Thalassotherapy Pool on the Edge?

vtcruising

I am right with you. I don't see a space big enough for it and all those rooms. I think the reveal on Monday is going to stick to entertainment but we shall see! All I have to say is that for $200 a person for 7 days, there better be thalassotherapy pool!

No she hasn’t called back. I wonder if it is real - if it is, maybe they will announce it in the reveal Monday or at a later reveal (and she couldn’t say more until that time). She promised to call and leave a message, if I didn’t answer. Maybe she will have some news one way or another on Monday. I am not totally convinced this is real, but hope it is!!

Very disappointing so far..

I called and left messages with the Cruise planner who had contacted me, as well as the Concierge. NO CALL BACK so far..I doubt they can be so busy!

Spoke to a Cap Club Rep..she was aware of the thermal suite booking issues ...and was told it's an IT issue... She said she,'d look into it some more and get back to me.. had no idea about a T pool..

If you have a shore side suite concierge...maybe they can help.

I was going to skip the spa treatments for me on the ABC cruise and use the money for the thermal suite pass for 2....if we can get it!

My December 9th cruise also list this Thalassotherapy Pool option for 7 day passes. :)

If Aqua class is included, we would probably spend more time at the spa. We rarely take advantage of the AQ options in the spa. Mostly because we forget, or get them mixed up with the Elite perk of using only being able to use on port days.

Aq class has unlimited acess to Thermal suite for duration of the cruise..

If the T pool is part of TS for no extra charge it should be included for AQ guests

Since the 7 day pass offered for sale seems to include the T pool then no ned to buy a pass if you are in AQ..

My issue is for my non AQ cruise..no button to click for 9 day pass.,..and no reply from Cap Club Cruise Planner or Concierge.,,

On Mercury, you had to pay...free use on day of your spa appt.

I did learn that my cruise planner is away til Mon...so hope to hear back.

Will check online to see if the 9 day pass option.was added.

We can always go just one port day with our E + perk, if still a perk

I just checked my reservation and I have an aqua class room, however when I look under Relaxation Area, I can purchase a Thermal Suite And Thalassotherapy Pool 7-Day Pass for $219 or 399 per couple.

Why do I have this option if this is complimentary to aqua class passengers?

Ok, for some reason I have the option for 14 days too so maybe it is a glitch. I hope so because I am really looking forward to having access to the thermal suites.

Sorry more questions. These are 2 of the benefits: what is the difference between these 2?

- Unlimited access to Persian Garden spa lounge

- Complimentary access to Persian Garden & Relaxation Room

Edited by Sandy1975

I'd contact who you booked with...TA, Cruise Planner or Cap Club if you are elig.They probably won't have an immed answer but the more calls they get, the quicker it may be clarified.

AQ class fare includes Persian Garden, called Thermal Suite on Edge and Relaxation Room..never heard of a Spa Lounge but maybe that's new name for Relaxation Suite. No longer a Canyon Ranch operation on EDGE.

Sounds like an IT glitch which is what the Cap Club rep told me, but I have not heard back....

We need the pass on our non AQ cruise but for now I will book something at the spa anyhow

I just got off the phone with a Celebrity person. I asked her about the Thalassotherapy Pool. She hadn't heard about it, but put me on hold and went to talk to someone else. When she came back, she said that there will definitely be a T - Pool on the Edge!! She said that it had to be announced before we would be able to book it. She couldn't say for sure if it would be complimentary for AQ - that question would be answered with that announcement.

I can't wait to put my aching bones in there! :D

I'm always a bit skeptic on the information from the Call center reps - they more often get it wrong than right.

Adding a Thalassotherapy pool is not a last minute decision that can be made as it would have had to be part of the engineering/design specs prior to construction. There are significant impacts to the mechanics, weight and balance of the vessel, etc that would have to be taken into account long ago. Had it been in the plans, it surely would have been a major component of the Spa reveal, which it wasn't.

I'm not holding my breath on this one!

I'm always a bit skeptic on the information from the Call center reps - they more often get it wrong than right.

Adding a Thalassotherapy pool is not a last minute decision that can be made as it would have had to be part of the engineering/design specs prior to construction. There are significant impacts to the mechanics, weight and balance of the vessel, etc that would have to be taken into account long ago. Had it been in the plans, it surely would have been a major component of the Spa reveal, which it wasn't.

I'm not holding my breath on this one!

I have been skeptical too since finding the cruise planner thalassotherapy pool option, but have some hope because of her checking with someone who said it was yet to be revealed (and she was so sure about that and very hesitant to be definite about other things I asked). I have been led down many wrong paths by X customer service reps, so have a healthy dose of skepticism.

If the t-pool is going to be there, I don't think it was a last minute decision but maybe something they left for later in the reveals so that there was something special to reveal near the end, possibly when they reveal the cabanas (prices and what is included) and other high-priced add-ons that will be added to our cruise planners. I have hope, but won't be too surprised if it is all some big IT glitch. :D

The Cruise Planner person and Concierge who I tried to contact never called me back but someone else did yesterday...

She was confused b/c my inquiry involved the T pool inclusion question for my AQ Class booking, and also a question about when could I book a spa pass for my non AQ cruise.. Apparently too much in one phone call...

At first she told me all spa bookings had to be made through Canyon Ranch...wrong info all around

She also said she knew nothing about a T pool for EDGE..so no one may know til the water bubbles up!

