NCL cancelled the Nov 27-Dec 7th 10 day cruiseon the SUN to S Caribbean from Miami!!

elruth

Just learned that our cruise was canceled and the Panama Canal/ Cuba one is in it's place. Since one of the main reasons I booked this cruise (besides the great itinerary) was the free port fees and taxes I'll be a tad pissed if they won't apply it to the replacement cruise. Still haven't been able to talk to anyone to see what we can do instead....

is premium on any airline close to real business class? Interested because I fly business class and would change airlines if I could save some $$'s.

Premium on Norwegian Air is nowhere close as Business Class on airlines that offer BUT they are less expensive AND better than the premium economy or economy comfort on other airlines!

As we prefer our OWN beds at home we do not care less about the "flat beds" the Business and First class offer when they cost many thousands for flights shorter than a night's sleep. Not worth for us.

Yes, Norwegian Air do not fly daily on the routes you want to fly so it's a chance we take. So far we have been lucky.

TBH - It might be a blessing in disguise. Not sure the Sun is the ideal ship for 10 days.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=177

The SUN is a great ship. I just did an 18 day cruise from Seattle to Port Orlando and the ship and the cruise was [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The SUN is a great ship. I just did an 18 day cruise from Seattle to Port Orlando and the ship and the cruise was [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

I was just on her as well. If that's what you consider "great," you're really missing out on some amazing ships...

Premium on Norwegian Air is nowhere close as Business Class on airlines that offer BUT they are less expensive AND better than the premium economy or economy comfort on other airlines!

As we prefer our OWN beds at home we do not care less about the "flat beds" the Business and First class offer when they cost many thousands for flights shorter than a night's sleep. Not worth for us.

Yes, Norwegian Air do not fly daily on the routes you want to fly so it's a chance we take. So far we have been lucky.

I don't really care about the flat beds either because I never plan to sleep on the plane. If I should spend lots of money on good sleep I should book a very expensive hotel instead of spending it on the plane tickets.

I just hate low cost, no service, airlines but the main reason for me to avoid Norwegian for a longhaul flight is that they are alone if something happens to the plane or on the airport.

If MIA should be closed BA or AA can get me to for example Tampa or Orlando and even Houston, Charlotte or Atlanta is an option if I have a couple of days in Miami before the cruise.

and like most NCL ships the CDC gives it a good rating for cleanliness. I think the last time it was inspected and that was prior to dry dock they got about a 90% rating.

I was just on her as well. If that's what you consider "great," you're really missing out on some amazing ships...

I hate to tell you this, but that is your opinion. Some of us have cruised most lines, most more than once and do not agree about this. What is a good versus not so good ship is a matter of opinion, nothing more, nothing less.:rolleyes:

You should talk to your cruise insurance, mine allows me to add the plane etc to it. that way you are safe :)

I doubt that we have that kind of individualised options in Sweden. The cruiseinsurence I have is only valid if I have to cancel because I'm sick.

I will absolute have travelinsurence too but that will not cover planetickets I can't use because the cruiseline decides to cancel our cruise.

Not good what they did. I just booked their new itinerary. I was on the sun last year in November for a ten day cruise. I liked the ship.

How did you book the new itinerary? I haven't been able to find any details or price on the NCL website

How did you book the new itinerary? I haven't been able to find any details or price on the NCL website

Never mind, I found it - at least $650 per person more than the previous itinerary on the same ship, same dates, with fewer perks.

Premium on Norwegian is not close to real business class.

The biggest problem with Norwegian when flying longhaul is that they are not in any allience so if something happen with their plane you will have to wait, maybe for some days.

British Airways have a few flights from London to Miami every day and they are in allience with American Airlines so if something happen they have many other flights to rebook to.

Sure, and using American FF for Business, BA charges one way pp outrageous fuel charges that would pay for 2 RT coach to Europe !!:evilsmile:

I would very upset to have my cruise cancelled less than six months out. I think I would look at other cruise lines for a cruise that will work with your flight days. Even if you have to add a couple days at a hotel in the Miami area.

