Cabanas on board

Actually there are......for about $200.00 per day......I think it is a terrible idea.

Barb

I thought that was just a trial on Freedom. Has anyone else reported seeing that crap on another ship?

Actually there are......for about $200.00 per day......I think it is a terrible idea.

Barb

Only on Freedom of the Seas at the moment. It is also only a trial period on the Freedom to see if it's feasible idea. It will come down to how much money these things make each cruise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Even though I won't be able to get one on NoS, why do you think it's a bad idea? Too much space? Too expensive? Personally, I don't think I'd pay $200/day if it was small, but some will. My brother is bringing two toddlers, and they'll need to be out of the sun often, but not necessarily away from the pool. If it was big enough that my group of 9 could fit most/half at a time, I think we'd be willing to spend it on at sea days. Just wondering what your reasons are for "bad idea". Thanks for the feedback.

Even though I won't be able to get one on NoS, why do you think it's a bad idea? Too much space? Too expensive? Personally, I don't think I'd pay $200/day if it was small, but some will. My brother is bringing two toddlers, and they'll need to be out of the sun often, but not necessarily away from the pool. If it was big enough that my group of 9 could fit most/half at a time, I think we'd be willing to spend it on at sea days. Just wondering what your reasons are for "bad idea". Thanks for the feedback.

I was just on the Navigator two weeks ago, and there are no cabanas. There is, however, plenty of shaded space near the pools.

I think it's a terrible idea because there is a limited amount of deck space, and the cabanas would eat up a huge chunk of public space for a limited number of people.

That was open seating meaning free (hold the nothing is ever free comments;)) and from the looks of them, they'll create an obstructed view of the pool area for anyone sitting in a chair behind them.

My brother is bringing two toddlers, and they'll need to be out of the sun often, but not necessarily away from the pool.

I know tone doesn't translate well on the internet, so let me preface this by saying that I mean this in an informational way with no malice intended - is your brother aware that if the toddlers aren't potty trained they can't actually go in the pool?

People on CC will think this is a bad idea, because they think once they booked their cruise everything onboard should be available all the time for them and they envy those getting more perks than them, be it for paying for a more upscale room, or for paying extra for it. If there is such a Thing they think it Needs to be at a place that was off Limits for them before and not in a place they might have liked utilizing before.

Many Forget a cruiseline is no charity, but a Company in the Business to make Money for the shareholders.

Personally I would not pay for a cabana, but if they manage to sell them for 200-300 a day I applaud to them and I say what a great idea - a Money maker at Little cost.

They have cabanas on three of the HAL ships for rent by the week or by the day if they are not sold out for the week.

They have retreat cabanas which are in the retreat (spa) area that rent for $299. week. The pool cabanas rent for $199. a week. Your have a covered cabana with huge loungers, table and chairs, a cabana boy to get you drinks, lunch, etc. Your get champagne in the afternoon. We rented one on or last HAL cruise and while it was a nice place to be and you always had your reserved spot, we found it to be "hot" because of the airflow. We were in the Caribbean.

You can search cabanas on the HAL board and see pictures. You will find people who love them and people who hate them. They are usually sold out on each cruise.

I know tone doesn't translate well on the internet, so let me preface this by saying that I mean this in an informational way with no malice intended - is your brother aware that if the toddlers aren't potty trained they can't actually go in the pool?

Yes, he knows, I tend to forget things like that when I'm asking questions for our group. I only have a teen, and don't tend to think about those things unless reminded.

They have cabanas on three of the HAL ships for rent by the week or by the day if they are not sold out for the week.

They have retreat cabanas which are in the retreat (spa) area that rent for $299. week. The pool cabanas rent for $199. a week. Your have a covered cabana with huge loungers, table and chairs, a cabana boy to get you drinks, lunch, etc. Your get champagne in the afternoon. We rented one on or last HAL cruise and while it was a nice place to be and you always had your reserved spot, we found it to be "hot" because of the airflow. We were in the Caribbean.

You can search cabanas on the HAL board and see pictures. You will find people who love them and people who hate them. They are usually sold out on each cruise.

We did the cabanas on the Eurodam several years ago. They were very nice. I spent half of my day sleeping in them!

They look nothing like these things. I would say they are what cabanas are when you think of the word. These look like beach umbrellas.