Would you?

maggie1968

Have a chance to upgrade for $1000 each (2 of us) from an AFT deck 10 to Aft Suite deck 9. We are just a normal income couple celebrating our honeymoon...thinking the Haven space would be worth the extra $...thoughts???

Which ship? My answer would be yes for pretty much all of them, especially the larger ships with the dedicated Haven space and restaurant!

We were spoiled with a non-Haven suite upgrade in 2014 on Pride of America and can't imagine cruising without the suite life any more!

I can say we just got an upsell email for $500/pp from spa mini to haven spa but declined. We thought about it. It was a great deal for a 13 transatlantic. There are so many more ways to spend that money. It's about what you want.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I could have done a 2BR Haven on our sailing for $2000 more, just a bit too much extra for me. Personally I would do it between $500-750 more. I have an upcoming 9 day cruise in February that was only $1400, taking that $2000 would allow me to take another cruise instead.

I can say we just got an upsell email for $500/pp from spa mini to haven spa but declined. We thought about it. It was a great deal for a 13 transatlantic. There are so many more ways to spend that money. It's about what you want.

Email them back and take it :D :D :D

Have a chance to upgrade for $1000 each (2 of us) from an AFT deck 10 to Aft Suite deck 9. We are just a normal income couple celebrating our honeymoon...thinking the Haven space would be worth the extra $...thoughts???

If you really want to do this for your honeymoon...tell them you appreciate the offer, however at that rate, to expensive...you could afford...( whatever you're comfortable with)...$1000 for both or whatever works for you. Just a suggestion. Enjoy the cruise whatever your decision

and here we are waiting for that call Rhea :-(...LOL..at least to a mini suite spa..but we have not gotten that call..OH well we will enjoy our balcony either way :D

IMO $2k is a lot of money for that upgrade. The Haven is nice but I would rather have that cash to do other special things or buy something extravagant that will always remind you both of your honeymoon.

Also keep in mind that on top of that $2k for the upgrade, you will have additional costs for service charges, butler and concierge tipping - so actually it is much more than $2k.