Do the Specialty Restaurants Close on Some Nights?

Noodle77

I'm now 120 days out from my cruise on the NCL Jade and reservations for the specialty restaurants have opened up. Except when I go in to make reservations, there are two dates that are seemingly not available for ANY of the restaurants -- and of course one of them is the night I wanted to book in Le Bistro for my birthday. It's not that they don't have available times, it's that they're not even popping up in the list of dates. Do the restaurants close on certain nights, or is there maybe just a glitch and I should call? They're both port days, if that makes a difference.

Yea. For the Dawn, Sept 3rd is completely missing for all the restaurants. We did do a sailing a year or so ago when each specialty restaurant was closed one night, doing a rotation closing. There was a German company hosting about 700 of their employees on that cruise. The restaurants were reserved just for those guests.

There are lots of times every day that are not made available until you board. Best to take care of reservations on the first day though. Some times fill up fast. We like eating late, so never have a problem.

Pretty sure it’s an NCL website issue!

When it was time for us to book dining at 120 Days out, only one date and time was available for each day of the cruise for about the first week.

The good folks at the Customer Service Desk couldn’t book for us either, so we just checked back every day.

About a week later, the days and times we were looking for were showing!

Edited by NEW 2 CRUISIN

There are lots of times every day that are not made available until you board. Best to take care of reservations on the first day though. Some times fill up fast. We like eating late, so never have a problem.

We could not book any times we wanted prior to sailing. As soon as we boarded went to where reservations were being taken and had no problem getting days and times we wanted

I'm now 120 days out from my cruise on the NCL Jade and reservations for the specialty restaurants have opened up. Except when I go in to make reservations, there are two dates that are seemingly not available for ANY of the restaurants -- and of course one of them is the night I wanted to book in Le Bistro for my birthday. It's not that they don't have available times, it's that they're not even popping up in the list of dates. Do the restaurants close on certain nights, or is there maybe just a glitch and I should call? They're both port days, if that makes a difference.

can't imagine why you are getting that response. I would call the reservations number and see what they have to say. All specialty dining is open every night unless the ship is partly chartered. I will add, sometimes it is really just better to wait until you board. There are usually more time slots open as they save about 1/2 of the slots for booking after boarding the ship, but if you do this, make sure the first thing you do after embarkation is book your restaurants.

The same happened to us on our Coastal Bliss sailing......our first call to our wonderful PVP yielded "nada", he couldn't help us either and said to wait until we board?? Bad response.....so we waited and called on Friday to the general 866#, got a wonderful customer service rep who was able to book exactly what we wanted - even on that 'no show' date on the website. She even suggested some changes, and she did them all quickly and efficiently on the phone and followed it up with an immediate "confirmation" for both dining and entertainment. A real GEM!! Try calling the general customer service line..... they helped us (when even our so called assigned 'rep' could not / would not!!!).;p