Does Explorer have an adults enclosed glass pool?

Jetswdo

I'm confused because the website says that solarium pool has the retractable glass covering- some sites said that it wasn't true?

We are thinking about doing an Alaska cruise- years ago we were on Sapphire Princess that had that kind of a pool, which was great for Alaska--

We are thinking about doing this again, but a round trip Seattle---

But will only go on a ship that has enclosed pool feature---

There is no retractable roof on the Explorer.

We needed one on our Mediterranean cruise in October. We had some not so nice weather and it would have been nice to sit in the jaccuzi when it was raining and chilly outside.

I find the Jacuzzis are good especially when it is cooler.:D

The story as we have heard it around the traps is that when they chucked all those extra cabins on Deck 12 at the refurb, the roof had to go due to weight & balance issues.

We mentioned this on Voyager last month and the officer (sorry can't remember what his job was) said very definitely that there never was a roof. We were discussing about the 2016/17 Aussie summer season where all the trips on Explorer and Voyager are going to the Sth Pacific and/or Fiji.

We were on Voyager early 2013 and I have looked through my photos and don't have one of the Solarium, so I am not sure now.

I kinda presumed that it went with the meaning of Solarium, but even without the roof it is quite enclosed and sheltered there on Voyager.

I know Solstice has a fantastic roof on the Solarium :)

Edited by goodycruising

Hi

We just got off Explorer and was also on her before the revitalisation, to my knowledge there has never been a roof on the solarium, it is enclosed to a point as there are lots of loungers undercover but the pool is in the open air, this seems to be the case for all Voyager and Freedom class ships, this sort of ship will be ideal in the warmer climates, we have been on Enchantment a couple of times and they never seem to have the roof open which can make it quite uncomfortable.

The story as we have heard it around the traps is that when they chucked all those extra cabins on Deck 12 at the refurb, the roof had to go due to weight & balance issues.

We mentioned this on Voyager last month and the officer (sorry can't remember what his job was) said very definitely that there never was a roof. We were discussing about the 2016/17 Aussie summer season where all the trips on Explorer and Voyager are going to the Sth Pacific and/or Fiji.

We were on Voyager early 2013 and I have looked through my photos and don't have one of the Solarium, so I am not sure now.

I kinda presumed that it went with the meaning of Solarium, but even without the roof it is quite enclosed and sheltered there on Voyager.

I know Solstice has a fantastic roof on the Solarium :)

There has never been a retractable solarium roof on any Voyager Class ship

Edited by SeaUs

The Explorer Solarium has never had a glass roof, nor has any Voyager or Freedom Class ship.

To the Op...The Explorer does have a large indoor jacuzzi in the spa.

The Explorer Solarium has never had a glass roof, nor has any Voyager or Freedom Class ship.

To the Op...The Explorer does have a large indoor jacuzzi in the spa.

The only enclosed "pool" on the Explorer is the giant jacuzzi "pool" in the fitness center on deck 11 forward. Here's a link that has lots of pictures - http://voyager-class.com/pictures/publicspaces/11_shipshape/gallery.html

The locker rooms in the fitness center also have a sauna, steam room, large showers, and lots of towels.

The only enclosed "pool" on the Explorer is the giant jacuzzi "pool" in the fitness center on deck 11 forward. Here's a link that has lots of pictures - http://voyager-class.com/pictures/publicspaces/11_shipshape/gallery.html

The locker rooms in the fitness center also have a sauna, steam room, large showers, and lots of towels.

Cheers.:D

They need to fix the website then as it still says the website also says

"The indoor/outdoor pool and lounge is covered by a huge glass roof during inclement weather."

Unfortunately, there are many fixes needed on the website.

Before we cruised on the Explorer we had only been on Vision and Radiance class ships. [but had read EX had a roof for the Solarium]. Imagine our surprise when we went to the Solarium on an October cruise from Bayonne and realized it was open. :eek: We walked through the "door" that was labeled Solarium and just stopped. We looked around and laughed.

Before we cruised on the Explorer we had only been on Vision and Radiance class ships. [but had read EX had a roof for the Solarium]. Imagine our surprise when we went to the Solarium on an October cruise from Bayonne and realized it was open. :eek: We walked through the "door" that was labeled Solarium and just stopped. We looked around and laughed.

If it is advertised as a bonus like it is on the website, you would have been surprised.

I personally think it's great with the option of a retractable roof or even a permanent roof in the solarium. If cold/bad weather, one will still have a choice of using a pool but with no roof that option has been taken away.

Although RCI need to make full use of the retractable roof, ensuring it is either open or close depending on the weather and not their moods.

Edited by sky0000547

I personally think it's great with the option of a retractable roof or even a permanent roof in the solarium. If cold/bad weather, one will still have a choice of using a pool but with no roof that option has been taken away.

I agree. Besides, without the glass roof, it's not really a solarium, by definition.