Carnival Fascination Elegant nights

Hey there!

I know a lot of people don't like these nights but I still enjoy them...

Was wondering if anyone knew about the formal nights when there is only one day at sea the last day of cruise... are there going to be any?

We sailed the Fascination in February. We enjoyed this cruise so much and the wonderful itinerary that we are sailing her again next February.

We found that people dressed up more for this cruise than any other recent cruises. If you enjoy dressing up, go for it! You will not feel overdressed.

Have fun, enjoy your cruise.

I was on Fascination last May. There were two elegant nights - Tuesday and Thursday. I believe it is still the same.

Yes, Tuesday and Thursday. Tuesday was the only sea day. Are you boarding in Barbados? That would explain why you say the last day is a sea day. Even so, you would have two elegant nights.

• Like 1

Yes, we are to do the Fascination next year, and I was wondering the same thing, as I love to dress to the "9's". We are leaving from San Juan, and only "1" sea day, so it is hard to imagine having 2 sea days, but maybe so????

I'm not a fan of dressing up, especially on vacation. I generally don't like missing the formal nights because they have great menus. On the first one, I had the lobster (small, but tasty) and prime rib. The second one, I had the filet mignon/short rib combo. Can you get better out there? The snobs will be quick to tell you. They were great meals though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
we are boarding in san Juan but we have islands every day til the day before debarking

So elegant nights for the Fascination porting in San Juan are Tuesday (sea day) and Thursday (Port Day - St. Lucia)?

FYI, my itinerary (in Jan 2019):

Sun - Day 1 - San Juan, Embarkation

Mon - Day 2 - St. Thomas

Tues - Day 3 - Sea Day

Wed - Day 4 - Barbados

Thurs - Day 5 - St. Lucia

Fri - Day 6 - St. Kitts

Sat - Day 7 - St. Marteen

Sun - Day 8 - San Juan, Debarkation

Trying to confirm elegant nights, so I can book a salon appointment accordingly.

• Like 1

So elegant nights for the Fascination porting in San Juan are Tuesday (sea day) and Thursday (Port Day - St. Lucia)?

FYI, my itinerary (in Jan 2019):

Sun - Day 1 - San Juan, Embarkation

Mon - Day 2 - St. Thomas

Tues - Day 3 - Sea Day

Wed - Day 4 - Barbados

Thurs - Day 5 - St. Lucia

Fri - Day 6 - St. Kitts

Sat - Day 7 - St. Marteen

Sun - Day 8 - San Juan, Debarkation

Trying to confirm elegant nights, so I can book a salon appointment accordingly.

That's correct. When I was on in May, formal nights were Tuesday and Thursday (Antigua and St. Lucia for us since we didn't have a single sea day).

Looking at the Carnival website, starting May 2019, the itinerary changes and the final day is a sea day, so that's why there is some confusion about when there is a sea day.

That's correct. When I was on in May, formal nights were Tuesday and Thursday (Antigua and St. Lucia for us since we didn't have a single sea day).

Looking at the Carnival website, starting May 2019, the itinerary changes and the final day is a sea day, so that's why there is some confusion about when there is a sea day.

I've sailed this itinerary twice. I like that they are going to change the sea day to the last day. I love, love, love this itinerary but it is EXHAUSTING! I think it would be great to have that last day to relax and unwind before the stress of traveling home the next day. I may just have to book it again to see if my theory is right :cool::cool::)

Thanks for the replies.:) Since we are leaving the end of March, that is probably right. Yes, I know we will really be on the go, but I'm thinking I might just let San Juan slid by, as I have been there several times, and try to check out the other places where I haven't been for many years.

• 1 month later...
I've sailed this itinerary twice. I like that they are going to change the sea day to the last day. I love, love, love this itinerary but it is EXHAUSTING! I think it would be great to have that last day to relax and unwind before the stress of traveling home the next day. I may just have to book it again to see if my theory is right :cool::cool::)

I am a bit concerned about being exhausted after this itinerary as well! With only one day at sea and essentially not seeing San Juan(except for the airport-lol)but wanting to see all the other islands, I can imagine it will be quite busy!

Now that I just read this, are you saying the latest change on the itinerary for next year (we are doing it the end of March), is the sea day is Saturday night? On my itinerary, it says Tuesday night for sea day. If this is correct, I don't think I would like this, as we are getting our luggage ready to put out to be picked up, and I cannot see this being formal night as well.:(

I am a bit concerned about being exhausted after this itinerary as well! With only one day at sea and essentially not seeing San Juan(except for the airport-lol)but wanting to see all the other islands, I can imagine it will be quite busy!

It is the busiest cruise we have ever done, and because of that it was not as relaxing though still tons of fun. The Fascination doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but we really didn't have time to miss them. We were up early, off the ship all day, back for a shower, drink, dinner, and a little time with a show, comedy club or alchemy bar and then off to bed.

Just back from Fascination and can confirm two "cruise elegant" attire nights. Personally, I wore a button-down shirt and slacks, no tie. DW wore a dress. We were not under-dressed by any stretch. I felt a little awkward in a long-sleeved shirt in the middle of the hot southern caribbean but it's cool enough in the dining room.

I just got back from the Fascination, currently writing this from the airport. There were 2 elegant nights. The first one was on the first sea day (Tuesday) and the next was on Thursday

We aren't required to participate in the formal nights, correct? It's just expected that we will dress up for our 6pm dinner slot in the MDR if we go there??

We aren't required to participate in the formal nights, correct? It's just expected that we will dress up for our 6pm dinner slot in the MDR if we go there??

Right, and the term "formal" is really not accurate anymore. A few people here and there will dress up in a suit but you won't see very much formal wear.

Actually, anything that would be considered "business casual" at work probably qualifies as "cruise elegant" on Carnival.

Yes. you don't have to dress up really "formal," but a lot of people do, that is the fun part of it for some of us.:) Now days, very few people dress up, and this is just ME talking, I call it the lazy way. Very few people like to dress to the "9's" like some of us do, and this is our chance (at the age of 75 - most people think I look 10 years younger:)) to do it! Yes, it takes "work" to dress up nice, and anyone can dress the lazy way, but that is just MY opinion again. I have had many strangers down through the years tell me how nice I looked and they were not just being nice to me, and that was enough to make me want to continue "dressing up" if I get a chance.