Cruise for Golden Wedding?

Fuertelover

We have had three cruises in the past, our most recent one being on Seabourn three years ago, which we really enjoyed & would like do one on a similar level.

Our anniversary isn't until June 2019, so plenty of time to make a decision.

We would like it to be a seven or eight day cruise in the Mediterranean, ona small ship up to 1k passengers with excellent food.

There are so many to choose from, so need a little help!:confused:

We have had three cruises in the past, our most recent one being on Seabourn three years ago, which we really enjoyed & would like do one on a similar level.

We would like it to be a seven or eight day cruise in the Mediterranean, ona small ship up to 1k passengers with excellent food.

Windstar Wind Surf is outstanding. They have elevators and a max capacity of around 300 people. The food was wonderful as were our fellow cruisers. Average age was probably mid-60's with some well into their 70's and a handful of 30-somethings.

We plan on celebrating our 25th on her in 2019--although in the Baltic rather than the Med.

Edited by ducklite

small ships:680 or 1250.

Incredible food.

Venice to Barcelona...amazing introduction or repeat visit to the Med! Fourteen days though.

We are doing Lisbon to Rome (10 days )in May.

Baltic on Oceania is great too, but I doubt there are 7-8 day cruises there.

Edited by tropicalkerry2002

Why are you choosing the Baltic rather than Med? Hadn't really thought about Baltic, were thinking more about Italy or Greek islands, but will give it some thought!

We've been to the Med. :) We did a back-to-back on the Surf in 2012. Flew into Rome and spent a few days there before traveling to Civitavecchia to board the ship. We cruised from there up to Venice and then from Venice to Athens. We spent a couple of days there before flying home. It was a fantastic trip!

St. Petersburg and Tallin are bucket list cities for us, so the Baltic cruise makes sense. We're hoping to fly via Iceland Air with a few days stop in Iceland on the way over to ease into the time zone change. :)

Additionally, due to my work schedule, traveling in late June through early August is easy to get a full two weeks and a day or two if needed. It's so hot in the Med during that time frame that we would rather be in Northern Europe then. Hope that helps!

Saga's new ship is due in 2019, but I don't know if it will be in time for you. They offer free transport to the dock, within a certain range (I think it's 200 miles), and free travel insurance.

The company has listened to cruisers, so the ship will have a walk round promenade, lots of single cabins, launderettes etc.

We've not been with Saga yet, but the new ship sounds tempting.

Richard Branson's ships are starting building in Italy, too, but I've no idea what they're like! :cool:

Edited by jocap
old age....

I think June 2019 is a long time away. You may need a cruise between now and then just to make sure that cruising is what you want to do for your special anniversary.;):)

If your budget can stretch to a premium or luxury line I would look at those

Usually smaller ships & more mature well travelled passengers

Maybe stretch to a 10 day cruise if you can

How many time will you celebrated a Golden Anniversary :D

splash out & Enjoy

You may want to look into Viking Ocean- a little larger, but they seem to have a lot of amenities.

Maybe you missed that their last cruises were on Seabourn, and they wish to be on something similar for their 50th. Viking Ocean would not even be on my radar given those parameters. It is a big ship, it is (arguably) premium, definitely not luxury.

Above that, given their policies of collecting payment in full a year or more in advance and their proven difficulties in handling any sort of irregular operations, why anyone would book with them is completely beyond me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by ducklite

When we did our Mediterranean cruise we asked all the experienced cruisers we met their favorite cruise and they all said the Baltic! Our 35th anniversary will be in 2019 but we might do our cruise before then. We haven't traveled since our 30th- the Panama Canal cruise.

Be sure to keep us posted.

Do they have an elevator? Might be a valid question to some, but the ship looks lovely!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it is going to take a little while going through all suggestions.

We will look more closely at Crystal Cruises ( difficulty in finding prices) & have sent for brochures, will look at Windstar & Seadream, as been recommended by others as well, but will also still consider Seabourn, as I have never been to Venice, my husband used to visit with work!

Lovely to hear what everybody thinks & thank you so much.