Be aware Future Cruise Certificate saga.

WE had an issue with the toilet system leaking on the V.O.S. It was dealt with quickly. But it did mean that we could not use the cabin during the 3 days while the driers were in use.

We did not ask for, but were offered a 25% Future cruise certificate, we gratefully accepted.

We booked a cruise and used the certificate and the amount $456 was deducted from the total, very pleased.

However, we decided to transfer this booking onto another cruise, using the same booking number. Unfortunately the amount of the certificate did not transfer across to the new booking. We wrote to Royal asking them if they could address the issue, no chance, the reply was due to the sailing date change, the certificate becomes no longer valid. So thanks Royal for managing to adding insult to injury.

Wow, that’s really upsetting!!! I’m so sorry...

I know there’s an email address of upper management that I’ve seen people on these boards reference. Hopefully someone replies to this thread with that info to help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

FCC I am finding out are incredibly limited in utility. Feel free to see my other thread regarding my frustration with the FCC.

I think people need to made more aware of the IMMENSE limitations in FCC usage. This is not some type of gift card. It's an extremely limited use credit.

I totally understand that there are terms and conditions, but I feel that the travel agents and Next Cruise agents are incredibly unhelpful in emphasizing the VAST limitations of the FCC.

Most FCC’s have to be used within 1 year. Did the cruise that you transferred to fall outside of this period or was it denied due to the transfer alone.

No it was within the terms,we are told it was denied due to the sailing date change (transfer)

Did you ask if the FCC would transfer before transferring to the new cruise ?

No, did not think there would be an issue. If it had been mentioned, when we were speaking to the agent, we could have made an informed decision.

If the cruise that you transferred or want to transfer your FCC is still within the year time frame I would try again.

We have written back to Royal, but hold little hope, given the tone of the reply to our request to credit the FCC to the new cruise.

We have written back to Royal, but hold little hope, given the tone of the reply to our request to credit the FCC to the new cruise.
Also try Royal's Facebook page. I find they answer pretty quickly.....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Royals guest relations lately are awful. They were totally useless in letting me apply my FCC to a cruise I cancelled and moved 5 weeks back, instead of being out $400 for a change I am out $700, as they will not let me use my FCC on the cruise I rebooked because it was kids sale free, even though the cruise I cancelled had a KSF offer as well. Very frustrating.

Send an email about it to the president-ceo of RCCL Michael Bayley. We had a problem on one of our cruises and sent an email about it to him figuring it would go unheard but with-in a few days got a call from the main office to inquire abou the problem and it was correct quickly. So maybe try that.

WE had an issue with the toilet system leaking on the V.O.S. It was dealt with quickly. But it did mean that we could not use the cabin during the 3 days while the driers were in use.

We did not ask for, but were offered a 25% Future cruise certificate, we gratefully accepted.

We booked a cruise and used the certificate and the amount $456 was deducted from the total, very pleased.

However, we decided to transfer this booking onto another cruise, using the same booking number. Unfortunately the amount of the certificate did not transfer across to the new booking. We wrote to Royal asking them if they could address the issue, no chance, the reply was due to the sailing date change, the certificate becomes no longer valid. So thanks Royal for managing to adding insult to injury.

Did you ASK if the cert. would xfer or be good on the new booking?

If you didn't ... how is this the CL fault?

I don't understand all the switching & shuffling & changing from one cruise to another and to another. These are cruises and cruise companies, it's not walmart taking a pair of pants back.

Did you ASK if the cert. would xfer or be good on the new booking?

If you didn't ... how is this the CL fault?

I don't understand all the switching & shuffling & changing from one cruise to another and to another. These are cruises and cruise companies, it's not walmart taking a pair of pants back.

Yes of course you are right. We did not ask because we did not think it was an issue. It was using the same booking number we expected the detail to come across to the new cruise.

We were wrong to assume that.

As far as your comment about switching cruises, It is called free will as far as spending our own money.

I had future cruise certificates from a disastrous cruise due to Explorer norovirus. I called RCL and applied the certificates to a reservation. The credit appeared and my amount due was decreased. The next day the credit disappeared. I called RCL again and went through the process again and the second time it stayed. They hate to have these actually used.

Yes of course you are right. We did not ask because we did not think it was an issue. It was using the same booking number we expected the detail to come across to the new cruise.

We were wrong to assume that.

As far as your comment about switching cruises, It is called free will as far as spending our own money.

I think it's called Terms & Conditions and Policies of Cruise Lines to put an end or at least reduce this trend. It seems pretty clear that CL have lost patience with tolerating this trend.

The FCC we had clearly said you have to sail within a specified date. That's "sail" not book, but "sail". I'm not sure when you changed the booking they would have even known you were using a FCC.

I agree using FCC's are a pain. When we went to book RCCL couldn't find our certificate numbers. Our TA spent several hours on the phone getting the FCC credit applied. Ask, "why use a TA?", well that's why.

I think it's called Terms & Conditions and Policies of Cruise Lines to put an end or at least reduce this trend. It seems pretty clear that CL have lost patience with tolerating this trend.

You seem to be correct, but they are in danger of becoming too inflexible and making to hard to deal with them.

No, did not think there would be an issue. If it had been mentioned, when we were speaking to the agent, we could have made an informed decision.

Just an FYI ...it's been said on CC many times, agents (ANY CL) on the phone are sorely uninformed. You ask a question to one ... call back 15 minutes later ... ask SAME question to another agent and get a COMPLETELY different answer.

If the FCC is issued to compensate for a problem with your cruise it should not expire. That is good customer service. You were out of the cabin you paid for 3 days, they offered compensation for affecting your vacation. That kind of FCC should not expire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk