Princess Clarifies Suite Amenities Rollout

Princess Cruises

I’m writing from Princess’ PR department, as we have seen many questions on cruisecritic.com relating to the rollout of our new suite and mini suite amenities, and we would like to help clarify the rollout schedule. The good news is that most items are in place aboard ships departing from U.S. homeports, or will be very soon. Ships sailing internationally – Grand Princess, Diamond Princess, Tahitian Princess and Pacific Princess – will see a bit longer delivery time.

Here is the status of the amenities and schedule of roll-out:

The following items are in place fleetwide: Pillows/Menu, Champagne on embarkation, Massage Showerheads, Halo Mirrors (suites), DVD Players and Library (suites).

Mattresses – As of this past weekend (October 15) new mattresses are in place aboard most vessels. Star Princess is scheduled to receive its final delivery on October 23 and Pacific Princess by the end of November.

Bed Linens – These have been introduced aboard most vessels. Dawn Princess is scheduled to receive its final shipments on October 29. Grand Princess, Diamond Princess, Tahitian Princess and Pacific Princess will see delivery in the coming weeks.

Mini-Suite Luxury Towels – Towels similar to those already the suites are currently in place in mini-suites aboard Diamond Princess, Coral Princess, Sun Princess, Dawn Princess, Sea Princess and Regal Princess. Remaining vessels should receive shipments by the end of October, except for Grand Princess, Tahitian Princess and Pacific Princess, which get their shipments in November or early December.

Bath Amenities – Mini suite amenities are in place on all vessels. Additional suite amenities will be arriving in the coming months.

Naturally, this schedule could be subject to change – international shipments in particular can be affected by unforeseen delays.

I hope this is helpful to everyone who has had questions. Happy cruising!

Thanks very much for taking the time to post this information here. Hopefully your efforts at outreach will quell some of the negative comments stemming from the fact that the roll out wasn’t as timely as some here thought it should be.

Thanks for taking time to post here with the clarification. Its great to know that you have been (or are starting to) read the boards.

With so many of your most loyal and frequent customers here (not me yet, but hope to be in the future), I do hope you'll take the time to evaluate some of the more common issues raised over time on CC....Horizon Court layout and food quality, 1-800 customer service knowledge level, service inconsistencies (especially on CB), etc. Although many issues raised on CC are hotly debated (and never resolved or agreed upon - lol!), there are a few that emerge as 'majority opinion' such as those raised above. It would be great to hear from you now and then (monthly? quarterly?) to hear about what's new in terms of itineraries, enhancements, responses to customer feedback, etc.

Thanks once again for the clarification.

Thank you Princess PR. This information will go a long way to help curb the dissapointment that would be felt by those boarding those ships that haven't yet received some of the ammenities. I agree with the previous poster. It would be great to hear from you on these boards more often. Thanks again.

Thanks Princess PR. We have a mini-suite booked on the Caribbean Princess for Xmas and I'm sure looking forward to sleeping in a new more comfortable mattress. We love sailing Princess but the only one real complaint we've had is the mattress quality - both on the Sapphire and Diamond.

:o To Princess PR:

Sorry. the information in your post sounds great but I am very gun shy.

Is there someway you can verify that you do indeed represent Princess Cruises?

Nothing personal, but this is your first post and I just can't seem to identify who you are even though the information given seems accurate and legitimate. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

After reading this list of new amenities, I think I will have to twist my husband's arm for an upgrade from balcony to mini-suite for our Mexico trip in 2007 aboard the Golden Princess. I would be fun to enjoy this ship with many passengers and relax in our oasis (mini-suite). Only time that we were on this ship was during 9/11 (Grand Med. cruise). It was eery to be cruising in such a large ship but with so few passengers at the time.

Princess pr,

Thanks for taking the time to post. I am also a little skeptical. In the past when a cruise lines has released information for the boards they usually have Laura Sterling post the information for them. This would give you announcement more validity. You very well may be who you say you are, but it is far to easy for anyone to sign up and claim to be something they are not. Perhaps a quick email to Laura Sterling would confirm your identity!

I’m writing from Princess’ PR department, as we have seen many questions on cruisecritic.com relating to the rollout of our new suite and mini suite amenities, and we would like to help clarify the rollout schedule. The good news is that most items are in place aboard ships departing from U.S. homeports, or will be very soon. Ships sailing internationally – Grand Princess, Diamond Princess, Tahitian Princess and Pacific Princess – will see a bit longer delivery time.

Here is the status of the amenities and schedule of roll-out:

The following items are in place fleetwide: Pillows/Menu, Champagne on embarkation, Massage Showerheads, Halo Mirrors (suites), DVD Players and Library (suites).

Mattresses – As of this past weekend (October 15) new mattresses are in place aboard most vessels. Star Princess is scheduled to receive its final delivery on October 23 and Pacific Princess by the end of November.

Bed Linens – These have been introduced aboard most vessels. Dawn Princess is scheduled to receive its final shipments on October 29. Grand Princess, Diamond Princess, Tahitian Princess and Pacific Princess will see delivery in the coming weeks.

Mini-Suite Luxury Towels – Towels similar to those already the suites are currently in place in mini-suites aboard Diamond Princess, Coral Princess, Sun Princess, Dawn Princess, Sea Princess and Regal Princess. Remaining vessels should receive shipments by the end of October, except for Grand Princess, Tahitian Princess and Pacific Princess, which get their shipments in November or early December.

Bath Amenities – Mini suite amenities are in place on all vessels. Additional suite amenities will be arriving in the coming months.

Naturally, this schedule could be subject to change – international shipments in particular can be affected by unforeseen delays.

I hope this is helpful to everyone who has had questions. Happy cruising!

Very nice. When Princess "rolls out" these amenities to all cabin categories, they will have almost caught up with Holland America.

Nothing personal, but this is your first post and I just can't seem to identify who you are even though the information given seems accurate and legitimate. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

My sentiments exactly. I think it's a fabulous idea for someone from Princess to post here regularly to correct misconceptions. I've seen other companies do this on other travel-related message boards and it definitely improves the information shared there and creates a sense that the company cares about its customers. But I would like some verification that you are actually from Princess, so we know we can trust the information you're providing. I hope I don't seem unfriendly or unwelcoming, it's just that I think it's important that the information shared here can be trusted. Thank you!

My sentiments exactly. I think it's a fabulous idea for someone from Princess to post here regularly to correct misconceptions. I've seen other companies do this on other travel-related message boards and it definitely improves the information shared there and creates a sense that the company cares about its customers. But I would like some verification that you are actually from Princess, so we know we can trust the information you're providing. I hope I don't seem unfriendly or unwelcoming, it's just that I think it's important that the information shared here can be trusted. Thank you!

My feelings exactly.

How many times have any of us called Princess directly, talked with a Princess Rep on the phone and been given incorrect information!!! doesn't mean they aren't legit, just that firsthand information can't be beat;)

Archived