Colour of Quantum Class Hull

I noticed this as well. Appears to be a darker blue than used for Oasis and Allure. It's the final color.

It's definitely a darker blue. Looks like a 'baby blue' colour but please don't quote me on that as I am not a colour expert lol.

I wonder why they are shifting from all white to a two-tone colour scheme. Quite a few other cruise lines have a two-tone colour scheme.

Here is a recent picture of Oasis where you can see the blue. We sailed twice on Allure and never noticed it. With all the talk about Quantum when we pulled in next to Oasis a few weeks ago in Cozumel took the picture.

%5BUNSET%5D

As mentioned before, I've heard it has something to do with the reflection on the water due to the size of the ship.

Here is a recent picture of Oasis where you can see the blue. We sailed twice on Allure and never noticed it. With all the talk about Quantum when we pulled in next to Oasis a few weeks ago in Cozumel took the picture.

%5BUNSET%5D

As mentioned before, I've heard it has something to do with the reflection on the water due to the size of the ship.

Very interesting thanks for the picture.

I posted this in another thread a while back but it's relative here. The blue has been confirmed to be the exact same shade as what was used on the Oasis and Allure.

The more efficient paint is only for the dark blue that is used on the lowest levels of the hull that are under the water. When they painted the Oasis blue they gave two reasons; reflection and size. The Oasis is a huge ship and the giant white wall that it would create looked too massive and top heavy so by differentiating the hull from the superstructure it reduced the top heavy appearance a bit. The other major reason give was the ugly appearance generated by the reflection of the water. This was something that Adam Goldstein made a big deal about and kept emphasizing the fact that these ships were designed to sail in the turquoise caribbean waters and not the grey seas we were seeing them in during construction in Finland. They claim to have spent an enormous amount of time determining the exact color tone to reflect the water best. This is really obvious on the Oasis as she does look completely different based on the waters she is in.

In Nassau:

DSC01173.JPG

A white ship in Nassau reflecting green/grey:

DSC01191.JPG

Later in the day when not receiving sunlight and reflecting it just looks dark blue:

DSC01226.JPG

A few feet further back it looks white:

DSC01225.JPG

It was designed to be dark blue, light blue, white, teal, turquoise, or who knows what else depending on it's surroundings.

DSC02980.JPG

The Quantum-class blue really is darker than the color on Oasis and Allure. I was lucky and met Richard Fain at Meyer Werft during the media event a few weeks ago. He said, they chose a darker blue because you couldn't hardly see that bright blue on Oasis and Allure due to the "Miami sun". So they wanted a stronger blue that everyone notices.

The Quantum-class blue really is darker than the color on Oasis and Allure. I was lucky and met Richard Fain at Meyer Werft during the media event a few weeks ago. He said, they chose a darker blue because you couldn't hardly see that bright blue on Oasis and Allure due to the "Miami sun". So they wanted a stronger blue that everyone notices.

Its good to know this. Thanks for sharing this bit of info.

• 7 months later...

Does anyone know if RCI intends to paint the hulls of any of their existing ships light blue to match Oasis-class and Quantum-class ships?

I figured that would have been done by now as different ships were drydocked since the launch of Oasis. Still, I'd love to see some photoshop renderings of older RCI ships in the newer livery.