Celebrity Cruise - Promotion

Bav

I booked a cruise with Celebrity...within two weeks of my booking they were offering $300 per stateroom and free drinks......Do you think that I would stand chance of asking the company to add these promotion to my booking ?

Has anybody ever asked ? I know it may be a bit of a cheek but I do feel aggreived that I have lost out because I booked early.

I booked a cruise with Celebrity...within two weeks of my booking they were offering $300 per stateroom and free drinks......Do you think that I would stand chance of asking the company to add these promotion to my booking ?

Has anybody ever asked ? I know it may be a bit of a cheek but I do feel aggreived that I have lost out because I booked early.

Cancel & rebook?

I booked a balcony during the 123GO promotion and received nothing extra. When Celebrity launched the BBB pricing scheme, I saw that my cabin's price had not changed but now included a perk. I called my TA who called Celebrity and tried to add on prepaid gratuities as a perk (on a 14 night cruise, it amounted to slightly more than the OBC of US$300). Celebrity said it couldn't be done as we would have to cancel the booking and I would have lost my deposit as the booking was modified from one I had originally made on a previous cruise. However, they were able to give me the OBC of US$300 as that would just be added onto my account. So we took that at no extra charge. :)

BAV: You will never know till you ask.... go for it.

Celebrity said it couldn't be done as we would have to cancel the booking and I would have lost my deposit as the booking was modified from one I had originally made on a previous cruise. However, they were able to give me the OBC of US$300 as that would just be added onto my account. So we took that at no extra charge. :)

Why would you lose your deposit? You booked another cruise. You should have gotten your deposit back. I had to cancel a booked cruise and I am getting my deposit refunded.

Why would you lose your deposit? You booked another cruise. You should have gotten your deposit back. I had to cancel a booked cruise and I am getting my deposit refunded.

OP seems to be UK based, they lose deposits with changes and cancellations there.

We booked in the UK, with a TA, 15 months in advance. A special offer subsequently came out and I was able to get the new 'perks' but only after Celebrity re-calculated the fare, I suppose the equivalent of cancelling and re-booking. Overall it was better value to pay the extra on the cruise and take the perks (free grats, classic drinks and $300 OBC). All this was done while our normal TA account handler was on holiday and her colleague dealt with it for us but when our account handler came back, she said normally Celebrity wouldn't consider doing what we'd done. Hey Ho!

We booked our original cruise onboard the Solstice and the deposit there is non-refundable. We can reschedule our cruise as many times as we wanted but we could not cancel the booking number and have a new one re-issued; that would result in the forfeiture of our deposit. In the scenario above, Celebrity said that they couldn't reflect prepaid gratuities in our booking without issuing a fresh booking number (for whatever reason) - however, they could add the OBC easily enough. Since that was near hassle-free, we took it.

We booked our original cruise onboard the Solstice and the deposit there is non-refundable. We can reschedule our cruise as many times as we wanted but we could not cancel the booking number and have a new one re-issued; that would result in the forfeiture of our deposit. In the scenario above, Celebrity said that they couldn't reflect prepaid gratuities in our booking without issuing a fresh booking number (for whatever reason) - however, they could add the OBC easily enough. Since that was near hassle-free, we took it.

I'm assuming this was booked during the period when fleet-wide (not just on Solstice) they were offering to give you OBC valued at your deposit on the current sailing - the meant that any deepest is nonrefundable, as we had already spent on our sailing. Some have had success with that promotion in having them instead add the OBC to the new booking (rather than force the spend on board - or refund on board as a credit to the serapes account) if one never spent it, but it remains non-refundable.

If not, the only other reason an on-board booking deposit would not be refundable would be for bookers outside North America who have different booking rules and contracts.

If neither of these apply in your situation, would be good to know what other types of arrangements come with nonrefundable deposits.

We had exactly the same situation as you, and so our TA rang and queried it with Celebrity. She was told that the only way we could do it was by cancelling our original booking with a loss of £300 deposit, and make a brand new booking which would then include the promotion. She also asked what would happen if we chose to change the cruise to an entirely different cruise, and Celebrity said that would cost us £75pp administration charge. They said it was because we are booking from the UK.

We booked our booking on the Equinox in Feb 2015 for the Reflection. Apparently you must have taken your OBC on the solstice when you booked. Maybe I misunderstood what you said. But I did not get an additional OBC on the Equinox, had the new OBC for the Reflection in 2016 and got my $200 back in a refund. However, I did loose the OBC from the Reflection.

I called and had to cancel and rebook. Good luck but don't hold your breath given its Celebrity UK

I'm assuming this was booked during the period when fleet-wide (not just on Solstice) they were offering to give you OBC valued at your deposit on the current sailing - the meant that any deepest is nonrefundable, as we had already spent on our sailing. Some have had success with that promotion in having them instead add the OBC to the new booking (rather than force the spend on board - or refund on board as a credit to the serapes account) if one never spent it, but it remains non-refundable.

Yes I believe you are right - I cannot really recall the terms of the booking but getting the deposit back as OBC sounds very familiar.

Same happened to me about 2 weeks ago. I contacted Celebrity but was told that the offer started on July 1, but I had booked on June 9 so it could not be added.

Unless of course I cancelled and re booked - losing my deposit, which outweighs the perk. Plus the price of the cruise has gone up - obviously to cover the perk cost anyway, so it is not a free perk is it???

But then I realised, that when I booked, I was happy with the price I paid at the time. So I stayed happy........

Edited by wales4ever

Do ANY of the Celebrity suites on Millie have a balcony?

All M class got CS Verandas during Solsticeization. However even on X's own website, they still show images and floorplans sometimes without the verandas, but all now have them.

I did just that. I had my cruise booked far in advance. When the promotion came about I called my T/A and Celebrity honored the deal. Good luck.

Thanks Curt.....

That was the issue.....I was seeing the room description and depiction of the room and neither showed a balcony or sq footage for one...

Thanks for the clarification

All M class got CS Verandas during Solsticeization. However even on X's own website, they still show images and floorplans sometimes without the verandas, but all now have them.