What is your favorite mass market cruise line

Bridge Maven

What is your favorite mass market cruise line?  

474 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite mass market cruise line?

• Norwegian
    • Carnival
    • Costa
    • Princess
    • Holland America
    • Celebrity
    • Royal Caribbean
    • MSC
    • Other

Despite the majority of my cruises having been on Royal Caribbean, I'd have to say that Celebrity is my favorite. I just wish they had more available in the Caribbean.

Is it too late to edit your post and create a poll?

I already created a poll but my first post showed up before the poll did.

If I could only cruise one line from now on it would be Royal Caribbean, especially on one of the Radiance class ships.

I also love Royal Caribbean's Radiance class ships. In my opinion, they are the most beautiful ships at sea, are the perfect size for a ship, and have a good passenger to space ratio.

I don't have a specific FAVORITE for all my cruises, as that depends on the itinerary, time of year and the occassion. Also that each cruisline has its strengths and weaknesses.

That being said, my most memorable cruise was aboard an HAL ship.

Shame that your poll did not allow to select more than one because I personally enjoy several of the options for various reasons. :cool:

I don't have a specific FAVORITE for all my cruises, as that depends on the itinerary, time of year and the occassion. Also that each cruisline has its strengths and weaknesses.

That being said, my most memorable cruise was aboard an HAL ship.

Shame that your poll did not allow to select more than one because I personally enjoy several of the options for various reasons. :cool:

I agree, I voted for Princess for the overall best line. However RCCL has the best IMO Large ships and friendliest crew. HAL has the most comfortable rooms. And Celebrity the most memorable cruise.

Love Bridge Maven's Polls! Good place for one, along with the thread on your favorite line and why.

I selected Celebrity and listed on the other thread why. Short answer: for a mass market line, the most 'elegant' and low key. Both very subjective descriptions.

One interesting piece of data to go along with this poll. The number of current ships each line has:

NCL - 12

CC - 23

Costa - 15

Princess - 18

HAL - 15

'X' - 8 (1 being added shortly makes 9)

RCL - 22

MSC - 12

Denny

well my last 4 cruises and one coming up have been with NCL so that is what i chose but when anyone asks me this is what i say:

Carnival the FUN ship

Celebrity the CATERED-TO ship

RC the MOST TO DO ship

and last but not least

NCL the FREESTYLE NO STRESS/NO PRESSURE ship

in the future HOPE to give PRINCESS and HAL a TRY

We are torn, but chose Princess with a slight edge over Carnival.

We love the decor, service and food on Princess.

But we love the "Fun", upbeat casual atmosphere on Carnival. We also strongly prefer that their balconies (with rare exception) are covered and private.

I've never met a cruise I didn't like. But if all other things were equal, we'd probably pick Princess first, then Carnival.

If either of them made staterooms and balconies smoke-free, that line would be our first choice.

As of this moment, these are the cruise lines which have received the most votes:

1. Princess

2. Royal Caribbean

3. Holland America

4. Carnival

5. Celebrity and Norwegian (tie)

6. Costa

7. MSC

There have been a number of additional votes since yesterday and the results are the same with one minor exception. Celebrity now has one more vote than Norwegian.

We've sailed on Princess, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. Royal Caribbean is first, Princess a close second while Celebrity trails way behind. (We were on the Galaxy and the Millenium. Much depends on the ship, I know.)

Archived