Thalassotherapy Pool on the Edge?

vtcruising

. Makes use of the similar undesignated space next to the dressing areas in the spa even more logical with the plumbing already in place for the pool above.

At least part of the other circled space is crew stairs and elevators. If what remains is large enough for a T-Pool remains to be seen.

I'm still skeptical the ship will have one. It doesn't make sense that is wasn't included in the very detail Spa Reveal.

I also don't hold much faith in what Celebrity Reps over the phone tell you.

Also, notice that the space across from the changing rooms is in the center of the ship - important design factor since water weighs 8 pounds per gallon. I remember in a very early post, that the T-pool was described as a grotto style. Certainly a departure from recent ships, but very intriguing if that description becomes a reality!

I remember in a very early post, that the T-pool was described as a grotto style. Certainly a departure from recent ships, but very intriguing if that description becomes a reality!

Interesting if that ends up being true. Currently no Celebrity ships have a t-pool in the spa. They all have the Solarium Pool which I'm not certain is a true T-pool or not? All the new NCL ships have a true t-pool located right in the spa, with either forward or aft facing views which is nice.

Another clue with a T-pool is that a true depth one would require a tank to protrude to the deck below, so there should be a blank space on the deck plan on the deck just below it. Of course it could just be a raised jacuzzi style pool that some ships use (like Carnival), and in that case a pool well into the deck below would not be required.

Looking at the EDGE deck plans I don't really see a logical space for it, and I do feel it would have been revealed with the spa reveal. So I'm skeptical there will be anything besides the Solarium pool. I hope I'm proved wrong though.

I posted this on the Blocks thread, but should also post here:

I sent an email to Celebrity One Touch about the T Pool again this week. I wanted to purchase a Thermal Spa and T Pool pass for my husband's birthday, which is coming up soon, but wanted to know if the T Pool is a real thing first. I sent them the following, which was on my Cruise Planner. Someone called me back Thursday from the Pre Cruise Corporate Guest Relations Team and she had called 4 different people to see about the T Pool and couldn't confirm or deny it. She said they keep them in the dark about upcoming reveals so that it was still a possibility, but said that at this point there was no info on it.

The only thing that gives me some hope is that when I called them about the Hot Glass classes on my cruise planner and asked if that was real, the classes were pulled from my planner with a couple of weeks. I first asked them about the T Pool on my cruise planner about 7 weeks ago and it is still there. So, a little hope...

enhance

We have 2 very similar active threads going about Thermal Suites and T pools, and the pricing.

Perhaps moderators should combine to avoid future duplication and need for cross reference.

There will be many photos and reviews as soon as the initial cruises start. Can't wait to see them and eventually experience it myself in January!

I was thinking about it more and wonder, if there is a T Pool, is it actually more like a large hot tub (above ground, instead of built-in pool) with salt water in a cave-like room (grotto) with jets (natural bubbling salt-water spring) with a few reclining seats (chaise lounges)? That would make sense to have 15 minute limits and not need much space. Just another thought. As one X rep said to me, why would they pay someone to write that description, if wasn't real (and it doesn't fit any other X ships, correct?)? Not convinced, but still a bit hopeful. :D

description on website:

It is described as "Submerge yourself in deep relaxation with this 7-day pass to our Thermal Suite and our Thalassotherapy Pool, an oasis complete with grottos, chaise lounges, and a natural bubbling salt-water spring that will wash your cares away."

It’s a mystery for sure. It also doesn’t make sense to have a very comprehensive spa reveal, and make absolutely no mention of a T-pool. Looking at the deck plans for the spa I really don’t see a spot for it, unless it is just a small above deck hot tub.

The unrevealed space oposite the dressing areas is almost the size of the solarium pool and there is the unrealed space for any required depth on the deck directly below. Still hoping...

I believe that space is for crew stairs and elevators.

As of this morning the reference to the T pool has been removed on my cruise planner. It now shows only “SEA thermal wellness experience week pass” however the price remains the same at $219/$399 for couple. I am kicking myself for not purchasing the week pass before the price increase. I was justifying paying the extra money for the T pool but now it appears there will be no T pool.

f7512b7c5747a548ba43017e343192ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Thanks 1

As of this morning the reference to the T pool has been removed on my cruise planner. It now shows only “SEA thermal wellness experience week pass” however the price remains the same at $219/$399 for couple. I am kicking myself for not purchasing the week pass before the price increase. I was justifying paying the extra money for the T pool but now it appears there will be no T pool.

f7512b7c5747a548ba43017e343192ee.jpg

Oh no, there goes any hope of the T Pool....my cruise planner changed overnight as well.

I wonder if people who purchased the T Pool + Thermal Suites passes will say something to Celebrity (especially if they don't find out until onboard). The prices are higher than initially laid out in May in the Spa FAQs: "SEA Thermal Suite day and cruise passes are available for purchase and range in pricing from a $49 day pass to a $249 couples cruise pass. Guests can book while onboard at the Spa on Edge. Prices do not fluctuate between sea and port days." We also saw lower prices in our cruise planners initially, but of course it is about supply and demand so we will see what happens with the prices now that there is no T Pool.

