Where to buy wine LGA - Red Hook Pier?

flahagan

We will be flying in to LGA for the Oct. 6 New England cruise and will taxi to the cruise pier. Any suggestions as to where we can purchase our 1 bottle of wine each to bring on board?

According to googlemaps, Wet Whistle Wines is 1/2 mile from there.

Go to googlemaps, locate the cruise terminal, click on nearby and specify Wine Store.

8 bottles?! Wouldn't that be great if that was for 2 people! Trying to decide if we want to do carry-on or check-in for luggage on the plane. I know some will wonder how in the world you could do a cruise with carry-on, but in January I did 14 nights in Thailand and just got back from a week in Germany, all with carry-on. However, those 2 bottles of wine are important, lol! So it sounds like we could just ask the taxi driver to stop at a wine store on the way.

Drop off your luggage at the terminal, then walk two blocks to Van Brunt Street. Turn right on Van Brunt and head to Dry Dock Wines at 424 Van Brunt. About 10 minutes total walk, unless you stop to check out some of the funky shops! Dry Dock has lovely service -- friendly and knowledgeable. Even though I am in Manhattan most workdays, Dry Dock is my go-to place in Red Hook where I live.

p.s. We LOVE watching the ships go right past our house! Sometimes people even wave to us! Have a terrific trip.

• 2 weeks later...
Drop off your luggage at the terminal, then walk two blocks to Van Brunt Street. Turn right on Van Brunt and head to Dry Dock Wines at 424 Van Brunt. About 10 minutes total walk, unless you stop to check out some of the funky shops! Dry Dock has lovely service -- friendly and knowledgeable. Even though I am in Manhattan most workdays, Dry Dock is my go-to place in Red Hook where I live.

p.s. We LOVE watching the ships go right past our house! Sometimes people even wave to us! Have a terrific trip.

Any suggestion for a good, not too expensive hotel near the cruise terminal? Thanks!!