Hippo Slide on GSC complimentary starting 6/1/15

ncklhaus

I have a cruise booked on Breakaway in November with a stop at GSC. I booked a small cabana and I also booked and paid for the Hippo slide as well. We loved it last time. I just received an email from NCL that says they will be refunding what I paid for the slide because as of June 1, it will be complimentary. Thank you!

Greetings,

At Norwegian Cruise Line, our goal is to provide you with the best vacation experience possible. We are writing to let you know that effective June 1st 2015 the Hippo Water Slide will become a complimentary family activity on Great Stirrup Cay. We will issue a full refund to your credit card in the next several days. This refund will be reflected on your future statement.

Thank you,

SHORE EXCURSIONS / Norwegian Cruise Line ®

7427 E. Hampton Ave., Suite 121 | Mesa AZ 85209

Freestyle Cruising ®

I was very happy to see it was free. We really enjoyed it last time but since we were in a cabana we only did the slide when we were getting ready to go back to the ship. The slide and the cabanas are not very close together and we wanted to make sure we "got our money's worth", at least 3 slides per person. It was $5 per slide or $20 for unlimited slides when paid for on the island, or $15 if you prebooked. Now since it's included, I'm not going to stress about getting over there. :D

I have a cruise booked on Breakaway in November with a stop at GSC. I booked a small cabana and I also booked and paid for the Hippo slide as well. We loved it last time. I just received an email from NCL that says they will be refunding what I paid for the slide because as of June 1, it will be complimentary. Thank you!

Greetings,

At Norwegian Cruise Line, our goal is to provide you with the best vacation experience possible. We are writing to let you know that effective June 1st 2015 the Hippo Water Slide will become a complimentary family activity on Great Stirrup Cay. We will issue a full refund to your credit card in the next several days. This refund will be reflected on your future statement.

Thank you,

SHORE EXCURSIONS / Norwegian Cruise Line ®

7427 E. Hampton Ave., Suite 121 | Mesa AZ 85209

Freestyle Cruising ®

So is it only complimentary for families or can couples, solos and singles use it free also?!? :p

Now, that's good news if the ship is scheduled to call on the island - not so much for other itineraries, i.e. Mexico/Alaska, Hawaii or New England, etc.

-

Get ready for a "slightly" longer line & wait time - it's a tradeoff ;) I suppose :eek:

We used it the time we were there (and paid for it). Glad to hear they will be offering it for free now...although free=more people will be on it and the lines will probably be pretty long now. :p

You could use some of the money you saved to bribe your way to the front of the line.:D

• 3 weeks later...

Just as a follow up, I received my refund exactly one week after getting the updated amenity confirmation email that no longer had the Hippo slide on it. Amenity email on June 2, refund posted to my checking account on June 9.

• 9 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I'm posting this here because if you google Norwegian Hippo Slide, this is the most recent thread that shows up in a search.

I had read conflicting information online and though people who recently returned from cruises said there was no slide, I called Norwegian this morning to be sure (hoping that it was there and they just hadn't seen it.) The woman I spoke to confirmed that Norwegian took down the Hippo Slide. She said it kept getting damaged and the decision was made that it wasn't worth it to keep repairing it.

So if you're like me and came across this thread looking to find out if the Hippo Slide is still there, it's not. No more Hippo Slide. :(