Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

Terry, I'm not following closely the shangihans in Ohio. Is your man still up for the "big job" or has it passed? Jeff

Sorry, Jeff, but no big "shangihans in Ohio" that I know of. The weather here has been perfect and very nice. About 81F or 27C, sunny, clear, low humidity, etc., right now. Sitting on our screened porch enjoying a super pleasant evening.

Watching CNN cable networks as they have the first half of the big Presidential debates from the Ronald Reagan Presidential Center in California. At 8 pm ET tonight, we will have "main" debate with eleven candidates standing on the stage next to Reagan's Air Force One airplane. One of those top eleven candidates is Ohio's Governor. Yes, he is still in the "hunt" and doing well in New Hampshire, the first state to be voting. That first vote will not be until in February. Our Presidential elections have lots and lots of candidates and it takes a long time to play out. Unlike in many European countries, our election process gets rather drawn out as, almost now, a "reality" cable TV show.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 185,795 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Hello Mark ..... lovely piccies of the market. I love food. Can I prevail upon you to get a touch closer to the subject or get a bigger camera as my computer shows those piccies up as smaller than a postage stamp. :D

Thanks for the happy birthday M.

The fish arrived but they sadly only sent half my mussels order ie 1kg of mussels so I improvised with other stuff I ordered to make a decent meal hopefully. I know the table looks like a bit of a war zone but I grilled some whole plaice I marinaded in oil and lemon on the bbq, and did a lovely moules marinnier sauce which I served the overflow extras in a bowl fro drinkies and extra mural dippings. The dippings and drinkings were really good. With some grilled Pugliese durum flour loaf with a bottle of Bredon champers lubricated with other things whilst cooking. Everything banged on the table at the same time. It was a lovely meal.

This shows the full horror of the carnage and collateral damage.

Jeff

771FF988-1437-4E14-B82F-9AFEDA626C23.jpg

7331D3FE-FDD7-491E-8720-F9F3B9C33950.jpg

0FA79201-1AD1-4E75-8E94-9F41BC680F40.jpg

5BA717BE-12A9-487F-BD9D-4D7E0EB8B2B5.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Drools on the keyboard...

Luckily I don't have to cook tonight! The larder is still a little bare as we haven't yet made a proper shopping trip. Chris and I are meeting an old friend for dinner tonight. We just have to choose the place.

Hi JP ..... thanks .... and I am glad you seemed forgiving about the mess. I think one can tell when I meal has been enjoyed rather than presented well.

As you know I drink during meal preparation so if all the food finds it's way to the table all roughly on plates and all roughly at the same time with nothing left on the work surfaces uncooked or undelivered then to me that means a positive conclusion. That is why big plates are good. And I loved lunch with Number One wife today. She was happy and loved the food. She isn't bad considering how bleedin' ancient it turns out she it. :D

Thanks M ... any day that is with wifey and where no one asks me to do anything is a great day for me. :)

Jeff

Thanks for the happy birthday M. The fish arrived but they sadly only sent half my mussels order ie 1kg of mussels so I improvised with other stuff I ordered to make a decent meal hopefully. It was a lovely meal. This shows the full horror of the carnage and collateral damage. Jeff

Great, fun pictures from Jeff. Making me hungry!! Happy Birthday!! Getting ready for lunch soon. And to do a TV show about last night's Presidential debate.

If Venice is one of your future desires or past favorites, look at this earlier posting for many options and visual samples this city that is so great for "walking around", personally seeing its great history and architecture. This posting is now at 54,166 views.

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

I got out to play with the camera today. I started with a shot of our screened in back deck. It is on stilts and sits level with the family room. The lot slopes to the back so there is a grade difference between the front of the house and the back.

DSC00018_zpsm7qieorw.jpg

Then I ambled over to the park. This shot was taken with the auto HDR if I remember correctly.

DSC00025_zpsxyhy5pni.jpg

Then I tried shooting in Black and White.

