Land Discoveries email from Azamara

riandei

'We would be remiss if we did not tell you that effective January 4, 2014, the current 25% savings on Land Discoveries will no longer be available. Guests already booked on 2014 voyages will still be eligible. And if you book before January 3, 2014, the 25% savings will still be yours. '

Well ... cant say I'm happy with this development ... since I just booked my first cruise with Azamara. I guess I will need to know what I want to do in May 2014 by January 3 2014

:(

If you already booked for 2014 the January 3rd date does not apply to you. If you book a 2014 cruise after Jan 4th you lose the 25 percent discount. As long as you are already booked for 2014 you can't lose the discount and you have plenty of time to book your Shore Excursions. I guess they want more 2014 sales before January 3rd. Considering some Shore Excursions are into hundreds of dollars the discount could be significant. We are booked for 2014 and we love Azamara but knowing the next time we book there will be no discounts on Shore Excursions is a little disappointing. We have taken advantage of the discount on our last 2 Azamara cruises. I guess all good things come to an end.

Cruise Critic made me shrink those pdfs so much that you may not be able to read the details.

One that struck me as contradicting the push to book now for 2014 cruises: "And better yet, there are times where we will be promoting our new land excursions, like in November, on select 2014 Mediterranian voyages, when one Land Discovery in every port will be yours, free."

This sounds like Azamara is testing the waters for something like Regent's all-inclusive inclusion of one shore excursion in each port.

What they don't say is what happens if you book now to get the discount, and then your excursion (or a different one) becomes free? Can you get your money back?

What happens if you book now at the 25% off and then the excursion ends up getting offered for a lower price? Highly unlikely, but what if???

The "free" excursion in each port is more than likely not one of your choice but probably a short little city tour in each port - it will be the one that is the least expensive of all....doubt if we have to worry about getting any others for free....

Just like the "Azamazing evenings" - supposedly "free", but only after they raised the prices of the cruises, so we are still paying for them for sure.

Seems with all of the changes in the last few weeks (excursions, no harpists, adding art auctions:eek:), none of them are for the better....:mad:

'We would be remiss if we did not tell you that effective January 4, 2014, the current 25% savings on Land Discoveries will no longer be available. Guests already booked on 2014 voyages will still be eligible. And if you book before January 3, 2014, the 25% savings will still be yours. '

Well ... cant say I'm happy with this development ... since I just booked my first cruise with Azamara. I guess I will need to know what I want to do in May 2014 by January 3 2014

:(

Luckily we're already booked for 2014 but this isn't particularly good news. Imagine the 'free tours' will be walking tours but we shall see.

You were lucky to get an email from Azamara - despite registering several times for emails from Azamara, we never get any.

Changes in Land Discoveries Savings We would be remiss if we did not tell you that effective January 4, 2014, the current 25% savings on Land Discoveries will no longer be available. Guests already booked on 2014 voyages will still be eligible. And if you book before January 3, 2014, the 25% savings will still be yours.

The way I'm reading it is you have to have your cruise booked by Jan. 3...not your excursions.

I have two cruises booked directly with Azamara but no email received - wonder when it will crawl into my mailbox if at all

Maybe they aren't so keen on sending emails with updates and offers to UK guests! Yet another difference between us and our fellow guests from the US.

I did receive my E-mail. I also called Azamara a bit ago. You only have to have your cruise booked by Jan. 3...not your shore excursions..that's what I was told when I inquired about the 25% off. The shore excursions for our cruise won't be available until approx. 7 months before we sail.

I did receive my E-mail. I also called Azamara a bit ago. You only have to have your cruise booked by Jan. 3...not your shore excursions..that's what I was told when I inquired about the 25% off. The shore excursions for our cruise won't be available until approx. 7 months before we sail.

i booked my iceland ones back in june or july. does this mean or does not mean cruise booked ofr 2015 get a discount or not. ???

Azamara keeps changing itself. Each time I have cruised more things were included...and the prices increased too. The bottom line is there is nothing that is free. You pay for what you get. Once in awhile you do get a bargain. When cabins do not sell, prices will drop. Usually there is a good reason behind any change. Perhaps, Azamara is trying to compete with Viking Ocean Cruises or Regent. Viking Ocean does not sail until 2015. If Azamara starts including excursions, they may attract would be Viking Ocean cruisers.

Redtravel - you are right - more things were included before, and prices were less....then prices went up and the "Azamazing evening" was added, which means we actually paid for it whether we want to participate or not. Usually the best deals are closer to sailing date if the ship is not sold out; a great deal if you are not picky about a type of cabin or its location, and can travel on short notice.

The "free" excursion in each port is more than likely not one of your choice but probably a short little city tour in each port - it will be the one that is the least expensive of all....doubt if we have to worry about getting any others for free....

What "free" (included) excursion in each port?

Edited by Jade13

I have two cruises booked directly with Azamara but no email received - wonder when it will crawl into my mailbox if at all

I booked directly with Azamara and am still waiting for the confirmation let alone email notification of the changes; at least on their website I am shown as booked :rolleyes: - as a newbie I have to ask; does the left hand know what the right hand is doing or am I an isolated case?

PS: apologies for a slight hijack of the thread.

I booked directly with Azamara and am still waiting for the confirmation let alone email notification of the changes; at least on their website I am shown as booked :rolleyes: - as a newbie I have to ask; does the left hand know what the right hand is doing or am I an isolated case?

PS: apologies for a slight hijack of the thread.

I'd suggest that you transfer your booking to a travel agent. They earn their money by making sure that you don't have to worry about things like this. And, at least in the US, they can save you lots of money. (No, I'm not a travel agent;).)

I'd suggest that you transfer your booking to a travel agent. They earn their money by making sure that you don't have to worry about things like this. And, at least in the US, they can save you lots of money. (No, I'm not a travel agent;).)

I booked directly with azamara and i got an email regarding the changes.......

i did however submit my paperwork to transfer to my TA today....The shipboard credit is worth the transfer.

What "free" (included) excursion in each port?

Hi Jade,

I do not have the details, but there was something teased about an offer coming in November, that included a shore excursion. You can read about it, in the latest edition of the Azamara Newsletter.

Here's a link to the page : http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/b16db138#/b16db138/6

Whilst that might be an option in the US for those posting who have not been advised, none as far as I can see are travel agents and my own experience in the UK is travel agents are even worse at updating guests than the cruiseline.

Whilst that might be an option in the US for those posting who have not been advised, none as far as I can see are travel agents and my own experience in the UK is travel agents are even worse at updating guests than the cruiseline.

I do agree; our North American cousins get a lot more deals than us here down under :(