22 year old missing from the Voyager of the seas

i think theres a crewmember,who transfers from ship to ship,and he randomly picks his victims,he strikes fast and then dashes away out of cameras views,eeeeeeeeeeeeee.:eek: :rolleyes:

That may not really be as far fetched as it sounds. Maybe they should run comparisons of all sailings where someone went missing and see if there were any crew that turn up on each of those sailings.

Now is certainly not the time for tasteless remarks such as the one on this thread. :rolleyes: It is a sad and unfortunate incident which is currently being investigated and not one for juvenile humor.:mad:

i think theres a crewmember,who transfers from ship to ship,and he randomly picks his victims,he strikes fast and then dashes away out of cameras views,eeeeeeeeeeeeee.:eek: :rolleyes:

Now this is a tasteless and disgusting remark.

Well I for one would hope the Police or the FBI have compared the manifests to see if any passenger or crew member have been on these cruises where these people are going missing. In this world you never know.

Well I for one would hope the Police or the FBI have compared the manifests to see if any passenger or crew member have been on these cruises where these people are going missing. In this world you never know.

I totally agree and said the same thing after George went missing.

###

Here is the local information from here on Elizabeth, the girl who is missing.

COLLIER COUNTY: A Collier County woman connected to a prominent family in Southwest Florida is missing from a Royal Caribbean cruise ship that was sailing in the Mediterranean. Twenty two year old Elizabeth Galeana has been missing since Tuesday morning.

Galeana is from Naples and her family owns the Galeana Automotive Group, based in Fort Myers.

Galeana was aboard the Voyager of the Seas, traveling from Rome to Naples, Italy. She was last seen around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday when she went to her parents' cabin for the night.

The next morning, around 7:30 a.m., Galeana was reported missing by her sister. According to the cruise line, they issued on board announcements and searched for her.

The US and Italian Coast Guard, the FBI, the US Consulate in Naples, Italy and the Naples Police are all involved in the investigation and search.

Royal Caribbean has issued a statement about Galeana's disappearance. You can read Royal Caribbean's statement by clicking on the link above right.

Galeana attended Gulf Coast High School but left in 2000 to attend the International Learning Academy, an alternative school, where Galeana's friend and former teacher Valaree Maxwell is president.

"Just a very effervescent young lady. She was always very bubbly and always wanted to graduate from high school," said Maxwell.

After she graduated in 2001, she went on to finishing school in Switzerland.

"I know her parents must be going crazy. I would be absolutely devastated if this were my child," said Maxwell.

Galeana's home was quiet and dark Friday night in the gated Saturnia Lakes Community. Neighbor Marilyn Borowsky is wondering what happened to her and hoping that she is alright.

"She was a very nice girl and it's very upsetting not knowing where she is and what's going on," said Borowsky. "I just hope they find her."

Galeana's grandmother in Michigan was contacted by phone on Friday but she said the family did not want to comment.

This is so impossible and improbable. Crew work 6-9 month contracts on ONE ship. They can't jump from ship to ship. They have to work their full contract and RCI has told them they have to work 2 years on a ship before requesting a transfer to a different ship. This is what a waiter told me on my February cruise while we were chatting. He wanted to work on a Radiance class ship but RCI told him he had to work 2 years on his current ship before being allowed to put in for a transfer.

This is so impossible and improbable. Crew work 6-9 month contracts on ONE ship. They can't jump from ship to ship. They have to work their full contract and RCI has told them they have to work 2 years on a ship before requesting a transfer to a different ship. This is what a waiter told me on my February cruise while we were chatting. He wanted to work on a Radiance class ship but RCI told him he had to work 2 years on his current ship before being allowed to put in for a transfer.

You're making the assumption that it's a lower level employee that is signed to longer contracts. Who says it couldn't be a higher level employee that is not relegated to remain on one ship for such long periods of time?

LOL but it's a sad day for someone.

You're making the assumption that it's a lower level employee that is signed to longer contracts. Who says it couldn't be a higher level employee that is not relegated to remain on one ship for such long periods of time?

yep, or an entertainer.

From the News Report:

Galeana was last seen at approximately 12:30 a.m. Tuesday July 25th, when she joined her parents to sleep in their stateroom says the statement.

At that time, the ship was sailing from Civitavecchia (Rome), to Naples.

Galeana was reported missing by her sister at approximately 7:30 a.m.

So the question will be.....what happened between 12:30 and 7:30......and was alcohol involved agian.....:confused:

Thanks for agreeing with me Doug! As I said before I asked the same questions when George went missing. AND, we still don't know what happened to Marilyn or Amy (and George). We used to feel safe on a RCI ship, however now we will do things in pairs :eek:

To be honest I'm worrying about the fact that I convinced my family to book a RCI cruise to celebrate our parents anniversary.

###

Hi everyone

My husband and I just came off Voyager 1 week ago, and when we got off Voyager, Brilliance of the Seas was next to her at the port in Barcelona. It made me think of what happened to the honeymoon couple last year, and I thought it must have been a one off?

Is there a lot of hidden cameras on a ship to track her last movements?

Did the report say if she was in a balcony cabin or not?

My husband and I felt totally safe on Voyager, and it is horrible to think something so sad happened on the ship we were on 1 week ago :(

so did her sister & her sleep in the pull out sofa bed? Parents in their bed? No one felt her leave even to go out on a balcony if they had one. The stateroom is small enough that when my DH gets up to go to the bathroom I hear him I feel the bed move since it is far from what we sleep on at home.

Something here isn't adding up......... Daughter is no screw loose person, s she is well educated. SO was she off for breakfast and met the man of her dreams & went to his stateroom? Was the ship already gone from Rome when they went to bed or did she exit the ship?

We have done a Med cruise & it is wonderful but lately disaster is happening & why?

Galeanas are a very well to do family in our area and I am sure that they had a large suite on the ship, probably a family suite, I am sure I read that or heard it on TV. They are saying she returned to her parents cabin to sleep so that must be where she was staying. I also think they should do a complete investigation of all personnel on the ship. This is getting to cooincidental.

Something here isn't adding up......... Daughter is no screw loose person, s she is well educated. SO was she off for breakfast and met the man of her dreams & went to his stateroom? Was the ship already gone from Rome when they went to bed or did she exit the ship?

We have done a Med cruise & it is wonderful but lately disaster is happening & why?

The high school she attended for her senior year is an alternative school for problem children. I know Valaree Maxwell. She loves those kids and does the best she can to settle them down and make them want to graduate. I'm not saying that after high school she didn't straighten out her act .... but I know that alternative school is for children that just can't make it in regular school for one reason or another - usually behavioral problems.

I just don't understand this either. The deck rails come up to my "female headlights". How can people just fall overboard. It has got to be foul play or alcohol or a person's desire to end their life. If this happens repeadedly, could they have a twisted sick member of their crew? I don't know. I can't believe the media has not gone wild with the story. A 22 year old girl from a wealthy family is missing from a cruise ship. This is media heaven. I really hope this stays quiet, but I am expecting we will all be hearing about it on our news stations very soon. lets all say prayers for her family. They are going through Hell right now. Not knowing is the worst.

Here is a link to our local newspaper. I assume they will have the latest information if you want to keep updated.

http://www.news-press.com/

Also attached a link to our local TV station. I think they update their site a little more often.

http://www.nbc-2.com/index.shtml

As was mentioned earlier, I am pretty sure they did not share a normal room with their parents. It was either a large suite or they had their own room.

My prayers are with the family.

Duane

Archived