Any fav's with new food menu this year?

I liked the orecchiette pasta with short rib sauce, my DS liked the chicken cordon bleu and my DD liked the sea scallop and chorizo appetizer in the MDR for our favorites. My three kids gave the Sorrento's pizza a big thumbs up. Giovanni's was our favorite meal overall.

Favorite desserts were the Gio's tiramisu and the MDR warm chocolate cake.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

Entrees included salads, with various toppings...especially liked the one with salmon..this is great for me, since I am overstuffed by the time dinner comes (thanks to pre dinner canapes in diamond lounge). :o

I think there was one choice like this every nite.

Overall, the menus were good, but some of the descriptions didnt match the dish.

I'd also have to go with the scallop and chirizo app. We also liked the lobster (Fishermans platter) better than the old menus. The desserts were better overall, less fruity stuff (which DH insists is not dessert:rolleyes:) and more chocolatey stuff:D

The pastas were better- fewer stuffed pastas with rich cream sauces and more lighter sauces with interesting things added to basic pasta. Sorry I'm not naming specific dishes, but hopefully you get the idea!

I also liked the entree salads, which are the same as the app salads but with a protein added or ramped up.

One thing we universally did not like on the new menu was the daily "standards" ( except for the daily desserts, those were fine!), overall we found the stuff offered daily bland and poorly prepared. ( over cooked usually) Like it sits around for hours (days:eek:) waiting for someone to order it. Just, yuck...from the salmon I had to the beef DH had, not good. The only exception would be the pasta DD had to a couple of times and its hard to mess up pasta with red sauce.

I'll second the chocolate sensation. I think I ordered that about 4 nights.

There was a ceasar salad entree with crusted chicken on it. That was excellent. I don't think the chicken was fried, but the crust on it resembled fried chicken. Very yummy.

Those are the two that stick out to me.

Do they still serve the Vidalia Onion Tart appetizer on the first evening?

Also, do they still have Greek Salad in the Windjammer?

I believe the Vidalia Onion Tart and the Scallop Risotto are both gone.:(

I believe the Vidalia Onion Tart and the Scallop Risotto are both gone.:(

:eek: Oh well! I'm sure there will be plenty of things on the new menu that I'll enjoy. Are there any scanned menus available here on CC?

I'm not sure if these are new menu items or not, but we just got off the Allure and loved the seafood spaghetti (night 1, I think) - like a seafood Alfredo but not nearly as thick and heavy. The lamb shank on the last night was also awesome, and my favorite appetizer was the Spanish tapas plate on the last night.

We just got off the Allure today (6/16/13) and I have to say the dinning room meals were greatly improved since we were last on the Oasis. The last 2 or 3 cruises that we have taken we have been very disappointed with the food. On our Oasis cruise, we only ate in the dining room two nights and the Windjammer was also bad. I have to say that the menus and food quality has greatly improved. We actually ate in the dining room every night and cancelled the reservation for Samba Grill. A few items that we liked:

Bay Scallops - my whole family would have this every night. It was a different version of Escargot.

Lamb shank was awesome

A lot of the pasta dishes were very good. The Lasagna was very good

My wife loved the scallop and chirizo app.

I am also happy to say the have improved the desserts as well. I always found it ironic that with all the food you eat on a cruise, the majority of the desserts were sugar-free. That has changed. They had a very nice variety to choose from.

Just off Allure today as well and loved some of the new choices! My DS who is 13 tried the chilled soup each night and loved each one! Go figure that!! LOL :rolleyes: Last night I had the Tandoori Chicken Salad which was delicious! I also liked that there was an entrée salad offered each night. The lobster was very good and one of our favorites was the Garlic Tiger Shrimp. DD loved the different pasta dishes offered and was nice to vary from the pasta with red sauce! LOL My DS also liked the grilled chicken on the classics menu. We rarely ordered from the classics menu as was nice to try different things......:)