Maybe there will be a sale soon that includes the Thermal Suite passes. With a 20% sale, the passes would be $175 for a single and $319 for a couple - closer to the original prices they had envisioned and closer to what I would pay. I will probably try it out with my CC free pass on port days. It does make AQ more desirable. :D

For me, it is sad, but at least I know.

Spa FAQs:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celeb...eveal_FAQS.pdf

Oh no, there goes any hope of the T Pool....my cruise planner changed overnight as well.

I wonder if people who purchased the T Pool + Thermal Suites passes will say something to Celebrity (especially if they don't find out until onboard). The prices are higher than initially laid out in May in the Spa FAQs: "SEA Thermal Suite day and cruise passes are available for purchase and range in pricing from a $49 day pass to a $249 couples cruise pass. Guests can book while onboard at the Spa on Edge. Prices do not fluctuate between sea and port days." We also saw lower prices in our cruise planners initially, but of course it is about supply and demand so we will see what happens with the prices now that there is no T Pool.

Maybe there will be a sale soon that includes the Thermal Suite passes. With a 20% sale, the passes would be $175 for a single and $319 for a couple - closer to the original prices they had envisioned and closer to what I would pay. I will probably try it out with my CC free pass on port days. It does make AQ more desirable. :D

For me, it is sad, but at least I know.

Spa FAQs:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celeb...eveal_FAQS.pdf

I am sad too but glad we finally get an answer regarding the T pool. Haha unless it changes again to add it back, which at this rate wouldn’t surprise me.

I actually just emailed CC to see now since the T pool has been removed if they will honor the originally advertised price. I don’t think I will have much luck but I might as well try. I agree, if there is a sale I would be inclined to buy it but at the current prices it’s just too much. My DH wants to have the pass but I can’t justify the current price knowing we will only use it 1/2 the time. Once per cruise on a port day via CC might just be the way to go for us too.

My DH wants to have the pass but I can’t justify the current price knowing we will only use it 1/2 the time. Once per cruise on a port day via CC might just be the way to go for us too.

Plus, we can buy day passes for $49 (or likely a bit more since everything else went up), if one or the other of us wanted to do another day. I really don't think we will have that much time to spend in the spa on the first cruises anyway because there will be so many new things to explore and do. I do have my Thai Herbal Massage booked for Dec 2. That's a port day so maybe I'll get a Thermal Suite pass for that day and give it a whirl. :D

It's unfortunate but I can't say I'm surprised. I didn't see a spot for a true T-pool and I really think it would have been included in the comprehensive spa reveal. So like all the other Celebrity ships, there will be the Solarium Pool. At least the fleet will be consistent in that regard.

Plus, we can buy day passes for $49 (or likely a bit more since everything else went up), if one or the other of us wanted to do another day. I really don't think we will have that much time to spend in the spa on the first cruises anyway because there will be so many new things to explore and do. I do have my Thai Herbal Massage booked for Dec 2. That's a port day so maybe I'll get a Thermal Suite pass for that day and give it a whirl. :D

I was told yesterday by Celebrity that the day passes will be $59. We only have two sea days on our May cruise and DH doesn't do spas so a day pass would be best for me and we will be spending time at the pool so maybe a cabana instead of a Thermal Suite pass. BTW, is the Solarium Pool open to all or is it limited?

Carole

I was told yesterday by Celebrity that the day passes will be $59. We only have two sea days on our May cruise and DH doesn't do spas so a day pass would be best for me and we will be spending time at the pool so maybe a cabana instead of a Thermal Suite pass. BTW, is the Solarium Pool open to all or is it limited?

Carole

The Solarium pool is open to adults. Children may, under certain circumstances, be allowed entrance by the Master of the ship.

Perhaps there was an unforeseen complication that didn’t allow for the T-pool to be installed on the Edge?

Maybe, due to demand, X will add one to the Apex. [emoji4]

It does make you wonder. Could have just been a snafu from some marketing wiz that had no clue what a T-pool was.

Having an authentic t-pool, one with true depth requires early planning and would have to be part of the initial design process. The pool well has to protrude into the deck below it, the piping requirements, deck reinforcement for the weight, and stability considerations for all that water.

It’s not something that can be changed on a quick whim. It would be nice if APEX had one, and there is time to incorporate one, but somehow I doubt it. Celebrity hasn’t had a true T-Pool located within spa since the GALAXY, which came before the Royal Caribbean acquisition.

Oh well....so no T pool....

We'll still enjoy the area as an AQ inclusion...

I truly hope it is very strictly capacity controlled for extra passes of any kind ....some of the rooms have limited space and seating and they have converted Concierge guest rooms to AQ,..,...uping the number of full cruise passes

.On S Class, the heated loungers are a big draw and some folks stay there for a long heated nap! Staff is supposed to limit time....

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, ronbe65 said:

How is the spa T-pool doing?

It does not appear in the video tours.

That's because there isn't one. That was initially established in a post from Sept 30th in this thread and then confirmed via some of the early cruisers onboard this past week in some of the other threads here.