Is the Yacht Club Difficult to Book?

ashleyriley

I was doing some research on possible dates to book a Yacht Club suite. Seems like the availability is very limited. I was looking at about 6-8 months out so it's not a last minute situation. Is the Yacht Club category smaller than say the Haven on NCL and there's just not that many suites to book? I would also appreciate if anyone wants to weigh in on the pros and cons of YC vs Haven. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Please seek out the new thread which is the comparison of the NCL Haven and the MSC YC.

I had procrastinated my booking the MSC yacht club and I also found that many of the cruise dates were sold out in the yacht club. This is not a bad thing and I will tell you why.

In my opinion, NCL had jacked the prices way up on the Haven and then they initiated their new bidding system. For someone like me who books suites only that left a bad taste in my mouth that I was paying double next to my neighbors. NCL

is like Priceline. No thanks.

I like that the yacht club is more reasonably priced therefore it does sell out quicker.

Keep checking, I did, and I found a sailing that worked for me.

I hope MSC keeps this model going and from what I hear I'll be very happy in the yacht club and will book again in the future. My status match from platinum on NCL to black on MSC was an added bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was doing some research on possible dates to book a Yacht Club suite. Seems like the availability is very limited. I was looking at about 6-8 months out so it's not a last minute situation. Is the Yacht Club category smaller than say the Haven on NCL and there's just not that many suites to book? I would also appreciate if anyone wants to weigh in on the pros and cons of YC vs Haven. Thanks!

YC goes very fast and YC is much cheaper $$ and better service and nicer.

For yacht club, 6-8 months out is relatively last minute, because it may well be the best value at sea.

I was looking in March 2019 (Spring break for us Canadians) and the YC was sold out probably a few months ago. I was booking YC in Aug 2019 when I asked if the TA could look at Dec 2018 and March 2019 again for me.

Dec was sold out but Mar had 1 YC room left for 4. Problem is I needed 2 YC cabins for 4 -- she did some rearranging and found 2, even though the internet said there were none available. On top of that, it was a 5+15% off sailing, with free internet, $150 OBC plus another $50....

Long story short -- doesn't hurt to call. Also ask if any of the sailing have additional discounts added to them.

YC suites sometimes do pop up closer to sailing time. Even before final payment time.

;p Just keep looking!

That's how I ended up in a Royal Suite on Divina. Just kept checking and one day around final payment time I saw it was available. Never dialed a phone so fast in my life.

We've been cruising MSC for the past 5 years or so, and before our first cruise aboard MSC Divina some years ago, you could book a YC suite a month before departure. But now that the word is spreading about the value that a YC cruise brings to the table, it is very hard to get a YC suite within 6 months of departure. I scored the Royal Suite aboard MSC Seaside for a June 2019 voyage in November 2017! There are only two RSs on Seaside and they all sold out for every voyage on the calendar probably within a few hours of release. There are always cancellations, so I'd recommend that you just keep checking - or find a good TA you can use to do the research for you.

Just kept checking and one day around final payment time I saw it was available. Never dialed a phone so fast in my life.

I had the same experience with my booking of MSC Seaview Western Med cruise in September 2018. Booked a Aurea whirlpool suite in February, changed to Aurea cabin in different location in April and changed to Aurea Grand Suite in May. I literally checked the availability of YC suites 3 to 4 time a day ("borderline OCD"...) and finally on a Sunday night at 11:45pm two YC cabins showed up. This night I slept for less than 4 hours because I was afraid that guests from Europe (6 hours time difference) can book the suites since MSC USA opens at 9:00am. I was on the phone at 8:59 to be the first in line , and I was ! Changed from Aurea to Yacht Club and got the desired suite. I have to admit it was kind of crazy and my DW always rolled her eyes. I am sure it was worth and now I can lean back and looking forward to cruise in September in YC. :D