Regal Princess Aft Pool

dedosr

So this is their answer to the lack of a pool at the back of the ship.

I saw a somewhat better picture on USA Today's travel section but can't find it now. It didn't make it look any larger, just more of a direct view.

----

I found the pic: http://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/travel/cruises/2014/05/29/first-look-princess-cruises-new-regal-princess/9708799/ I think it is the 11th pic.

Edited by Coral

It will be an unfortunate spot if those soot problems are sorted yet.

The last I have heard on the subject is that Princess was "hopeful" the modifications will work. And the only sighting so far (from Av8tor's review) doesn't look encouraging...?? I live in hope...

I saw a somewhat better picture on USA Today's travel section but can't find it now. It didn't make it look any larger, just more of a direct view.

----

I found the pic: http://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/travel/cruises/2014/05/29/first-look-princess-cruises-new-regal-princess/9708799/ I think it is the 11th pic.

Okay, that's just ludicrous. Aft bathtub would be a more accurate description of that. I've seen bigger kiddie wading pools. Was the designer of these two new ships someone with a water phobia? A chlorine allergy? A crippling hatred of pool noodles or the game "Marco Polo"? (Actually, I'd be right there with him on the latter.)

Okay, that's just ludicrous. Aft bathtub would be a more accurate description of that. I've seen bigger kiddie wading pools. Was the designer of these two new ships someone with a water phobia? A chlorine allergy? A crippling hatred of pool noodles or the game "Marco Polo"? (Actually, I'd be right there with him on the latter.)

I think it was done just enough to say they added an aft pool. It sort of reminds me of the weird pool that is aft on the Coral Princess. I keep asking "what the heck were they thinking".

I agree about the lack of pools on these ships. Disappointing! I am one who only gets to swim/use a pool on cruises.

I think it was done just enough to say they added an aft pool. It sort of reminds me of the weird pool that is aft on the Coral Princess. I keep asking "what the heck were they thinking".

I agree about the lack of pools on these ships. Disappointing! I am one who only gets to swim/use a pool on cruises.

That pool was the Youth a Center Pool until the Sanctuary took over the area around it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That pool was the Youth a Center Pool until the Sanctuary took over the area around it.

It is just odd with the plastic/glass around it (Coral Princess).

Edited by Coral

Yawn...

I think it looks good. Yes it's not an Olympic sized pool but it's a pool. Somewhere to cool off and plenty of shallow space around to sit in. Do people really expect a lap pool or something?

Yawn...

I think it looks good. Yes it's not an Olympic sized pool but it's a pool. Somewhere to cool off and plenty of shallow space around to sit in. Do people really expect a lap pool or something?

Hoping for something equivalent to the Grand class aft pools.

Edited by Coral

Yawn...

My husband was just saying basically the same thing:D. If you think of it, on other ships no one hardly swam in the back pools....they would do more sitting and chatting in the water than actual swimming;)

IMO, better than no pool at all and someplace to cool off with a great view!

Edited by Happy2cruise

Why couldn't they make it the whole width? Water shortage?:D

Also, when we were on the Royal the pools were too cold. I think in an effort to be "green" they didn't care about the passengers turning blue:eek: at least being "green" was the explanation I got from the supervisor I spoke to at the retreat pool. I miss the "indoor" pools on the older ships. A lit easier on the skin, providing some protection from the sun and heated. I do live so many of the features on the Riyal/Regal though.

I predicted that lovers of the Terrace Pool and the wrap around Promenade deck on other Princess ships would be underwhelmed by anything Princess did to address these shortcomings on the Regal and eventually the Royal. I'm a cup half full kind if guy and suggest not knocking it until you tried it. At least Princess tried to retrofit as best they could on a ship that was designed and well under construction. People were all excited when the saw an aft pool on Britannia, P&Os version of the Royal. As the deck plans have been revealed, the Regal's version looks better to me.