I have had a cruise cancelled about 11 months out. We had not bought plane tickets yet so it was not so bad, but I think I would have felt it was safe to buy plane tickets at the six month mark.

I hope you find something that works for you. I like cruising on NCL, but also would not hesitate to try one of the other lines if this happened to me.

We chose that cruise because it was such a good deal and we are Platinum Plus members and have a lot of benefits. Already booked on a Princess cruise in August and we only would be taking that Nov NCL cruise due to it being such a bargain. I wish they would have given the reason for the cancellation. I have no desire to take a Panama Cruise as we have already done that and also Cuba holds absolutely no appeal for us. Very difficult to find anything that coordinates with the plane tickets we had. Thus I am asking for a refund.

We chose that cruise because it was such a good deal and we are Platinum Plus members and have a lot of benefits. Already booked on a Princess cruise in August and we only would be taking that Nov NCL cruise due to it being such a bargain. I wish they would have given the reason for the cancellation. I have no desire to take a Panama Cruise as we have already done that and also Cuba holds absolutely no appeal for us. Very difficult to find anything that coordinates with the plane tickets we had. Thus I am asking for a refund.

I am glad you have another cruise to look forward to, and hope you get your refund.

It would be nice if they told you why it was cancelled. I hope it was for some kind of necessary dry dock, and not a charter. I don't think it is right to cancel peoples vacations with such short notice for a charter cruise. If it was for a charter, they should tell you what group chartered the ship. It could be a group some one may want to cruise with.

I am glad you have another cruise to look forward to, and hope you get your refund.

It would be nice if they told you why it was cancelled. I hope it was for some kind of necessary dry dock, and not a charter. I don't think it is right to cancel peoples vacations with such short notice for a charter cruise. If it was for a charter, they should tell you what group chartered the ship. It could be a group some one may want to cruise with.

They didn't exactly "cancel" the cruise, they completely changed the itinerary and raised the prices big time. But they did refund deposits for those who chose not to sail the revised route.

They didn't exactly "cancel" the cruise, they completely changed the itinerary and raised the prices big time. But they did refund deposits for those who chose not to sail the revised route.

Did NCL actually give the option to those already booked to retain their reservation, with the revised itinerary, without raising their fare?

Did NCL actually give the option to those already booked to retain their reservation, with the revised itinerary, without raising their fare?

Unfortunately they actually cancelled everyone, and will not be honoring prior pricing. I won't know the total cost increase until I reach their "dedicated support line" on Monday, but I am confident with all the prior perks the price is only going up. I am disgusted with NCL, we had a total of 6 cabins booked and this is likely going to significantly change the per person rate.

I agree, it would have been nice if the reason for cancelling could have been shared. As for a charter, it would be unusual. Normally, charters are booked much further out, at least 9 months. I wonder if we will ever know the answer?

ok, so now we read on and learn they did not cancel the cruise. I have never heard of changing the itinerary, raising the price so it is totally off the wall and just cancelling everyone's reservation. I wonder why the increase in price except for maybe the added port charges and taxes as some ports do charge a lot more, but that would not be a huge increase.

I agree, it would have been nice if the reason for cancelling could have been shared. As for a charter, it would be unusual. Normally, charters are booked much further out, at least 9 months. I wonder if we will ever know the answer?

ok, so now we read on and learn they did not cancel the cruise. I have never heard of changing the itinerary, raising the price so it is totally off the wall and just cancelling everyone's reservation. I wonder why the increase in price except for maybe the added port charges and taxes as some ports do charge a lot more, but that would not be a huge increase.

Pricing is finally available and the it has basically doubled for my balcony. I am done with NCL if they think it is OK to treat me like this I will take my business (and the other 5 cabins we had booked elsewhere).

Pricing is finally available and the it has basically doubled for my balcony. I am done with NCL if they think it is OK to treat me like this I will take my business (and the other 5 cabins we had booked elsewhere).

Same situation here with the cancelled cruise and the higher prices on the new itinerary. I have been emailing the senior vice president, who sent us the letter, daily. Her secretary has responded via phone but I am not giving up and would encourage others to do the same. The 10% discount does bring the price close to what it was. Also, the are not honoring my Taxday promotion.