Host Andy - Live From Azamara Journey !

Andy

Andy,

This is a wonderful thread. Having done a "Live From" thread many years ago, I appreciate how much time it takes out of your cruise. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Half the fun of cruising for me is in the anticipation of the next cruise, which for me in on Journey. Your thread has added to my anticipation.

Again,

Thanks a bunch!

You seem to have completely mis-read my post.

HMMMMM

Nope--You might re-read it yourself. It sounds as if you are chastising him for not having Ins--

OP did NOTHING wrong--paid his $$$$--This all falls on AZ for not taking care of him.

Let me add my thanks for all of your work during your obviously wonderful cruise! I'm always apalled when I read these boards and see comments by people that have no clue what they are talking about. The fact is you can't please everyone; and haters will always be haters! I for one appreciate all you do, Andy, and I'm so glad you had a great cruise. My husband and I are so looking forward to our cruise on the Quest in November.....thanks again!

Another thank you from me, Andy, for the time spent on your vacation to give us all the updated information on the "new" Journey. We agree that the experience onboard with the officers and crew far exceeds any minor hiccups. Azamara is a great product; we have been on well over 35 cruises, and can not imagine a circumstance where another cruise line would entice us (unless it was a Disney cruise with the grandkids) :)

Again, our thanks for all your hard work.

Thanks Andy! I've totally enjoyed living vicarlessly through your vacation. It sounds as if Azamara is a luxury vacation and we are so blessed to enjoy such an extravagant vacation! 😎

Unfortunately not everyone understands this and the negativity on this thread is a good example of this. That being said, I have found the honesty of all the posts to be kind of interesting! If all the posts had been squeaky clean, it would have been a bit boring and unbelievable.

I'm sure Azamara is going to only improve and grow from its refurb experience and many happy vacationers will benefit from it. Me included!

Thanks again Andy, and don't fret about the the way the thread went, it was awesome just the way it is.

Welcome back to Miami Andy and safe travels on the rest of your journey home. Like so many others here I really appreciated the time you took to post your thoughts and feedback regarding your cruise. It sounds like you had a great time which is really what going on Holiday is all about!!!

Dave

Andy,

Happy to hear that you are having a great cruise. You picked a good week to get away. Fl. weather has been cool and rainy. Right now it is 47 degrees and very windy and cloudy. It is much better to be on Journey enjoying great food, service and sunshine. Are you going to post any pictures of the cruise when you bet back? The one thing that I remember about the two times we took the same cruise was how beautiful the islands looked. Different scenery from other ships we been on . Does the Journey's size enable it to get closer to the tender ports? There was just something "different" about the scenery we saw when on Journey. The islands look so beautiful form the ship. I have been on many cruises, but the view seem different for Azamara.

He has said repeatedly in this thread that he will be posting MANY photos when he gets back and can more easily resize & post them.

Sorry, I did not get time to read the whole thread. I will be looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Edited by geocruiser

Hi Everyone,

A quick update :

1) I'm working on the photos. It's very time consuming, but at least I have the luxury of having my high speed Internet, now that I'm home. Should have some posted on this thread tonight.

2) I have the new MDR menus. They need a little technology work, but I'm hoping to have them posted tonight (tomorrow at the latest), in a new "Sticky" thread.

Please stay tuned !

Andy,

Just wanted to add some more praise to a job well done. Sincerely appreciate all of the time and effort you have put into this review. Azamara is amazing because the crew is amazing, and the food, and the time spent in port, and the ship size, etc. I am so pleased you had a great cruise!

PJ

Hi Everyone,

A quick update :

1) I'm working on the photos. It's very time consuming, but at least I have the luxury of having my high speed Internet, now that I'm home. Should have some posted on this thread tonight.

2) I have the new MDR menus. They need a little technology work, but I'm hoping to have them posted tonight (tomorrow at the latest), in a new "Sticky" thread.

Please stay tuned !

Thank you Host Andy.

You have been "Amazin" in providing us with info on the new Journey.

We are sailing Singapore to Dubai immediately after the Quest drydock and are hoping that we have the same issues as the Journey had - along with the 30% and 25% discounts!!!

Tuchik

Hi Everyone,

I've spent much of the evening posting the new Journey menus, but I'm keeping my promise, and posting some photos from our cruise :)

Here's a cute one. For those asking about whether the clock is new ? Yup. I took a photo. You decide :)

529a05f1-a13f-4b28-9600-cf4f05f1ad89_zpskfo9ajuo.jpg~original

Here's a dessert from the Discoveries Dining Room. It's one of the best desserts I've ever had on a Cruise Ship. If you love chocolate ? It's chocolate heaven !

f1882318-02d5-4eb8-9d02-c6d5996cb539_zps9zgqlmql.jpg~original

Hi Everyone,

I've spent much of the evening posting the new Journey menus, but I'm keeping my promise, and posting some photos from our cruise :)

Here's a cute one. For those asking about whether the clock is new ? Yup. I took a photo. You decide :)

Can you see the time at night?