I decided to let it ride....Eventually we,ll find out . Our Nov 2020 cruise is more than a year out so no rush! We,ll just check the cruise planner online every so often.. I could not book spa appt for that cruise at all so I know it's just too early.

Thanks VT for doing the detective work! This is my first Aqua cabin and probably only time I will book it (unless I get pricing close to reg verandas) and I want to make sure I don't miss a thing!

Thank you for checking! I was trying to book the 7 day couples just to have a place holder but couldn't. Waiting to hear what the final deal is

I just got off the phone with an excellent Captain's Club person who spent a lot of time trying to figure this out. I was on hold for 20 minutes and then she called me back an hour later after talking to various people. She still hadn't gotten to the bottom of this and said she would call me back with more details when she had them (likely not today).

She said that there wasn't anything about the T pool in their info and at first wondered if it was the salt cave part of the thermal suites, but I pointed out the paragraph on the website: "Submerge yourself in deep relaxation with this 7-day pass to our Thermal Suite and our Thalassotherapy Pool, an oasis complete with grottos, chaise lounges, and a natural bubbling salt-water spring that will wash your cares away."

She talked to more people and they wondered if, because of that specific wording online about the grottos, loungers, etc., it possibly could be something that will be announced for the Edge and was just placed on the website too soon. She said that she would work to track it down and get back to me.

Her gut feeling was that it would be included in AQ, but she wasn't sure so would check that as well. She said that she couldn't find anything about day passes, but that didn't mean that they wouldn't eventually be offered.

So, no real new info, but she was leaning toward this being real with details to be announced (of course, maybe they are announcing it soon and she just couldn't say anything). Either way, she sounded very interested in getting to the bottom of this, so we have a Captain's Club detective at work. :D

VT! Please let me know what you find out. We are on the Edge in March and will actually do the 7 day couples pass but can not book it at this point but see it as an option on cruise planner. I would rather do a day pass if available of course.

VT! Please let me know what you find out. We are on the Edge in March and will actually do the 7 day couples pass but can not book it at this point but see it as an option on cruise planner. I would rather do a day pass if available of course.

We may find out in a reveal before I hear back from them, if there is to be a t-pool (the last person I spoke with said the reveal had to happen before we could book). If I do hear anything, I will post here. :D

I posted this on the AQ thread, but thought I should put it here too. These are possible spaces left on the deck plans for a T pool, if this does turn out to be real.

On deck 14, a couple of possibilities - if you look at the size of the solarium pool, you can get a sense of how much room a pool takes up.

enhance

On Deck 15 (with the stairway up from the spa nearby)enhance

twodjs pointed out on the other thread that the changing rooms are close to the blank area in the center of the spa on 14 (would need a close spot to change so not tracking water all over) and that there is a blank area underneath on 12 that would accommodate special plumbing needs, etc.

Not sure if the T pool is myth or reality, but hope we will find out soon. :D

I need to chime in here about these "reveals". This has become so annoying! We are only a few months out from their "pre inaugural whatever" and still have so many questions. We are booked in January and it's way to long for them to hold this information back. They know darn well that people like to book early, book prior to sailing and want to "investigate" options. Now they get Apex going and we still don't have some ideas about Edge! Just not good business but that's my opinion. Rushing to get the next ship going and don't even give us the complete details of a ship we are sailing on???? What's with that.

Anyway, just my opinion and still looking forward to Edge in January, even if they are still "revealing" it at that time:eek:

Pat C

I don't see any reveals scheduled but there is an agent teleconference in September about The Retreat.

Possibly the pool hasn't been shown yet as they are trying to work out problems/details at the last minute. I would assume, if there is one, it would already be built as I don't think you could retrofit the completed ship with something that big and heavy.

As to size, I've sailed on both Cunard's QM2 and Queen Victoria. QM2 has a thalassotherapy pool the size of a swimming pool. QV has what is, basically, an oversize hot tub. So it's hard to guess exactly what space is being reserved for one.

It was quite a nice size on Mercury and QM 2..

We are kept like mushrooms...in the dark!

We will be happy with whatever AQ class booking includes in January...and figure things out for fall 2019.

Hope the ship is ready for "Prime Time" by January!

For those waiting to book the thermal suite and thalassotherapy pool pass I could book it today. You can now choose a time. That said I think in the grand scheme of things that must be meaningless as it would be a lot of work for the staff to keep track of how long people have been there. I suspect it is more a result of the booking system requiring a time since everything else you would book through the cruise planner has a time associate with it. The total for a couples pass with the automatic service charge was $470.82 for 7 days. I figure that since our cruise isn't until February I have plenty of time to cancel if the reports are less than positive.

For those waiting to book the thermal suite and thalassotherapy pool pass I could book it today. You can now choose a time. That said I think in the grand scheme of things that must be meaningless as it would be a lot of work for the staff to keep track of how long people have been there. I suspect it is more a result of the booking system requiring a time since everything else you would book through the cruise planner has a time associate with it. The total for a couples pass with the automatic service charge was $470.82 for 7 days. I figure that since our cruise isn't until February I have plenty of time to cancel if the reports are less than positive.

Thanks for letting everyone know!

Thanks for the heads up.....we will try to look for it tonight but for 9 days it may be over our price point. Sounds like it is a combined pass for the thermal suite along with the T pool.

If it is too pricey maybe we can do the E plus visit on one port day and get a day pass if offered,.,