Has anyone done the "Escape Room" during your cruise?

milogurd

I never can figure out the escape rooms online. I might get one or two clues, then never can get to the next step. I probably would spend the cruise locked in a room on a ship. :D

They do that when you have Noro and alas, there is no escaping. :(

We've done a number of escape rooms on land, and had not heard of them on the ship, interesting. I appreciate that Princess is attempting to include a greater variety of entertainment options onboard (I went to their murder mystery theatre show on the Royal and that was a new one to me!).

We are definitely going to look for this on our next cruise!

We've done a number of escape rooms on land, and had not heard of them on the ship, interesting. I appreciate that Princess is attempting to include a greater variety of entertainment options onboard (I went to their murder mystery theatre show on the Royal and that was a new one to me!).

We are definitely going to look for this on our next cruise!

You will need to watch for the sign-up and then be sure to get to that a good half hour early! They only have 8 half-hour blocks available, and they fill up fast!

Hi,

I also did the escape room on the Island Princess last month. It was free. You do have to sign up right away as soon as they announce when the signup is scheduled, because there are many who want to participate, in my experience. We signed up in teams of eight and all those who wanted to participate had to be there at the sign up. In other words you couldn't sign up for a person who wasn't there with you. I have never done an escape room on land, but from what I understand they are more set up environmentally then this was. It did take place in the chapel and there was nothing different about the chapel -e.g. having the room look like someplace else. Basically the way it was set up it could have been done in any location on board, because the environment didn't have much to do with the goal.

I thought it was a good way to do something different on board.

Amy

Yup - also did it on the Grand in October. Lots of fun! Liked it so much we did one ashore - in San Jose. That one was harder but just as fun. I'm glad to see Princess doing something new - and free! I hope they come up with some new ones for future cruises.

Thanks for the explanation. I have vaguely heard of this game but did not realize it was being offered on the ship. It was not on the Ruby last month however.

Actually it WAS offered on the Ruby last month. You had to go to the library and sign up for it the same day. It was mentioned in the patter. It was something I wanted to try, but I didn't on this cruise. Will give it a try on my 10 day on the Ruby in April

We did the escape room on the Regal November 26,2017 cruise. I had read about it here on CC, so made sure to look for the sign up time. The unusual thing for us is we almost didn't get to do it due to an error in the time given to us in writing. It was incorrect. They actually redeemed themselves and did one just for us. Classy move on Princess' part. We were able to solve the mystery with friends we were cruising with.

Be sure to check out the Patter for when and where to sign up. We totally enjoyed it. Think it would be fun to do one on land.

Just for those who think you would be"captive", you are not. Could have left at any time. Not sure about land based ones and leaving at your will. This one seemed to be more geared toward solving a mystery in a given time rather than a way to escape from a room.

• 2 months later...

The Royal has the Escape Room and it was held on a port day when most everyone is off the ship. If it were offered on a sea day there would be to many people signing up & it would cause some contention if everyone couldn't get a chance to play.

There were only 5 people there one cruise & 6 on another (I sat in as an observer during the second time). It's only held once per cruise.

It was an enjoyable way to spend 45 minutes trying to solve the mystery.

We timed out on the first go but the group solved in in 20 minutes.

I hope they change the puzzle so that next season I can participate again.

First time for everything... did it on the Island Princess over the holidays...sign up listed in the patter... but spots go quickly. Very fun, great adventure.. we didn’t escape, but almost. 👍. Would highly recommend 🤪😎

Hopefully Ruby will still have it on our May sailing...did it on Anthem of the Seas...what a kick...we did escape....If you are not good at solving puzzles don't participate...as you will not find it very fun.....

Edit.. someone posted it is more like solving a mystery.............so maybe your puzzle solving kills don't have to be that good.

They showed it in the Patter on our Jan. Royal Princess cruise. My husband wanted to do it he showed up about 5 min late and no one was there. I don't know if they had all the participants and the cruise member just left or if they never showed.

The CD member could have shown up at the bad & if there were many people standing around may have thought there were no sign-up's & left. They really didn't have a sign or anything to display. You had to keep an open eye for the guy with the clip board.

Since it's held on a port day it's never crowded.

If anyone wants to do the Escape Room, my suggestion is persistence in getting signed up. When we got to the library to sign up, we were lucky that the Cruise Director happened to be in the room and helped facilitate the process by having someone called on the radio to come help us sign up. My recommendation is to make signing up one's priority right when you board the ship and don't give up until you find someone to help you.

• Like 1

If anyone wants to do the Escape Room, my suggestion is persistence in getting signed up. When we got to the library to sign up, we were lucky that the Cruise Director happened to be in the room and helped facilitate the process by having someone called on the radio to come help us sign up. My recommendation is to make signing up one's priority right when you board the ship and don't give up until you find someone to help you.

They won't do that simply because too many people will promise to participate & never show up. Same as if they offered it on a sea day- they'll be swamped & cause contention because they can't handle the numbers.

8 or 10 people per group with maybe 2 groups per day out of the possible hundreds, really limits the program.

We did the escape room on Regal in December. I have done 4-5 escape rooms at home and I was pretty surprised at the quality of the one on board. The actual puzzles were of medium difficulty. The story line was mysterious / little creepy and the crew did a pretty good job of selling it. We did it on formal night which added something to the experience as we were all in our fancy formal attire. I'm not sure if the story line changes on each ship or location but I'd do it again if so.

We did it on Pacific Princess last transatlantic cruise in December 2017. Various clues, keys, locked boxes etc, and it was held in the card room.

Fun.

It was free and we were told we were the first passengers to take part.

Sammy Baker was the CD at the time, a fun and pleasant lady, we will miss her.