Future Cruise Certificate

AmandaKaye79

I submitted my FCC online on December 7 for my July 2012 cruise. I got the confirmation email that stated it would be taken care of in 5-7 business days. Today is December 23 and I still don't see the credit on my booking when I go to the Carnival website. I called Carnival and the rep was no help. He said sometimes it takes a while and as long as I got the email confirmation saying it was recieved, that they were processing it. He said he didn't know how long it would take. Do any of you have experience with the FCC taking weeks to process?

Sometimes they wait until closer to your sailing, but to me, they just seem to touch and re-touch the same items. I sent an email asking about status and was asked to attach the info again. It wasn't until I told them that I wanted to make final payment, was it applied.

They probably haven't applied it since you're so far out.

I haven't been on Carnival since 1993 but I have been cruising. As a small woman, I have a small appetite but I have ordered more than one entree. Mostly because when I have been having a hard time deciding, the server always suggests both, other times the server has brought a second entree, because he though I would enjoy it. And, I have sent something back because I didn't like and it.

As for a surcharge, I think it is ridiculous and I do feel (other than alcohol) that a cruise is mostly all inclusive vacation.

One thing I love about cruising, the food selection provides you the opportunity to try new foods without risk. If you don't like it you are not out any money. Most people are not going to try escargot at a restaurant price, when they are very unsure of trying it. I think that was part of the "Didja" menu concept.

If I order a dish I have never tried before, and then realized I really didn't care for it, I would order something else. But for the most part, I tried new things and enjoyed them!

I think they are behind processing everything. I submitted the form to add some funship dollars to my upcoming cruise and it has been two weeks and they still haven't been applied yet. I know they were running behind on ES claims and it looks like it is more than just those.

you just reminded me that i never redeemed mine for our upcoming cruise, tried to do it online once and it did not work.

now i need to find the certificate

You need to submit it using IE. Make sure the compatibility mode is turned on (the little broken paper picture to the right of the address bar). It will not work if you are using Firefox.

It worked. I got the confirmation email from Carnival stating they recieved it. The problem is that it has been over 2 weeks and it hasn't been credited to my account. If they aren't going to post it in 5-7 business days, they shouldn't send you an email that states it.

How do you send the ceritifcate on line?

Here is the link I used. I guess if you use IE make sure its in the compatibility mode and some people have trouble with Goggle and Firefox

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/futurevacationcert.html

I don't have a PVP, we booked online. But I did call Carnival. The rep said if I got the email saying it was recieved, that I shouldn't worry about it. They are probably just behind. But it still seems like they should be able to get things like this under control.

Since you booked through Carnival directly, I would just either give it a little more time or just use the link above and resubmit it. I'm sure if they have it, they won't duplicate it. Could just be sitting on the wrong persons desk.

Good luck to you both

I used an FCC for the first time for this upcoming trip - where exactly does it show up ? How can you see it was applied or not ? On the website ?? I assume you log in to Carnival, go to 'manage my cruise' but I cna't find anything about an FCC on any of the pages... Someone said it was on 'my billing' or something but I see absolutely nothing there..

I have made final payment and worked with a PVP at first but then transfered to a TA to get their offer of OBC. Who do I check with if I can't find it online ?

I used an FCC for the first time for this upcoming trip - where exactly does it show up ? How can you see it was applied or not ? On the website ?? I assume you log in to Carnival, go to 'manage my cruise' but I cna't find anything about an FCC on any of the pages... Someone said it was on 'my billing' or something but I see absolutely nothing there..

I have made final payment and worked with a PVP at first but then transfered to a TA to get their offer of OBC. Who do I check with if I can't find it online ?

Check with your TA. I believe once you switched to the TA you lose access to the billing page

Amanda, did your FCC credit post to your booking yet? I posted with you in another thread...

I sent mine in almost 3 weeks ago and still nothing. Our final payment is coming up the first week of January so it would be nice to see the balance reduced by the $100. I guess I'll call my PVP today and see if she can light the fire.

• 3 months later...

Just a couple of thoughts about vouchers. I have purchased vouchers in the past and have used them. It's an easy $100 for a 7/8 day cruise. Last week we were on the Freedom and I purchased a cruise for the Liberty in 2013. You also get a $100 on board credit if you buy a cruise while on a cruise but cannot get an additional credit for a past voucher. You can only get one on board credit. If you buy a cruise while on a cruise, the credit is automatic and you don't have to submit any papers like you do with a voucher.

Here's some thing to keep in mind. I wanted to book a cruise on the Breeze for February, 2013. The ship is new and was going to some great ports. I priced that cruise in July, 2012 and the price was very reasonable. I was going to book but decided to wait since I was going to buy a voucher on a 2012 Freedom cruise. I cruise once a year. I was going to use that $100 voucher on the 2013 Breeze cruise. While on the Freedom, I checked the Breeze prices and they had gone up $1,500 for a balcony cabin (2 people - includes cruise, tax and port charges). Yikes!!! That $100 savings would cost be $1,400. Needless to say, I ended up buying a cruise on the Liberty and not only saved the $1,500 but another $300. So .............. don't fall in love with the voucher as I did. Keep in mind, that strange things happen with cruise pricing.

Archived