Mini-Bar question

chickadee1

I have seen some remarks about the refrigerator and drinks that are already in it. We are leaving in 9 days on the Star in a Mini-suite and wondering what the deal is with the Drinks in the refrigerator or on the countertop! Any help is appreciated! On RCL, we just had the steward take everything out!

I am assuming you get charged if you use them - can you get the steward to remove them? What is charge?

And, BTW, is the refrigerator actually cold or more like a storage area like on RCI? I figure you need to keep the ice bucket full if you want cold anything!!

Thank you!

I have seen some remarks about the refrigerator and drinks that are already in it. We are leaving in 9 days on the Star in a Mini-suite and wondering what the deal is with the Drinks in the refrigerator or on the countertop! Any help is appreciated! On RCL, we just had the steward take everything out!

There will onky be a mini-bar set-up if you're an Elite passenger. (or in full suite, which you're not as you're in a mini-suite).

Otherwise, there's no drinks in fridge or on top of desk/fridge area - except large bottle of water for sale. So, no worries..

If you're Elite, the mini-bar set up is half/half, part on top of desk, part in fridge, and has zero charge as it's an Elite perk, so no charge

Enjoy.

Dang, I misread your post and assumed you were getting the standard minibar as a perk. Sorry.

No free booze for you. ;p

Fridge is cold enough to keep the ice bucket melting completely for maybe a day.

When Elite, do they replenish without a charge? Can you switch items you don't like?

No replenishment. (Wouldn't that be nice?) You can switch, say, the two little bottles of vodka for two of Scotch, or Coke for Sprite. Or trade the whole shebang for two coffee cards.

When Elite, do they replenish without a charge? Can you switch items you don't like?

No replenishment free of charge, there's a price list on the desk near the glasses if you want to top up..

Here's the list of what's included, and what you can swap for:

Princess Elite Mini-bar

Question:What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer:Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each ofCognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2)12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ouncebottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question:What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-barstocked?

Answer:Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks,beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service tochange your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question:Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer:You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of winevalued at $40 or less.

Question:Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles ofliquor?

Answer:No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on aone-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question:Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar foralcohol?

Answer:No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-onebasis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question:What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer:If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will behappy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

• Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis
  • Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards
  • All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

We have been elite for five years but before then there used to be a few cans of soda and a 1.5 liter bottle of water. We would just take the cans out of the refrigerator and place them on a shelf.

Note that Room Service is responsible for the inventory and of you want them removed call them rather than burdening your steward.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am assuming you get charged if you use them - You'll be charged if you use anything in the fridge or on the desk top

can you get the steward to remove them? No, call room service

What is charge? there's a price list for lots of goodies in the room service book

And, BTW, is the refrigerator actually cold or more like a storage area like on RCI? I figure you need to keep the ice bucket full if you want cold anything!!

Thank you!

Your steward will refill the ice bucket once or twice a day (depending on the steward and what you ask for).

We usually tell the steward, "when we want more ice, we'll put the ice bucket out on the counter".

Otherwise, there's no drinks in fridge or on top of desk/fridge area - except large bottle of water for sale. So, no worries..

There may be some sodas either in the Fridge or on top of a counter. If so, you will be charged if you use any of them.

To the OP:

If there are drinks in the refrigerator just take them out and place them on the shelf behind the TV. If you use them you will be charged. We always just place them behind the TV and then ignore them. If you do this you won't be charged and the steward will simply return them to the refrigerator after you have left the cabin on disembarkation day.

We have been elite for five years but before then there used to be a few cans of soda and a 1.5 liter bottle of water. We would just take the cans out of the refrigerator and place them on a shelf.

Note that Room Service is responsible for the inventory and of you want them removed call them rather than burdening your steward.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sodas, beers, small waters, sparkling water and spirits are from room service. The large one liter bottles of water are from housekeeping (cabin steward).

I am assuming you get charged if you use them - can you get the steward to remove them? What is charge?

Thank you!

Stays mainly cold for drinks. Some cabins are better than others. Works better if you make certain the vent area is not blocked. Also works better if you leave the ice bucket in the fridge. The fridge has two doors, a decorative one that covers the actual fridge door. Sometimes you have to leave the decorative door open to get the fridge cold.

Stays mainly cold for drinks. Some cabins are better than others. Works better if you make certain the vent area is not blocked. Also works better if you leave the ice bucket in the fridge. The fridge has two doors, a decorative one that covers the actual fridge door. Sometimes you have to leave the decorative door open to get the fridge cold.

There is a dial inside at the back that you can move to make the fridge warmer or colder. Still will not be supercold.