Air travel through Princess.

philliesgirl48

Princess gives you the Airline Confirmation number on the Air Confirmation they send you by email. You can also find it on your Cruise Personalizer under Travel Arrangements.

With the Airline Confirmation number, go to the airline's website and choose seats, check in, etc.

Note: Some airlines will not let you choose seats in advance without extra payments.

If you go into your Peronalizer under your air arrangements you should see the airline confirmation code. You can then go to the airline website and use the code to access your booking and select your seats (some international airlines may charge for advance seat selection if you elect to pick seats prior to them opening up general seat selection but you will be able to tell that from the airline websites).

If you used a TA they should also be able to tell you your seat assignments or assist as needed.

I am cruising on the Caribbean Princess leaving 9/22 from Southampton.. I booked our plane tickets through Princess. How can I choose my seats? How will I print out boarding passes, confirm my flights?

If the airline allows it you can also choose your seats when you sign into to your cruise booking under travel arrangements. In our booking we have United flights and when I click on modify flights I can choose/change seats.

Some airlines don't allow seat assignments until 24 hours before the flight or they may also assign at the airport. :(

Princess gives you the Airline Confirmation number on the Air Confirmation they send you by email. You can also find it on your Cruise Personalizer under Travel Arrangements.

With the Airline Confirmation number, go to the airline's website and choose seats, check in, etc.

Note: Some airlines will not let you choose seats in advance without extra payments.

My experiences have been that non-US based airlines are most likely to charge a fee for coach seat assignments more than about 24 hours before departure. We've had advance seat assignment fees on Lufthansa, KLM & British.

After our British Isles cruise, we flew Virgin Atlantic home from London. Initially, we were told that seat assignments could only be made 24 hours prior to flight time unless you paid (I believe) $39 each) to book seats early. They also said that if you enrolled in their frequent flyer club, you would be able to choose your seat assignment 3 days prior to flight. This is what we did and it worked. Our friends were told that since the flight was a code share with Delta, they could use their Delta Club account number to be able to choose their seats 3 days early. They were unable to get their seat assignments and had to wait till 24 hours out before choosing their seats. The only difference between our air confirmations was that ours were linked to our VA flying club number and theirs were linked to their Delta flying club number.

It'd help if we knew what airlines you're flying on to England.

If it's British Airways and it's before your final payment, you have to pay for your airfare through Princess in advance, ask them to "ticket" the air, then pay the associated seat fee for each person. Ours was $127 per person, one way. If it's after final payment, then go to the airline's website and reserve your seats by either paying for them or waiting until closer to the flights (24-48 hrs. prior depending on your status).

With many other airlines, they don't charge for seat reservations (AA, Delta, etc.).

If it's British Airways and it's before your final payment, you have to pay for your airfare through Princess in advance, ask them to "ticket" the air, then pay the associated seat fee for each person. Ours was $127 per person, one way. If it's after final payment, then go to the airline's website and reserve your seats by either paying for them or waiting until closer to the flights (24-48 hrs. prior depending on your status).

With many other airlines, they don't charge for seat reservations (AA, Delta, etc.).

KLM allowed me to go to their website to pay for a seat assignment even before final payment so each airline may be different.

We have Flexible EZair flights & used our airline locator code on the KLM website to pay for a coach seat assignment. I was surprised because I had read posts such as yours that said seat assignments were not possible until paying the airfare. We had the option to pay for a standard coach seat, a preferred coach seat location & even their comfort coach seats with extra legroom & recline.

Unfortunately the OP didn't tell us what airline they're flying to provide specific information for their airline.

We are in the same cruise as you and have booked air thru Princess. We selected our seats at the time of making the reservation several months ago with no additional charges. We are flying BA out of San Diego direct to LHR in Premium Economy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

KLM allowed me to go to their website to pay for a seat assignment even before final payment so each airline may be different.

We have Flexible EZair flights & used our airline locator code on the KLM website to pay for a coach seat assignment. I was surprised because I had read posts such as yours that said seat assignments were not possible until paying the airfare. We had the option to pay for a standard coach seat, a preferred coach seat location & even their comfort coach seats with extra legroom & recline.

Unfortunately the OP didn't tell us what airline they're flying to provide specific information for their airline.

Yes, that's why I said many others don't charge for early seat assignments. ;) Glad you didn't have to pay. I know other people that fly KLM a lot and they never pay for them either. Guess BA is a leader in this profit-making endeavor.

As part of my selecting my Alaska Air flight from ONT to Vancouver, I was able to select my seat. This was also true for a round trip flight last year for another cruise. Guess every airline has a different attitude about preselecting seats.

Flying Air Canada

Flying Air Canada

Checking the Air Canada site to Europe it appears that advance seat assignments cost $20 - $50 CAD/USD when flying in coach.

https://www.aircanada.com/us/en/aco/home/legal/products-and-services.html

Although I don't know if they're one of the airlines who require paying for the EZAir airfare before being able to pay for a seat assignment.