getaway balcony or mini suite?

sunsetme

Just off yesterday and we had a balcony and another family member had a minisuite and i didnt see much of a difference other than the bathroom. In fact they pretty much looked identical outside of the bathroom.

We have been in both a mini-suite and balcony on the Getaway. Yes, the bathroom was nice but I would be fine in a balcony again. The room, bed, and balcony was the same size in both. Unless you get a super good deal on a mini, I wouldn't spend extra for one. Having said that....the Getaway is a great ship. Have a wonderful cruise:)

We have been in both a mini-suite and balcony on the Getaway. Yes, the bathroom was nice but I would be fine in a balcony again. The room, bed, and balcony was the same size in both. Unless you get a super good deal on a mini, I wouldn't spend extra for one. Having said that....the Getaway is a great ship. Have a wonderful cruise:)

We were upgraded for free (price drop after final payment, blah blah blah) from a balcony to a minisuite. I loved the extra room in the bathroom (no sharing a sink!) and the bed felt bigger than a queen. The only downside is that DH now only wants to book minisuites and above! I'll never take him to the Haven!

We have been in both a balcony and mini-suite on the Getaway. Besides the upgraded bathroom the mini is definitely larger. 230 square feet compared to 172. I could definitely see the difference.

Have been in both on Breakaway, and if just the two of us are cruising the balcony cabin on Breakaway class is plenty roomy. For our upcoming cruise the mini is ~400 $ more and I did not notice enough of a difference besides in the bathroom for us to want to spend the extra $$ for a mini over our current balcony.

You can also view some youtube videos to see what you think of both cabin categories

Edited by mizlorinj