Private Tours in Maui & Oahu

I'd rather be cruising

Aloha! We are looking for a private tour guide/driver for Oahu and Maui similar to Marylou's in Hilo and Kona. We have an idea of what we want to see but are concerned that renting a car and driving may be too stressful. We are a party of 4 for a girls get away cruise. I am not a fan of shore excursions from the ship that are big groups in large buses.

We are in port on both islands from 10am to 11pm.

Mahalo!

Aloha,

When my wife and I go out for dinner we use one of two options. Of course there's uber, but recently Teds Hawaii Limo has been our preferred option.

Full disclosure I have used both services and Ted has been a friend for many years. I was glad to see him start out on his own because he understands service.

Both Islands are beautiful and I hope your party has a great adventure here in the Islands.

BTW, that's for Oahu.

Aloha,

Will

Edited by Williwannago
Making it Oahu specific, sorry

Driving is easy in Hawaii, but the DRIVER must watch the road...not the sights!!!

LOL! This is so true! It's easy to be distracted when someone in your vehicle yells out "Look! A whale!" We pulled over countless times to check out something that caught our eye. Best part about renting a car - you can stop wherever and whenever! I can't recommend it enough.

I stayed in Oahu for a week pre-cruise and on one of the days I booked an island tour with Oahu Spot Tours based on the fantastic reviews they had on TripAdvisor, and I really enjoyed Ron. He felt like a friend and was knowledgeable, friendly and accommodating on trying to include everything you want to see.

You might want to be aware of which port you're going to on Maui (so you can let whatever company you're booking with, pick you up at the right place). At least all of the cruise ships dock at the same port on Oahu -- Honolulu. But even then, you should double check which terminal 2 or 11 you're ending at in Honolulu.

• 7 months later...

PRIVATE TOURS HAWAII: ADAM WHITE

We went on an 8 hour private Circle Island Tour of Oahu (6 passengers) leaving from the Ruby Princess Cruise Pier in Honolulu. The tour was with Adam White of Private Tours Hawaii. Adam was a terrific guide, driving us around Oahu all day to see the sights. Our day included the following:

Leonards Bakery (Breakfast)

Diamond Head Lookout

Hanauma Bay

Halona Blowhole

Sandy Beach and Makapu'u Point

Chinaman's Hat

Kualoa Ranch

Kahuku Shrimp Farm (Lunch)

North Shore beaches: Sunset Beach, Banzai Pipeline, Waimea Bay

Laniakea Beach (Turtle basking beach)

Haleiwa Town (Famous surfing town/shopping/Hawaiian shave ice)

We made many stops for photos throughout the day. It was a great tour with a wonderful guide who made us feel right at home in his van. We chose to tour in the 14 passenger van, rather than the smaller one, and we were all very comfortable all day. We highly recommend Adam White of Private Tours Hawaii and will definitely book with him again when we are in Oahu!

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the responses. We aren't cruising until Jan. 2016 so any feedback from your tours when you get back would be greatly appreciated. This may be my one and only trip to Hawaii so I want to do it right. :)

Let us know what you come up with as we too are cruising in January 2016 on the Princess Grand. I am interest in the private tours, not the big buses. Vans or SUVs

PRIVATE TOURS HAWAII: ADAM WHITE

We went on an 8 hour private Circle Island Tour of Oahu (6 passengers) leaving from the Ruby Princess Cruise Pier in Honolulu. The tour was with Adam White of Private Tours Hawaii. Adam was a terrific guide, driving us around Oahu all day to see the sights. Our day included the following:

Leonards Bakery (Breakfast)

Diamond Head Lookout

Hanauma Bay

Halona Blowhole

Sandy Beach and Makapu'u Point

Chinaman's Hat

Kualoa Ranch

Kahuku Shrimp Farm (Lunch)

North Shore beaches: Sunset Beach, Banzai Pipeline, Waimea Bay

Laniakea Beach (Turtle basking beach)

Haleiwa Town (Famous surfing town/shopping/Hawaiian shave ice)

We made many stops for photos throughout the day. It was a great tour with a wonderful guide who made us feel right at home in his van. We chose to tour in the 14 passenger van, rather than the smaller one, and we were all very comfortable all day. We highly recommend Adam White of Private Tours Hawaii and will definitely book with him again when we are in Oahu!

This sounds good. Can you post contact info and prices? Thanks!

Hello! We used Maui Touring Company (themauitouringcompany.com) in Maui. We had Butch as our guide. Our party of 4 used the company for 2 different days of touring and airport transport. We had the Escalade one day and the Suburban the next. Both were very comfortable and elegant. Butch was very knowledgable and friendly. We did the entire road to Hana one day and other sites (Needle, Paia, and Winery) the other day. We didn't make it up Haleakala due to weather. Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!! Would use them again in a heartbeat. I will be doing a review soon to post on this board. 8500 pictures to go through... [emoji1]

We used Jays Limos and Tours for Oahu for pick up at the port and island tour and they were not good. Limo was old and beat up and the guide was obnoxious! Plus, there was a mixup at the port and they could not come in. Nightmare!!

Have a great trip! I seriously hope to go back again one day - SOON!!! [emoji1][emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Aloha,

When my wife and I go out for dinner we use one of two options. Of course there's uber, but recently Teds Hawaii Limo has been our preferred option.

Full disclosure I have used both services and Ted has been a friend for many years. I was glad to see him start out on his own because he understands service.

Both Islands are beautiful and I hope your party has a great adventure here in the Islands.

BTW, that's for Oahu.

Aloha,

Will

Thanks so much for the recommendation. Ted did an awesome job taking us around his island. Possibly the best tour we have ever been on. I would recommend him highly.

• 2 weeks later...
Google is your friend: http://www.privatetourshawaii.com/ :)

Awesome time! We did a 6 hour tour with Greg as our driver. Would highly recommend!

On Maui, we called Steven Blue and he showed 4 of us around the island. Again, highly satisfied.

At both Hilo and Kona, Kyle from Mary Lou's Big Island tours showed us a great time. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of these folk. [emoji267][emoji267][emoji267]

PhilNDebbieAtSea,

Can you give us some prices for Maui Touring Company? I am looking into Haleakala Sunrise one day and Road to Hana another day.

Sorry!! Just saw this... It was $259 per person for the Road to Hana tour. The other tour was $99 an hour (not per person). Maui touring company dot com, I believe is the website.

• 9 months later...

On Maui, we called Steven Blue and he showed 4 of us around the island. Again, highly satisfied.

[emoji267][emoji267][emoji267]

Hi, Relic! How did you find Steven Blue? We're looking for a private tour in Maui and I haven't found his site. Also, did you do a whale watching boat tour? If so, who do you recommend! Thanks!

We googled cabs and found Steven. However, I kept his card...if I can find it, I'll post his contact info in a day or two.

As for whale watching, I booked an NCL snorkeling and whale watching. We went to Molokini crater to snorkel then saw many whales as we returned. The pilot would stop while we oohed and aahed and took photos. I seem to remember rum punch as part of this tour, but can't swear to it. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, Relic! How did you find Steven Blue? We're looking for a private tour in Maui and I haven't found his site. Also, did you do a whale watching boat tour? If so, who do you recommend! Thanks!

Sorry for the delay in answering. The contact info is: email stevenblue@me.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk