Which NCL ship has the best hull art?

mdwcruises

Which Norwegian ship has the best hull art?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Which Norwegian ship has the best hull art?

• Breakaway
    • Epic
    • Dawn
    • Gem
    • Jade
    • Pearl
    • Jewel
    • Sky
    • Star
    • Sun
    • Spirit
    • Pride of America
    • Love them all! Anything is better than a white ship!
    • Childish! Hull art is for kids!

• 1 year later...

I think the Sun has the best hull art because of it's stylization, coloring, placement, and size.

But my favorite hull art is on the Pearl. I just love the colors, the design and size.

The simplicity and size of the art on the Sun and Pearl make them so easy, for me, to identify from a distance.

• 9 months later...

I voted for Pride of America but my favorite is really the great, late Pride of Hawaii (now disguised as the Norwegian Jade).

I used to really dislike the NCL hull art as not appropriate for a cruise ship, but I have mellowed and now really like that NCL ships are distinctive.

Not a big fan of the hull art overall, but it sure is a unique identifier of NCL. I like Sky the best. It has that Hawaii feel to it from when it used to be home-ported there and is simple in design. Not overdone like some of them. So if there has to be hull art, then for me, just keep it simple.

Fun thread.

I used to really dislike the NCL hull art as not appropriate for a cruise ship, but I have mellowed and now really like that NCL ships are distinctive.

I feel the same way. I think it's tacky and prefer a more classic look, but perhaps I'll also come around in time.

I've always really liked the Breakaway hull art. I've never sailed on her. I like the fact that to me it represents the United States of America. I love the statue of liberty!!! And I have always wanted to visit New York!!! My son has been there and says it is a place that EVERYONE needs to visit.

Escape will take the top spot once delivered.

I totally agree. The Escape's hull art is spot on. I loved it the second I saw it. Unlike Norwegian Breakaway's which has grown on me considerably since I saw her in Southampton with it. :eek: I voted for Norwegian Spirit's hull art because the ship outwardly and inwardly holds a special place in my heart. Too bad NCL is waiting to go to Asia until the new Breakaway class ships come out because Asia is the Spirit's home. :cool: