Has anyone done the "Escape Room" during your cruise?

milogurd

Actually it WAS offered on the Ruby last month. You had to go to the library and sign up for it the same day. It was mentioned in the patter. It was something I wanted to try, but I didn't on this cruise. Will give it a try on my 10 day on the Ruby in April

we are also on the Ruby in April and hoping to do it. We did it on the Allure and our group finished with 20 minutes to spare. They have it for 1 hour

• 4 weeks later...

My teenagers were very excited to try the escape room on Royal, so we were disappointed to find out that you have to be an adult to participate. I can't remember if the age requirement is 18 or 21 -- sorry! Anyway, I wanted to give a heads-up in case anyone else has kids/teens who are interested.

My teenagers were very excited to try the escape room on Royal, so we were disappointed to find out that you have to be an adult to participate. I can't remember if the age requirement is 18 or 21 -- sorry! Anyway, I wanted to give a heads-up in case anyone else has kids/teens who are interested.

We did it on the Caribbean Princess last week. The age requirement was 14, but a parent had to sign a release for anyone under 18. There was a 15 minute or so prep time when we were introduced to the story line and then we were taken to the room where it was a 30 minute event. During the prep time, the crew member contacted the people setting up the room to be sure they were ready. It would take 5-10 minutes to re-set after we'd finished.

We completed the project in 19 minutes. We could have shaved off another 5 if we'd realized that we didn't need a key for the last lock. The person running it told us that record time was 14 1/2 minutes. It was a group of 8 people (our 3 plus a family of 5), and all worked well together.

Sign up was at Vines and was listed in the Patter. From what I could see, they were running 3 groups each evening, and had the event on 3 different evenings. Of course there could have been some schedule pages that I didn't see. We really didn't have a choice as to the date or time beyond being asked if it was OK, as they were trying to place people together to make the group of 8. They took our name and cabin number and gave us a paper with the time and location noted. There are no follow up contacts--it is up to you to remember that you scheduled this.

Fingers crossed they have this on the Regal in May... and that I can find a team to participate with. I love these types of activities!

You don't need to make a team; they will put you with others to have the 8 people in each group. Of course, if you have 8, that's fine. But if not, just go to the sign up; the crew member will find a spot that will fit whatever number you have.

Which Ship?

Experiences?

Details?

tia

There is a separate thread on this subject that might be a few weeks old. Yes on the Ruby. Understand it is done only about 4 to 6 times at most. Sign up info is in the patter on embarkation day. From what I have heard, it is very easy to miss. We have a party of 8 doing this on a sailing in June. The whole party needs to be there to sign up from what was posted. Going to the port early.

If you find the post, your other questions are answered.

There is a separate thread on this subject that might be a few weeks old. Yes on the Ruby. Understand it is done only about 4 to 6 times at most. Sign up info is in the patter on embarkation day. From what I have heard, it is very easy to miss. We have a party of 8 doing this on a sailing in June. The whole party needs to be there to sign up from what was posted. Going to the port early.

If you find the post, your other questions are answered.

Our sign up (Caribbean Princess) was NOT on embarkation day. It was listed in the Patter, but would have been easy to miss. I was able to sign up for the three people in our cabin. As with everything Princess, it may vary from one ship to another!

I did this on the Ruby with my sister and mother, it started with a little 'tour' where info needed to solve was incorporated in the tour. Our group would have been faster, but one person (someone we did not know) tried to take over control of the items and he did not want to take any females suggestions. Finally I just said please let me try something real quick, and it worked, so all the others started taking a more active part. I think the only thing that could have made it more fun was knowing everyone in the group. But for a free activity it was great.

Our sign up (Caribbean Princess) was NOT on embarkation day. It was listed in the Patter' date=' but would have been easy to miss. I was able to sign up for the three people in our cabin. As with everything Princess, it may vary from one ship to another![/quote']

What day was it posted on? Was the cruise a port intensive cruise?

What day was it posted on? Was the cruise a port intensive cruise?

10 Day Panama Canal partial transit. The port times were short due to the engine issues on the Caribbean Princess. We boarded on Sunday. The sign up was Thursday and the escape room event was Saturday for us. I do know that it happened on at least one other day. All I can suggest is to watch the Patter carefully.

10 Day Panama Canal partial transit. The port times were short due to the engine issues on the Caribbean Princess. We boarded on Sunday. The sign up was Thursday and the escape room event was Saturday for us. I do know that it happened on at least one other day. All I can suggest is to watch the Patter carefully.

Thanks,

We only have a 7 day with this itinerary. Hopefully they do it on a sea day. The other thread indicated it was done on two days with 2 times each day.

I did this on the Ruby with my sister and mother, it started with a little 'tour' where info needed to solve was incorporated in the tour. Our group would have been faster, but one person (someone we did not know) tried to take over control of the items and he did not want to take any females suggestions. Finally I just said please let me try something real quick, and it worked, so all the others started taking a more active part. I think the only thing that could have made it more fun was knowing everyone in the group. But for a free activity it was great.

If you watch the Race to Escape, (I think reruns are on the Science channel right now) any time one person tried to totally steer the group they failed. It is OK to have a leader, but that person has to make sure they incorporate everyone's ideas and assign people to follow leads.

Thanks,

We only have a 7 day with this itinerary. Hopefully they do it on a sea day. The other thread indicated it was done on two days with 2 times each day.

Our cruise had it 3 days and 3 groups per day from the sign up sheets I was able to view. One sheet with 3 "events" was completely full, so I was happy to see the other two sheets.

Our cruise had it 3 days and 3 groups per day from the sign up sheets I was able to view. One sheet with 3 "events" was completely full' date=' so I was happy to see the other two sheets.[/quote']

Sounds like they are adding more times then, I like it!!!!

Just did it on the Star last week. We only had a group of 4 as 2 people who signed up didn’t show. It was held on a port day and we signed up the day before. It was never listed in the patter, rather the sign up time was announced at the show the night before. We were in San Francisco at the time, docked not to far from Alcatraz. That would be a great place to do an escape room! [emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did in March on the Regal and had a great time. I had never done this before. It was listed in the Patter, we had 9 in our group and we really had to work as a team. They offered this activity 2 x on the ship but the staff said the second session no one signed up for. Try it if it’s offered on your ship.

Our group barely made it in time but did "escape". We found the items out of order so that some of the clues were no longer of use as we had already found the item they were supposed to point to. It was interesting to do and I would likely do it again on a future cruise.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We were hoping to have an escape room on our recent Sapphire Princess cruise but there wasn't one offered. We'd look at the Patter every evening but never saw anything about it. I think it would be a nice addition to the entertainment options.