NCL upgrade fairy sent me an offer

Derbie

This is the first time I ever received an offer from any line for an upgrade opportunity Here is what they offered: Mini suite from $25 pp/forward or aft facing suite with balcony from $400 pp or owner's suite from $750 pp. Good deal? I may consider the mini suite, as it seems like a nicety for the price. This is on the Sun.

Thanks for all input in advance.

This is the first time I ever received an offer from any line for an upgrade opportunity Here is what they offered: Mini suite from $25 pp/forward or aft facing suite with balcony from $400 pp or owner's suite from $750 pp. Good deal? I may consider the mini suite, as it seems like a nicety for the price. This is on the Sun.

Enjoy! [emoji568]

Thanks, I should have been more clear on the offer. I have a balcony room booked. These rates are in addition to what I have already paid. I hope this helps. I need to contact them in the near futre.

Is $25.00 offer a minimum bid to upgrade from Balcony to Mini-suite ? If so your actual cost may be higher. Also if this offer is through the bid process then your new cabin location may not be in the best location. All things to consider if you really like your current cabin location.

As this is the Sun and you have a balcony already booked, I would not bid for up grade as the Mini suite is not that much larger and it only adds a bath tub with a little larger bathroom. Along with you do not have choice of room location. I was on the Sun to Cuba2wks ago and had a large picture window on the 5th deck and was glad I save the money. The time spent in your room is not worth the up grade on a 3 or 4 day cruise. Just my opinion. Enjoy you cruise.

The aft facing suites are incredible and worth every penny. H*U*G*E wonderful balcony. Separate bedroom with sliding doors in living room and bedroom. Awesome bathroom.

My fave ship. My fave suite. Ok, ties wit Epic DOS. But 25 nights in 9076 on the Sun are great memories!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're on the 3-day July 13 Sun sailing and got a similar email. But ours was for $25 pp for a mini-suite and $300 pp for an aft-facing balcony. I decided not to upgrade because we like our current balcony cabin location and the mini-suite doesn't seem much different except for the larger bathroom. And I definitely wouldn't pay $600 more for a 3-day cruise! :-)

We love the aft suites on the Sun, we book deck 9 because there are cabins above and below, you might end up with deck 10 which I think puts the garden cafe above your cabin, might hear alot of chairs being moved around morning and night, if you get deck 8 the theater is below, not sure if there is noise from that other than when there is a show. The Sun is our favorite ship, the forward facing suites make you feel like you are on a private yacht when you are on the balcony, we really enjoyed that but the aft is our favorite. Have a great time!

I would jump all over the Mini Suite. The MS on the SUN are like no other. They are huge!

Just to make it clear - it is a starting, minimum BID offer of $25 per person x 2 to take a chance under the Upgrade Advantage program offer, not a FINAL price.

Whether it's a for 3 or 4 days or 7 days, destination Cuba or elsewhere - that's additional/extra information.

Going from a "regular" balcony to a GTY mini-suite, to be assigned by NCL, with no choice of deck & stateroom - you aren't really getting much, except for marginal interior space (and, bathroom ... those familiar with the Sun, can answer this better)

There are no "suite" benefits nor do you get anything else extra, you keep your perks & promotions as is now.

It's NOT the same upgrade fairy that old-timers knew well from years ago. Rules of the games had been changed for a while.

And, if your travel insurance is with NCL (assuming that you do) - your premium due might be adjusted upward & changed.

Mini suites on the Sun have a combination dressing room , closet with bath with tub.....they are amazing. The aft and forward minisuites have huge balconys. The balcony showers on the Sun are fine but small with the round shower curtain that likes to get friendly ....so on the Sun there’s a reason to try for a mini suite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Its not the upgrade fairy anymore-almost everyone gets the chance to bid now. I would check the cost of the room you want straight out upgrading and see if its worth a bid that you might not win.

Thanks for the information. I have sailed numerous times with NCL, but never been sent this offer. I think I will think hard and long on this.