Inside cabin on Celebrity Reflection

Seachange12

Has anyone sailed on an inside cabin? Comments as don't intend to spend much time in the room.

I had an inside on deck 3........great location, quiet and nice cabin. I would stay here again if looking for an inside.

Dw and I were on the Feb. 19th. sailing on the Reflection inside cabin 1047 perfect location good size liked it so much have it booked for next Feb. as well. We prefer and inside because it is great for sleeping and makes you want to get out and enjoy the ship that much more. The bonus is that you can save quite a bit of money as well! We had an Aqua class balcony on the Reflection in 2017 and was no better than this years inside so I wouldn't hesitate to book an inside cabin.

• 3 weeks later...

We sail in an inside from time to time ... don't mind it too much. It's better to be in an inside cabin on a cruise than not going at all. We usually settle on an oceanview as my DH feels like he has to have some natural light. But, a couple of our best cruises have been in inside cabins.

Seachange12

Yes, Reflection will be in Naples on May 6.

Don't hesitate to book an inside cabin. More than half our cruises are inside cabins. Agree that the 3rd floor is an excellent location.

Bonus: Of note, we found the inside cabins really easy to sleep in. Since there is no window, the room stays dark --- making it really easy to sleep late or take a nap any time of day. Our kids tuned the TV to the ship's "front of the ship" cam at night. The channel is pitch black of course at night, but will slowly light the room as the sun rises. You can see if you're at sea or in port with a quick glance.

We went on a cabin crawl on Celebrity Silhouette(S-class sister ship of Reflection) organized by a Roll call for a cruise. What we learned was the size of the inside/oceanview/balcony are the same - only difference is having big picture window or balcony.

Also typically the Reflection docks in Naples.

Cool things to do in the area - book a private tour to Pompeii or Herculaneum.

-book a private tour to Amalfi Coast.

-consider using your roll call to arrange private tour with others on your same cruise.

We did a transatlantic in an inside , we only used it to get changed and sleep in . It was a great size . I would now book it again and use the money saved to do other things . We watched ,from the sky lounge ,sailing into New York as we had just finished a quiz. Didn't have time to watch the other ports as we were getting ready to get off or having breakfast so wouldn't have used a balcony then even if we had one . I would book it and give it a try , you won't know until you try it if it's for you. It's just like a hotel room with the curtains closed lol.

Been there; done that. Through with inside cabins. First thing I do every morning after rising is open the window/balcony door and look out at the sea and (hopefully) sunshine. I also am paranoid about being stuck in the cabin if I come down with something. Can you imagine getting noro and being quarantined in an inside cabin for 3 days??? Can you imagine being the spouse of someone with noro and being quarantined with them inside for 3 days (or 2 days or whatever it is)??? Or for that matter just not feeling well and stuck in that little box for a couple days???

I understand the cost savings (reason I tried it before) and I understand the 'I won't be in the cabin alot', but the other things override it for me. To each their own.

I’ve sailed in balconies and inside cabins and both have their pros and cons. We will take a balcony for a reasonable upgrade fee but are perfectly happy in an inside. Insides are great for people that like to sleep in or day nap. No sunlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has anyone sailed on an inside cabin? Comments as don't intend to spend much time in the room.

In terms of choosing a particular cabin, this recent thread is useful and posts from someone who knows a bit of detail. Commentary is on Silhouette, but relevant to Reflection too:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2607276

Phil