Cabin 2462 Cat. 1A (Video)

Wennfred

This is Cabin 2462, its considered an Inside cabin but it has 2 large windows, its a very nice roomy cabin. This one is onboard Freedom but its the same on all Conquest Class ships. This cabin is located on the Portside way Aft. There is a Fridge and the Blow Dryer is located in the desk drawer.

This is a 3.5 minute video of cabin 2462:

Fred

We booked a Balcony Wraparound on the Splendor because 2462 and 2465 are Oceanview cabins there, but if we book a Conquest class, I will surely book 2462 and 2465 again, for the money you can't beat it.

Fred

Thanks for the vid, Fred. Will look forward to being in that cabin myself in 228 days (and then again in 312 days).

You may recall I tried to post a photo of that cabin prior to its maiden voyage that I'd received from this ship crew, but that attempt failed. Your video offers much better quality so, again, Thanks!! :)

Nice Video.

I have 2462 on the Liberty in 3 weeks.

Did you notice any extra noises or vibrations in this cabin?

Yes, when we left Miami it was quite bumpy because we were doing 22 knots and the seas were just alittle rough, there were white caps on the top of the waves so it was windy as well. But on the way back from St. Marteen, our last stop then after an emergency stop in St. Thomas to drop off 2 sick passengers, the Seas were just nice and flat and you could not feel a thing.

The Cabin sits right under the Azipod motor props, so when they move them to the extreme side as to pull away from or get closer to the pier you will feel the vibration big time. There is a slight hum at night but you will get used to it. This was on the Freedom, the Valor had the same feel to it also.

Fred

Thanks for the vid, Fred. Will look forward to being in that cabin myself in 228 days (and then again in 312 days).

You may recall I tried to post a photo of that cabin prior to its maiden voyage that I'd received from this ship crew, but that attempt failed. Your video offers much better quality so, again, Thanks!! :)

Probably this weekend I will post the Pictures as well.

Fred

Any problem with noise from the stairwell??

I kept remembering about the Stairwell, I was going to shoot it on film but since we never heard a Peep out of it, I forgot. Same with the Valor, never heard anything coming from the Stairwell, its not a public stairwell, more for the crew I guess and no one ever used it.

Fred

Other than perhaps the flat screen, it looks identical to the one on Liberty.

I see you discovered the bathroom door and first closet door don't always play nice.

I found the stairway very convenient for the lifeboat drill. Made it so much easier than mixing with the masses.

This is Cabin 2462, its considered an Inside cabin but it has 2 large windows, its a very nice roomy cabin. This one is onboard Freedom but its the same on all Conquest Class ships. This cabin is located on the Portside way Aft. There is a Fridge and the Blow Dryer is located in the desk drawer.

This is a 3.5 minute video of cabin 2462:

Fred

Fred

Is this the cabin that created all the hoopla a week or so ago about it being HC or HC accessible??

If it is i can not figure out how a HC person gets in that hallway??

Seems very very narrow!

Fred

Is this the cabin that created all the hoopla a week or so ago about it being HC or HC accessible??

If it is i can not figure out how a HC person gets in that hallway??

Seems very very narrow!

This one doesn't have the modifications but as you can see, its the same cabin on the other side, and yes the cabin is too small for a wheel chair, there is a coffee table with 2 chairs and the bed is a king size. They would have to pull one of the twins to make it work and get rid of the Coffee table and 2 chairs. Either way, its not on any HC list. Thats what I was told by the Hotel Manager onboard Freedom and he also gave me a list that shows all of the HC cabins. To book a HC cabin to begin with you need to fill out a 3 page medical form, these are not ask for on these 2 cabins. The HC people that shut down my other thread last week think just because its modified somewhat that its for HC people, well these are the same people that will sue Carnival because the layout of 2465 won't work for them once they are there. I stated that cabin 2465 would work well for a Scooter person or a person on a walker because they are somewhat mobile and can move around once off the scooter. I also stated that if the HC people wanted to secure the Modified 2465 they should all write Carnival to put that one on the HC list. Currently I know of at leave 5 people that booked those cabins and not one has been challenged by a PVP because once again they are not on any HC list, I asked another member to post the list and so far no word from that person. I would never book an HC cabin of those that are on the list.

Fred

Thanks for the vid, Fred, and a BIG thanks - your original thread tipped me off to this cabin. We snared it for our B2B last January on the Valor. Best cabin ever - well, except for that extended balcony on the Coral we had for our 25th anniversary cruise - but then, if we did that evry cruise, we'd cruise a whole lot less. :D Once again, THANKS!!!

