Looking for a good inside on the Royal. How are the sideways cabins on the Caribe

stipmom

We had sideways cabin Baja 335 in November and thought it was great for an inside and to top it all off we had an awesome room steward. The room has plenty of space for 2 people, at least in my opinion, it would be tight with 4(though this one didn't hold 4). There was also plenty of storage space. I really can't imagine that there would be much of a difference between any of the sideways cabins with the exception of the accessible cabins.

I have C329 on the Royal in September. On our October cruise, I met some new friends who had this cabin. They said that the only noise was a constant "white noise" from the air vent in back of the cabin. Since it was a constant sound, it didn't bother them. My sister had M525 on our October cruise and the banging and noise from the Horizon Court started early in the morning and went until late at night. I was down the hall in a balcony cabin and the noise from above started at 3am... it was awful.

We were on the Aloha deck 323 for our January 19 cruise. We loved this room, lots of room, we did not even use some of the shelves! We really liked the layout of the room. Very quiet area, no problems what so ever!! I have to admit, I did miss the balcony, just a little!! We were on Royal in November, too and were in E405--another great room with absolutely no obstruction and a large balcony!

On our January cruise, we had a female room steward, Julian, who was excellent and she was so sweet!! Too bad we couldn't bring her home with us!!:D:D

Have to say, we loved both of our cruises on the Royal and would book another cruise on her or Regal anytime!!!

If you wait a couple of hours, Dave (dmwnc1959), who did the "Everything Royal" thread last year, will probably see this and post his pictures and comments about the sideways cabin. He had one for 2 weeks back in December.
Dave has gone to bed. :) Here are the photos I have:

e3ube6e6.jpg

ate3ejy9.jpg

qa5a4ahe.jpg

We had a sideways cabin last week on the Ruby -- R515. It was an awesome cabin. There was more room than a regular inside. My sister and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Moreover, the closets had doors which pleased me. I would urge you to "go for it".

Have a great cruise.

We had Caribe 335 on the Royal TA this past Oct. and as we mentioned to Pam ( hi Pam) we heard white noise but did not detur us from enjoying this inside. Plenty of room for the two of us.
Hi, back! {{{ hugs }}} Edited by Pam in CA

My cabin was just forward of the center elevators. It was very quite and as someone mentioned on another thread, the lack of the air grating vent in the bottom of the door (that you'll find on Grand-class cabins) was a real 'plus' in keeping out noise from foot traffic in the corridors.

C406

11210019424_1b3c8970a5_c.jpg

11210018684_49718c409d_c.jpg

11210020404_70a9c684a7_c.jpg

11210019654_7583014704_c.jpg

I daresay I am pleased with the absence of the big mirror on the wall at the head of the bed(s) in these photos of the Royal. That's the one thing I don't care for in the inside cabins on the Grand Class ships. The infinite mirror reflections between the mirror on the head-of-the-bed-wall and the mirror over the desk, when resting in bed watching TV, can be very annoying because when the TV is on, the TV screen image and any movement occurring on the screen is repeated over and over and over in the reflections ...... forever!! I find that can be distracting.

JMO, of course.

I daresay I am pleased with the absence of the big mirror on the wall at the head of the bed(s) in these photos of the Royal. That's the one thing I don't care for in the inside cabins on the Grand Class ships. The infinite mirror reflections between the mirror on the head-of-the-bed-wall and the mirror over the desk, when resting in bed watching TV, can be very annoying because when the TV is on, the TV screen image and any movement occurring on the screen is repeated over and over and over in the reflections ...... forever!! I find that can be distracting.

JMO, of course.

You are right about that. I never thought to mention it before but it can be annoying on other ships. I like the soft padded wall behind the bed, too.

On C328 on the Royal (side ways inside) we also had a loud HVAC noise from the ceiling vent. Had to turn the TV up louder because of it, but we use a white noise machine at night to sleep so that took care of that. And I did note that the lack of a grate at the bottom of the door made the rooms quieter as far as hallway noise was concerned.

Just off the Feb. 9th sailing, inside cabin M-531.. Avoid this location at all cost if noise from above bothers you. We typically book rooms on the upper decks and are used to some noise from chairs and things being moved around early morning and late evening and it never really bothers us. This time we must have been under the Horizon Court kitchen and ALL night long there were carts rolling above us, things dropping, clanking, it was very difficult to sleep and I can sleep through anything.

Edited by Tropic5115

Just off the Feb. 9th sailing, inside cabin M-531.. Avoid this location at all cost if noise from above bothers you. We typically book rooms on the upper decks and are used to some noise from chairs and things being moved around early morning and late evening and it never really bothers us. This time we must have been under the Horizon Court kitchen and ALL night long there were carts rolling above us, things dropping, clanking, it was very difficult to sleep and I can sleep through anything.
I agree 100%. Avoid any cabin, balcony or inside, on Marina deck beneath the Horizon Court, even where there are tables. You'd think there would be noise insulation or that the carpet would help but it was as though they were dropping things on your head or entire drawers of silverware at 3am. The carts run continuously through the HC over the tile/travertine or whatever floor and the inside cabins are directly beneath. After my experience, I'd rather not cruise than be subjected to that day and most of the night. It's worse than any other ship I've been on and that's going some. Edited by Pam in CA

Thats good to know, kinda like the mid ship Riviera/Aloha deck suites under the pool area on the Grand Class ships. :(

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Dave has gone to bed. :) Here are the photos I have:

e3ube6e6.jpg

ate3ejy9.jpg

Was just about to post some pics when I realised these two pics Pam has kindly posted off of Dave's Royal thread are mine!! :)

They were from Royals maiden cruise, they are cabin L208.

There was no noise from the retreat pool area above as I think it's pretty much under the pool!! A fantastic cabin and a little bit different to a normal inside.

Edited by FlynnRider78

My cabin was just forward of the center elevators. It was very quite and as someone mentioned on another thread, the lack of the air grating vent in the bottom of the door (that you'll find on Grand-class cabins) was a real 'plus' in keeping out noise from foot traffic in the corridors.

C406

11210019424_1b3c8970a5_c.jpg

11210018684_49718c409d_c.jpg

11210020404_70a9c684a7_c.jpg

11210019654_7583014704_c.jpg

LOVE IT! We are in B412 on the Regal and cant wait. We had a sideways room once when we were on HAL and it seemed roomier so we opted for a switchup on princess and went for this type of room to compare to normal insides with princess and also to compare with HAL. Can't wait now...:D

I had a regular inside cabin. My friends had a sideways. Their

Cabin it's self seemed larger than mine. However my walk in

Closet area was larger than theirs. The desk in their cabin was

Longer than mine. My cabin had one light above the mirror over

The desk. Their mirror had two lights on both sides. The bulkhead

Above the desk in Dave's pictures was missing in mine.