Promise I am not trying to sound like a spoiled jerk...Oasis, cabana suite holder

I am traveling on Oasis and since we will be at Haiti on the suite holder beach I wanted a cabana. I have left various requests for weeks and emailed the concierge for help. They told me they do not normally start booking the cabana's before 2 weeks to sailing and I am 16 days away.

This morning they returned my email :D....but all the cabana's are gone :mad: How is it that I have been so on top of this and yet they are all booked when you can ONLY book a suite cabana with the concierge??

I was actually told you can only book directly with the concierge when on board the ship but thanks to ALL of you, I realized there was hope in emailing directly.

So yes, I am grateful to have a suite and I don't want to sound spoiled but a cabana was the only thing we wanted in Haiti to celebrate my son's birthday. I am bummed and also confused how did other's grab them up?

Thanks

Maggie:)

I am traveling on Oasis and since we will be at Haiti on the suite holder beach I wanted a cabana. I have left various requests for weeks and emailed the concierge for help. They told me they do not normally start booking the cabana's before 2 weeks to sailing and I am 16 days away.

This morning they returned my email :D....but all the cabana's are gone :mad: How is it that I have been so on top of this and yet they are all booked when you can ONLY book a suite cabana with the concierge??

I was actually told you can only book directly with the concierge when on board the ship but thanks to ALL of you, I realized there was hope in emailing directly.

So yes, I am grateful to have a suite and I don't want to sound spoiled but a cabana was the only thing we wanted in Haiti to celebrate my son's birthday. I am bummed and also confused how did other's grab them up?

Thanks

Maggie:)

Check with the concierge when you board and you may find that a cabana has miraculously:rolleyes: become available. You really should try to relax or you won't be able to enjoy your cruise because of all your unnecessary worrying.

Check with the concierge when you board and you may find that a cabana has miraculously:rolleyes: become available. You really should try to relax or you won't be able to enjoy your cruise because of all your unnecessary worrying.

Yep, you will see they are available onboard. You could reserve one on Nellies beach through your online cruise planner and then cancel it onboard if you get one on barefoot beach.

That's right...BUT (and that's a big but) if you don't get a cabana, it is NOT the end of the world! There is plenty of shade all over the place! And, if your son is not adult, he's likely going to want to go all over the place...and not sit in one spot.! So...no worries...Labadee is a fun day, with or without a cabana! Promise!

I don't think she will have a problem enjoying her cruise but I certainly understand her disappointment. She did everything right to get the cabana and yet missed out.

You could email the concierge back and ask to be put on a waiting list (don't know if they do it but doesn't hurt to ask). If you really want a cabana and don't care if its on another beach, ask if they can reserve one for you.

On the flip side, Barefoot Beach is really nice with or without a cabana - not overly crowded and very nice to simply grab a beach chair or float in the water.

It does seem to be hit or miss on reserving a cabana in advance. Our first time got royally screwed up - although the concierge did jump through hoops to make it right. This time, we too are determined to get one in advance. I have seen someone post on here that they got one reserved months in advance but yet others get no response. :eek:

Did you check your cruise planner to see if you could book nellies beach cabanas instead of barefoot beach?Then cancel nellies if you get barefoot.With your gold card you could still get in barefoot to eat the upgraded buffet.

I must sound like a total worry wart! :D:D:D

I guess I just have been planning this since Feb and it is for my son's 16th birthday and I want to get everything right. And there is so much more to planning a cruise than just booking the room..and even that took so much thought and consideration....which room, which view, which floor....and all up to my decissions to make everyone happy.

And that was just the start.

I am so Sorry if I am asking too many questions. I found this board and I guess all the questions that have been building up in my head found a place for answers. I am grateful for your kindness and guidence.

Maggie

When I was on Independence last year and after a cabana at Coco Cay, I emailed the concierge about 3 months in advance to ask the process for reserving one. He said he wouldn't be dealing with them until he had the initial guest list, which would be about a month before and to email back then. One month before the cruise I emailed again and received no response. Two weeks before the cruise, the concierge changed (found out from the thread on here), so I emailed again. I received a reply saying that they were completely booked. I was really disappointed as I had done exactly as I had been told.

The day we boarded, we went to see the concierge. He told us that they were all booked but he would let us know if one became available. He called us about 30 minutes later to say none had been booked and to let him know which one we wanted and we were top of his list!

I can understand you wanting everything to be perfect, just see someone about it as soon as you board. I would also agree with asking to be put on a waiting list, if one exists.

Never apologise for asking questions. Some people tend to have a short fuse for answering questions, which makes you wonder why they reply in the first place... Ask as many questions as you need to, there will always be someone willing to answer.

I hope you have a great cruise and happy 16th birthday to your son!

Thank you all! When I finally board this ship and everything is okay with flights, bags, room and we are good to go...I will be the one smiling, holding a big cocktail and taking a deep breath!!

LOL

Thank you all! When I finally board this ship and everything is okay with flights, bags, room and we are good to go...I will be the one smiling, holding a big cocktail and taking a deep breath!!

LOL

That's the spirit, have a great cruise.

Could be a second ship docked at the same time, meaning double the people trying to book. On our last cruise on oasis the C offered us a cabaña the morning we docked

That happened to us on the Serenade at Coco Cay in March. We were sharing a cabana with friends in the RS, and even they had to wait until after we were on the ship for confirmation. Since Majesty was in port with us, the cabanas had to be divided between the two ships.

Yep, you will see they are available onboard. You could reserve one on Nellies beach through your online cruise planner and then cancel it onboard if you get one on barefoot beach.

Hi, what's the difference between nellie's beach and Barefoot Beach? Thanks in advance.

DrB

Hi, what's the difference between nellie's beach and Barefoot Beach? Thanks in advance.

DrB

Barefoot Beach cabanas are for full suite guests and Pinnacle Club members, and are booked by the concierge. In addition to the cabanas, there is an upgraded buffet.

Nellie's Beach cabanas are open to all guests and can be booked at the Shore Excursions desk. I don't believe the upgraded buffet is part of the Nellie's cabana package anymore.

Edited by clarea

Barefoot Beach cabanas are for full suite guests and Pinnacle Club members, and are booked by the concierge. In addition to the cabanas, there is an upgraded buffet.

Nellie's Beach cabanas are open to all guests and can be booked at the Shore Excursions desk. I don't believe the upgraded buffet is part of the Nellie's cabana package anymore.

They could still go over and have the upgraded buffet even with the Nellie's cabana seeing as they're in a suite.

They could still go over and have the upgraded buffet even with the Nellie's cabana seeing as they're in a suite.

That's true, I forgot to mention that suite guests and PC members could use the beach area and upgraded buffet at Barefoot Beach without have to rent a cabana.

Can anyone confirm whether Nellie's reservations can no longer use he upgraded buffet? Thanks.

DrB

Can anyone confirm whether Nellie's reservations can no longer use he upgraded buffet? Thanks.

DrB

That is correct, they can't.

I wonder if the category of suite sets the pecking order on who gets first shot at BB cabanas?

I know in March we got two prior to the Email going out to all suite holders. I Emailed two weeks prior to sailing and received a confirmation a few days later. About two days after that a mass Email went out to all the suite holders detailing all the services provided by the concierge.

This included BB cabanas, which at the time the Email went out said there were only 12 left out of the 20.

I was in an OS and my brother was in a CLS.