It's been a while, remind me please

mrsd2fan

Some ships do not have hairdryers in the room, but ask the steward and he will bring one. As for the ironing stations, be sure to get it ironed EARLY on the cruise. If you wait for formal night (or that day), you will wait in line!

Some ships do not have hairdryers in the room, but ask the steward and he will bring one. As for the ironing stations, be sure to get it ironed EARLY on the cruise. If you wait for formal night (or that day), you will wait in line!

While I maybe wrong, I cannot remember a ship that did not have a hair dryer in the room.... Agree on the iron station comment.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

While I maybe wrong, I cannot remember a ship that did not have a hair dryer in the room.... Agree on the iron station comment.

Carnival Fascination DOES NOT have hairdryers. We are taking it in 3 weeks and I have read the posts. I think most other Fantasy-class do as I haven't had a cruise where there wasn't one, but I haven't been on Fascination.

Carnival Fascination DOES NOT have hairdryers. We are taking it in 3 weeks and I have read the posts. I think most other Fantasy-class do as I haven't had a cruise where there wasn't one, but I haven't been on Fascination.

Neither have I. Don't doubt you, just find it strange that they do not. I have been on older (gone now) ships that had them, hence my comment.

This is where Cotton would pipe up. NO irons. The hair dryers have a button that has to be held down while using it and they aren't very good especially if you have long hair.

Some uses rubber band to hold down the button. They say it is less of a hassle.

Some tips to use in lieu of an iron:

Pack clothes straight from the dryer and roll them

hang up clothes as soon as you arrive

Never underestimate power of a steamy shower!

Bring a bottle of anti-wrinkle spray

Agree that the blow dryer is not very good, but have had one in every cruise ship room we've sailed in. Usually in the vanity drawer & cannot be unplugged to move it.

Agree that "downey wrinkle release" or other brand is a great thing to add to your packing list.

Plastic dry cleaner bags in between clothes prevents wrinkles.

This is absolutely 100% correct! I have done this for many years and it works. I put all of my shirts and dress pants in bags and then roll them up.

Good luck!

This is absolutely 100% correct! I have done this for many years and it works. I put all of my shirts and dress pants in bags and then roll them up.

Good luck!

I know it's amazing how well this does work. Think I read a post on cc for this helpful tip. The first time I went to my dry cleaners and asked to purchase additional bags they just laughed at the request. I told them well there must be a reason you use them lol [emoji23]. Haven't tried rolling the garments in them might have to try that next trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums