Free select drinks package

We have the free select drinks package as part of your cruise and was going to upgrade for the 10-15 dollars which we have been told by royal Caribbean

With the new package in place it's looking like between 25-30 dollars!

I have bought on board credit to pay for the original price to upgrade to premium.

I think there will be alot of people in the same position.

Maybe a mass approach of people getting in touch and asking for the original 10-15 dollars to be honoured may make a difference?

A petition or a group post on royals social media sites?

People and group power may be the way forward??

We have the free select drinks package as part of your cruise and was going to upgrade for the 10-15 dollars which we have been told by royal Caribbean

I have bought on board credit to pay for the original price to upgrade to premium.

Maybe a mass approach of people getting in touch and asking for the original 10-15 dollars to be honoured may make a difference?

I thought about that but I am not sure there would be enough people on these sites to make much of a petition. There has only been a handful of people asking on facebook (unreplied to) and on twitter (reply's firmly state the new price)Most unfortunately will just turn up and be hit by the bomb shell when they go to upgrade. However, if one is started then I sign.

Select is $40. The new upgrade is 55? It was always $15.00. RCCL was running a sale for 20% off, which many people have taken. Like all sales, they eventually go away. The new package you actually get more for you money. It sounds like you are comparing the 20% discounted price to the new un-discounted price. Yes, that might be more. The package you have is going away, but based on the Q&A, it will be honored until depleted, so you still have it. My guess is will still cost you $15 a day to upgrade.

Select is $40. The new upgrade is 55? It was always $15.00. RCCL was running a sale for 20% off, which many people have taken. Like all sales, they eventually go away. The new package you actually get more for you money. It sounds like you are comparing the 20% discounted price to the new un-discounted price. Yes, that might be more. The package you have is going away, but based on the Q&A, it will be honored until depleted, so you still have it. My guess is will still cost you $15 a day to upgrade.

rccl have told us the new upgrade price $25-$30 depending on ship. Also the price your have in your post aren't correct It was $15 dollar diff to the premium now a further 10 (15 on some ships to the deluxe your delux price is not include tips = $64.)

Everyone is assuming that RC will charge full price for a drink package upgrade. Lets wait and see. My cruises leave in a month and I'm not jumping to any conclusions. I had planned to upgrade my Select to the Premium for $11.8 p/p, but I'll wait until I'm on board. I think RC will have a reasonable up charge to the new package. Be patient!

Everyone is assuming that RC will charge full price for a drink package upgrade. Lets wait and see. My cruises leave in a month and I'm not jumping to any conclusions. I had planned to upgrade my Select to the Premium for $11.8 p/p, but I'll wait until I'm on board. I think RC will have a reasonable up charge to the new package. Be patient!

I posted the email I got from customer services with the new upgrade prices from customer services and there response

reposted below

from me:-Issue: Hi as part of the offer at booking we were given the select beverage

package. On board we planned to upgrade this to the premium. However I

understand that a new drinks package comes out on the 6th sept and that

both the select and the premium will disappear. Will we still be able to

pay to upgrade on board and if so will we now need to upgrade to the new

more expensive deluxe beverage package? If so how much will that cost?

RCCL Response

We thank you for your email regarding your cruise holiday.

Yes, you will be able to upgrade to our Deluxe Package and you will need to

pay around $25.00 to $30.00 per day, person.

If you need anything else, please let us know. Thank you for your time.

Yours Sincerely,

Bryan Quan

Customer Service | UK & Ireland

Royal Caribbean International |0844 493 4005

from me:-Issue: Hi as part of the offer at booking we were given the select beverage

package. On board we planned to upgrade this to the premium. However I

understand that a new drinks package comes out on the 6th sept and that

both the select and the premium will disappear. Will we still be able to

pay to upgrade on board and if so will we now need to upgrade to the new

more expensive deluxe beverage package? If so how much will that cost?

RCCL Response

We thank you for your email regarding your cruise holiday.

Yes, you will be able to upgrade to our Deluxe Package and you will need to

pay around $25.00 to $30.00 per day, person.

If you need anything else, please let us know. Thank you for your time.

Yours Sincerely,

Bryan Quan

Customer Service | UK & Ireland

Royal Caribbean International |0844 493 4005

it in the other thread I will add hear too

I'd sign if this is the case.

I too have the select package and planned to upgrade to premium.

Phoned RCI yesterday and was told that it was no problem as I could pay $ 25-30 and upgrade to the new Deluxe. They couldn't seem to understand that that would be double what I was expecting to pay.

I then phoned Crown and Anchor and they said, after much consulting with other colleagues, that I'd be able to still pay for a premium package! Asked for email to confirm this but the email I received is ambiguous to say the least. Have asked for a clearer response but am still waiting ....

I'd sign if this is the case.

I too have the select package and planned to upgrade to premium.

Phoned RCI yesterday and was told that it was no problem as I could pay $ 25-30 and upgrade to the new Deluxe. They couldn't seem to understand that that would be double what I was expecting to pay.

I then phoned Crown and Anchor and they said, after much consulting with other colleagues, that I'd be able to still pay for a premium package! Asked for email to confirm this but the email I received is ambiguous to say the least. Have asked for a clearer response but am still waiting ....

If you get an email any chance you could post the details in it on here. I emailed crown and anchor but have not had a reply yet. I will post back on here if I do

What about if you bought the premium package already? How are they going to keep track of the old premium or the new package that offers more then what the premium did.

Thanks

your premium will be upgraded to the deluxe - so works in your favour

If you get an email any chance you could post the details in it on here. I emailed crown and anchor but have not had a reply yet. I will post back on here if I do

This is the one I've already received, but as you can see it's not very clear, but hoping it might just suffice

Good morning xxxxxxxxxxxxxx just getting back to you regarding he inquiery about the upgrade to the Premium drink package you will be able to do the upgrade onboard the ship since you have the promotional Select drink package , if you have any questions about this matter my extension number is xxxx and I will try to help you the best way possible.

I thought about that but I am not sure there would be enough people on these sites to make much of a petition. There has only been a handful of people asking on facebook (unreplied to) and on twitter (reply's firmly state the new price)Most unfortunately will just turn up and be hit by the bomb shell when they go to upgrade. However, if one is started then I sign.

I would as well

I don't think you have that right. The Select was $31/day and the Premium was $39/day now we have to upgrade to the Deluxe at $55/day. Huge difference. Simple.