Trock: Yep, that's the one. I agree, don't see how you'd get a wheelchair in, but LET'S NOT GO THERE!!!!!! :mad: :p

This one doesn't have the modifications but as you can see, its the same cabin on the other side, and yes the cabin is too small for a wheel chair, there is a coffee table with 2 chairs and the bed is a king size. They would have to pull one of the twins to make it work and get rid of the Coffee table and 2 chairs. Either way, its not on any HC list. Thats what I was told by the Hotel Manager onboard Freedom and he also gave me a list that shows all of the HC cabins. To book a HC cabin to begin with you need to fill out a 3 page medical form, these are not ask for on these 2 cabins. The HC people that shut down my other thread last week think just because its modified somewhat that its for HC people, well these are the same people that will sue Carnival because the layout of 2465 won't work for them once they are there. I stated that cabin 2465 would work well for a Scooter person or a person on a walker because they are somewhat mobile and can move around once off the scooter. I also stated that if the HC people wanted to secure the Modified 2465 they should all write Carnival to put that one on the HC list. Currently I know of at leave 5 people that booked those cabins and not one has been challenged by a PVP because once again they are not on any HC list, I asked another member to post the list and so far no word from that person. I would never book an HC cabin of those that are on the list.

Fred

\

That was a viscious thread.. and sorry to say .. they were so wrong

\

That was a viscious thread.. and sorry to say .. they were so wrong

Left me with the nastiest taste ever, when I was onboard I saw that my thread was closed, I shot out a nasty thread to that person in response and thank god someone immediately deleted it. Then I went and got a Miami Vice. :D That lady meant well and I appreciate she standing up for what she believes in or her rights but didn't and wouldn't accept the facts.

Fred

I didnt realize they locked your 2 year old thread. I just went and looked and sure enough. Sorry Fred. I see your comments and mine on the 2465 Valor thread were deleted now too.

I guess I give up. So, which RPG game were you playing for so long. I mostly do the easier RPG games. I had a flaw in my Aveyond 2 game, started a older version today on hard, only way it plays. On to cruising and more happy thoughts.

I saved a link to the thread for the pictures too of your old thread.

Left me with the nastiest taste ever, when I was onboard I saw that my thread was closed, I shot out a nasty thread to that person in response and thank god someone immediately deleted it. Then I went and got a Miami Vice. :D That lady meant good but didn't and wouldn't accept the facts.

Fred

You are correct... I dont understand why people can not have a disagreement in a respectful manner?

Well you were right, they were wrong cie la vie'

t

I guess I give up. So, which RPG game were you playing for so long. I mostly do the easier RPG games. I had a flaw in my Aveyond 2 game, started a older version today on hard, only way it plays. .

Check out Hellgate London, lots of fun but haven't played since I returned, trying to get back into the Night work mode again. We had 4 C/O Stabbed at one of the institutions last week and everyone is currently on Lock Down so I have keep alert. I should be sleeping right now but I'm having fun here.

Fred

Check out Hellgate London, lots of fun but haven't played since I returned, trying to get back into the Night work mode again. We had 4 C/O Stabbed at one of the institutions last week and everyone is currently on Lock Down so I have keep alert. I should be sleeping right now but I'm having fun here.

Fred

Yikes, working in a prison has a few drawbacks me thinks.

I just restarted Aveyond 2 this morning, so I will play it for a while, I have to battle for a few days and level up enough to get back to where my old game has a flaw, wanna see what happens, but Ill put Hellgate London on my list to play, thanks.

Yes, when we left Miami it was quite bumpy because we were doing 22 knots and the seas were just alittle rough, there were white caps on the top of the waves so it was windy as well. But on the way back from St. Marteen, our last stop then after an emergency stop in St. Thomas to drop off 2 sick passengers, the Seas were just nice and flat and you could not feel a thing.

The Cabin sits right under the Azipod motor props, so when they move them to the extreme side as to pull away from or get closer to the pier you will feel the vibration big time. There is a slight hum at night but you will get used to it. This was on the Freedom, the Valor had the same feel to it also.

Fred

Thanks for the video Fred.

Where exactly are the Azipod props located if this cabin is under them?:confused:

Bill

Thanks for the video Fred.

Where exactly are the Azipod props located if this cabin is under them?:confused:

Bill

Ouch, you got me there Bill :rolleyes: The cabin sits right ABOVE the Azipods, there :D

Fred

Archived