DSC00026_zpsxvzm8ezr.jpg

So far this is easy. :)

I got out to play with the camera today. I started with a shot of our screened in back deck. It is on stilts and sits level with the family room. The lot slopes to the back so there is a grade difference between the front of the house and the back. So far this is easy. :)

Great!! Appreciate your fun sharing and posting. Keep 'em coming! We will keep sharing photo tips and secrets. The more you do . . . then it gets even more exciting.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 204,034 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Es my difficil ser vieja...

Being handicapped by not speaking Spanish, I had to Google this above phrase. Here's what this search engine said: "It is very difficult to be old". Is that your message?

All I know is that there is one probable alternative to being "old". BUT, that this one future option is not ideal, nor desired right now. I'm just working hard to delay and hold off that time event. Being a little slower in the body moves is better than the alternative.

Super loved Dubrovnik!!! See more details and lots of great visual samples/examples at this link. Have had over 29,956 views on this posting and appreciate those who have tuned-in and dropped by.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439227

Good Morning All,

Lovely to see all these Spanish utterings ... and some great piccies from M. Have you tried the "P" mode yet .... seems to be a useful mode ... I use it with apperture down half a stop or so.

On another thread there was some mentions of Dubrovnik so I thought I'd use that Terry-style as an excuse to post some night time piccies of D when I think it is at it's best. All the tourists have left and it is so atmosphereic. Particularly if it is raining. I took hundereds of night time piccies.

Dover sole today .... meuniere .... and some grilled Cornish sardines to start possibly. A bottle of Veueve. Today is our "official" birthday we have decided. We want to share one day rather than have two sperate ones in future. :)

Jeff

6C17B31B-C1F4-4AFF-A6B0-35BF32BCF9F0.jpg

15B25B64-C2B6-4A28-8026-3E160BCF9328.jpg

58B2209B-B01F-4EA2-9318-F2B0842142E4.jpg

No habla espanol, alors, meilleurs voeux a tous les deux pour votre anniversaire!

Mysty, I have no idea about all the camera stuff, but it certainly works well, lovely shots. And I also love the atmospheric shots of Dubrovnik from Jeff- it is nowadays really spoilt during the daytime with the thouands descending from large ships.

Lola

Being handicapped by not speaking Spanish, I had to Google this above phrase. Here's what this search engine said: "It is very difficult to be old". Is that your message?

All I know is that there is one probable alternative to being "old". BUT, that this one future option is not ideal, nor desired right now. I'm just working hard to delay and hold off that time event. Being a little slower in the body moves is better than the alternative.

Super loved Dubrovnik!!! See more details and lots of great visual samples/examples at this link. Have had over 29,956 views on this posting and appreciate those who have tuned-in and dropped by.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439227

That's about right. After I posted the farmer's market pics, the exchange went something like this:

S: A little small for my eyes

M: Sorry. I'm unable to change it.

S: It's hard being old.

Enjoy your birthday!

Ta muchly.

Dutifully enjoyed.

Trying to decide whether to grill the dover sole on the bbq grill or flour and fry. Either way meuniere will be added with capers for me and sans capers for wifey.

Floured and fried is the traditional approach but will add a touch of heaviness as it absorbs fats - but grilling is difficult to stop the flesh sticking to the grill and is more rustic and adds caremelisation and let's the fish "speak for itself". Decisions. Any votes on the topic of floured and fried in unfiltered olive oil and butter - or grilled on the lava bbq instead with meniere added either way welcomed. Sadfly I have to decide soon as wifey will be back from shopping raids.

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

No habla espanol, alors, meilleurs voeux a tous les deux pour votre anniversaire!

Mysty, I have no idea about all the camera stuff, but it certainly works well, lovely shots. And I also love the atmospheric shots of Dubrovnik from Jeff- it is nowadays really spoilt during the daytime with the thouands descending from large ships.

Lola

Thank you Lola! I am having fun playing with my new toy! Have a great weekend! :)

Your pictures of Dubrovnik are beautiful Jeff! I really wish we could have seen her beauty that way instead of with a kazillian, million people when we were there on our first cruise! The new lighting looks amazing! That will add some wonder to the Taverna! I can't speak to the question of how best to prepare your planned feast because I am a plebe in this area. Both options sound yummy to me. :) I haven't tried the "P" setting yet. So much to explore! And fun doing it!