Did Royal Princess get Princess Luxury Beds During September 2016 Drydock?

bamelin

Feb 2018 per Princess site. So answer is: No.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Not saying you are wrong, but the Cruise Critics review says it's been done

Editor's Note: During a September 2016 drydock, Royal Princess became the first ship in the fleet to receive the line's new livery design. Other upgrades, mostly routine, included the addition of a midship staircase and new Princess Luxury Beds, developed by board certified sleep expert Dr. Michael Breus and HGTV Designer Candice Olson, to all cabins..

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=400

Um

So is that a "yes she did" or "no she didn't". :o

Not saying you are wrong, but the Cruise Critics review says it's been done

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=400

Huh?

I don't see it in the review you quoted. Is it further down the list?

Did the reviewer say where they received that info?

I still say probably not. There is no way to know. One person's cabin has a new mattress does not mean the entire ship got new mattresses. Since the website says Feb 18 I would go with that.

Like I said it's an ongoing process and always has been. Hence the dates noted on the Princess website.

Think logistics, 18 ships X an average of 2500 plus berths per ship.

Huh?

I don't see it in the review you quoted. Is it further down the list?

Did the reviewer say where they received that info?

I still say probably not. There is no way to know. One person's cabin has a new mattress does not mean the entire ship got new mattresses. Since the website says Feb 18 I would go with that.

Like I said it's an ongoing process and always has been. Hence the dates noted on the Princess website.

Think logistics, 18 ships X an average of 2500 plus berths per ship.

It's at the top of the CC review & the author is By Cruise Critic Staff.

Because it is an editor's note as an update to a previous review it is possible they made a mistake on the mattresses as they did not take a recent cruise. I'll be on it April 19 and will see. I also wonder if any recent member reviews mention it.

I'm on the April 19th sailing too in an inside cabin so I can report back as well once on board. I've heard that the new beds are also being staggered by room category (suites get them first).

Ok found it. Thanks Frank....

As Dickinson says maybe a mistake and an assumption by CC staff/writer.

Hopefully some factual reports from cruisers will tell.

No problem Keith although some factual reports could be a result of something other than a Luxury Bed. ;)

The Royal came with an earlier version of a pillowtop mattress in every cabin. I found those mattresses on the Royal & Regal to be an improvement & hopefully the new Luxury Beds will be even better. :)

I'm hoping that the Cruise Critic review is accurate & we'll have a Luxury Bed this Fall on the Royal Princess. :D

No problem Keith although some factual reports could be a result of something other than a Luxury Bed. ;)

The Royal came with an earlier version of a pillowtop mattress in every cabin. I found those mattresses on the Royal & Regal to be an improvement & hopefully the new Luxury Beds will be even better. :)

I'm hoping that the Cruise Critic review is accurate & we'll have a Luxury Bed this Fall on the Royal Princess. :D

I know it's really hard to tell what's in every cabin. :confused:

I just got off the Royal on February 18. The beds are the same as they have been. I think the mattresses on the Royal and the Regal have always been better quality than the rest of the fleet. They have the extra pillow top and are more comfortable so maybe they will be replaced last. I think when Princess uses the term ?luxury beds? they mean both mattress and bedding. The beds on the Royal do not have the new sheets that were described as part of the luxury beds. They still have the duvets with pillow case type covers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My understanding was that the new beds were in the Club Class minis to start with. That is what the Princess sight indicates. Club class just started 4-5 weeks ago on the Royal. Maybe this isn't so????? Maybe someone who recently sailed in a club class cabin on the Royal can chime in.

Janet

My understanding was that the new beds were in the Club Class minis to start with. That is what the Princess sight indicates. Club class just started 4-5 weeks ago on the Royal. Maybe this isn't so????? Maybe someone who recently sailed in a club class cabin on the Royal can chime in.

Janet

Yep. I was just finding this information on Princess's site on Club Class.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/staterooms/club-class/

While the Editor's note on the CC review isn't incorrect, the Princess Luxury Beds were only for Club Class mini-suites and full suites. Club Class has been rolled out on Royal, Regal, Ruby, Emerald, Island, Sapphire, Island, Grand & Coral.

If you go to the Princess Luxury Bed page it's mentioned all the way down on that page in fine prints.

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/princess-luxury-bed/

Edited by Selion
add'l info

The editors note says the luxury beds have been installed in "all" cabins. It's not a big deal either way, I was just curious if I had gotten lucky and the date had been moved up.

Sounds like it's an error based on reports from folks in this thread.

The editors note says the luxury beds have been installed in "all" cabins. It's not a big deal either way, I was just curious if I had gotten lucky and the date had been moved up.

Sounds like it's an error based on reports from folks in this thread.

It does appear to be an error & the luxury beds are only in Club Class & suites until next year.

For me the existing original pillowtop mattresses in every cabin on the Royal & Regal are better than the older version on other ships that haven't been upgraded to the luxury beds.

It does appear to be an error & the luxury beds are only in Club Class & suites until next year.

For me the existing original pillowtop mattresses in every cabin on the Royal & Regal are better than the older version on other ships that haven't been upgraded to the luxury beds.

That's good news I'm looking forward to trying it out! :)

My first cruise on Explorer of the Seas almost 10 years ago, the bed was a rock. My princess cruise in 2011 on Star Princess, a little more comfy but still rock like. Believe it or not but my Carnival cruise on Carnival Magic in 2013 had an amazing bed.

I disliked almost everything else about that ship ... the overcrowding was unbearable. But the cabin was huge, great linens and the bed amazing. We lived on our balcony lol

• 1 year later...

*The Princess Luxury Bed is now available on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess, Coral Princess, Sun Princess, Grand Princess, Caribbean Princess, Majestic Princess, Pacific Princess, Golden Princess, Sea Princess, Star Princess, Island Princess, Sapphire Princess, Crown Princess and Diamond Princess. And will debut on Royal Princess & Regal Princess in 2019. Please note this schedule is subject to change.

Full Suite and Club Class guests receive priority rollout of The Princess Luxury Bed. See Club Class schedule for details.