed 3 times...So far, it's been ok...Happy Sails!!!

OP.....last year we had a 12:15 AM return flight. We docked at Pier 91. We booked Seattle Express, they are a wonderful, dependable company. We walked off the ship with our luggage in the first group at 7:30 AM. We were at SeaTac at 8:30AM. The TSA lines were backed up last summer and that took us 35 mins. However, we were at the airport so early that we had a nice leisurely sit down breakfast. We are returning this year for another Alaska cruise and will have a return flight at 11:48 AM. No problem, all things being equal, you will make your flight with time to spare.

How long does it take by taxi to get from the ship to the airport? We're in a grand suite on Explorer OTS so we're allowed off the ship in the first group. We arrive on a Friday morning.
From Pier 91 on a weekday I'd allow 40 minutes, although it could be less. That's after customs, from the curbside.