Alchohol package

nitamarty

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

Here's the statement from the Princess webpage about the All-Inclusive Beverage Package:

"Take advantage of our All-Inclusive Beverage Package which includes any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value). Bottles of wine are NOT included in the package; however, when purchased in bars, dining rooms or specialty restaurants, will be available at 40% discount from the menu price. Applicable to all bottles below $100 retail. Note: This package is available for consumption at all bars, public areas and dining venues (not room service and excludes mini bar items). Terms and conditions may apply.

Package is NOT available for purchase within 3 days of sailing. Package is NOT available for voyages 2 nights or fewer".

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

Edited by Astro Flyer

Here's an example of selection & prices:

I took photos of the current bar menu on the Crown earlier this month. About the only change from ship to ship should be the themed drinks for the cruise. Our cruise was a 4-day coastal with a stop in Santa Barbara and the required PVSA stop in Ensenada. That made ours a Mexico cruise and the specials were the Flavors of Mexico :rolleyes: As you can see, unless you order a double, all of the drinks are under $10 and included in the All Inclusive Beverage Package. The only exceptions would be some wines by the glass at Vines and some of the Bellinis at Bellini's on the Royal and Regal.

2015-02-06%2B-%2BDrink%2BMenu%2BPage%2B1%2B-%2BFlavors%2Bof%2BMexico.jpg2015-02-06%2B-%2BDrink%2BMenu%2BPage%2B2%2B-%2BVodka.jpg2015-02-06%2B-%2BDrink%2BMenu%2BPage%2B3%2B-%2BGin.jpg2015-02-06%2B-%2BDrink%2BMenu%2BPage%2B4%2B-%2BRum.jpg2015-02-06%2B-%2BDrink%2BMenu%2BPage%2B5%2B-%2BTequila.jpg

As you can see from the posted menus it is pretty hard to not get whatever you want with the AIBP. Very (very!) little doesn't fall under the price range covered. Everything in the posted menus is included.

Edited by Thrak

that was included in one of the sales last spring?

We booked when they were offering the free AIBP last spring.

We are wondering if being the package was free about how they are handling the tipping on it.

Has anyone had any onboard experience with this yet?

From the Princess Beverage Package Evaluator spreadsheet. These are the only things listed that aren't included in the package:

Chivas Royal Salute $12.50 Remy Martin xo $12.00 Mirabelle, Brut Rose $11.00 Nicholas Feuillatte, Brut $13.00 Veuve Clicquot, Brut $17.00 Nebbiolo Valmaggiore, Bruno Giacosa $12.00 Cabernet Sauvignon, Sanctuary $13.00 Nicholas Feuillatte, Brut Reserve $13.00 Veuve Clicquot, Brut $17.00 Remy Martin XO $10.75 Remy Martin X.O. $10.75

that was included in one of the sales last spring?

We booked when they were offering the free AIBP last spring.

We are wondering if being the package was free about how they are handling the tipping on it.

Has anyone had any onboard experience with this yet?

The package include the gratuity. It doesn't matter whether you pay additional cash/OBC for the package or whether it was included with the cruise fare as part of a promotion, it still includes the gratuity. Of course your bar tender is always happy to see a little extra.

The package include the gratuity. It doesn't matter whether you pay additional cash/OBC for the package or whether it was included with the cruise fare as part of a promotion' date=' it still includes the gratuity. Of course your bar tender is always happy to see a little extra.[/quote']

As stated the AIBP includes a 15% gratuity. It's just like any drink you purchase on Princess - a 15% gratuity is figured into the price.

From the Princess Beverage Package Evaluator spreadsheet. These are the only things listed that aren't included in the package:

Chivas Royal Salute $12.50 Remy Martin xo $12.00 Mirabelle, Brut Rose $11.00 Nicholas Feuillatte, Brut $13.00 Veuve Clicquot, Brut $17.00 Nebbiolo Valmaggiore, Bruno Giacosa $12.00 Cabernet Sauvignon, Sanctuary $13.00 Nicholas Feuillatte, Brut Reserve $13.00 Veuve Clicquot, Brut $17.00 Remy Martin XO $10.75 Remy Martin X.O. $10.75

I recently read an article about changes to AIBP packages on RCCL & for drinks exceeding their price limit they allow passengers to pay the difference. That's how the Princess wine packages work...do you know if Princess allows passengers to pay the difference when a drink's price exceeds the $10 limit?

I recently read an article about changes to AIBP packages on RCCL & for drinks exceeding their price limit they allow passengers to pay the difference. That's how the Princess wine packages work...do you know if Princess allows passengers to pay the difference when a drink's price exceeds the $10 limit?

No , you pay the full price of the drink.

If you want a double drink, it would be over $10. just get the drink and ask for a shot of whatever you are drinking when you get the drink, and they will bring it to you in a few minutes. I have never had a problem with dong this.

Sadly, I tend to drink double bourbon or double scotch - strait up. It's pretty lame getting a single shot. I guess I'll just have to deal with it as we booked our next two cruises under the Sip n Sail promo. Definitely a first world problem. :rolleyes:

If you want a double drink, it would be over $10. just get the drink and ask for a shot of whatever you are drinking when you get the drink,

and they will bring it to you in a few minutes. I have never had a problem with dong this.

Is there a time interval required?

Any non-alcoholic or alcoholic beverage $10 and under, which is about 90/95% of every mixed drink, straight spirits, liqueurs, wines by the glass, espresso drinks, etc. sold on the ship. No limits.

Out of 436 drinks on the Beverage Calculator, 11 are priced at higher than $10. That makes it 99.975% of the drinks are included in the package.

We currently have the AIBP on our 28 day cruise to Tahiti (HI Thrak! ) but now under the 3 for Free the price for our cabin has gone down considerably!

This cruise has a TON of sea days so I'm inclined to stick with the beverage package but am trying to justify the several thousand dollar difference.

Does anyone remember if Princess still has fresh squeezed juices (orange and grapefruit) and if they're included? That might actually tip the scales.

Thanks!

Is there a time interval required?

Nope, no time limit between drinks. It is just one at s time. If you're sitting at the bar, and it's obvious the drink is for you, ie to make s double or add a shot to a mixed drink, the bartender will generally just give you the next one within minutes of your first order.

We currently have the AIBP on our 28 day cruise to Tahiti (HI Thrak! ) but now under the 3 for Free the price for our cabin has gone down considerably!

This cruise has a TON of sea days so I'm inclined to stick with the beverage package but am trying to justify the several thousand dollar difference.

Does anyone remember if Princess still has fresh squeezed juices (orange and grapefruit) and if they're included? That might actually tip the scales.

Thanks!

You must be in a suite. I can check again but, when I checked pricing for my balcony cabin under the 3 for Free it was $100 more than the price I booked under the Sip n Sail. I'll look again but, for a 28 day cruise with so many sea days, the AIBP is quite attractive to us.

I've had OJ and Grapefruit juice onboard but neither was fresh-squeezed. I would be interested in knowing if those are available.

We are on the Emerald sailing part around Australia and New Zealand, my questions are,

1 Is the beverage package / drink prices in US dollars or Australian dollars?

2 Does the Emerald sell any " Real" ale or craft beers on board?

Cheers,

Mklions