Pvp

Gold Mine Gal

Do most of you that sail Princess regularly have a personal vacation planner? First time sailing with Princess and feel I should ask for a pvp instead of trying to keep up with my booking on an unfamiliar website. I would appreciate your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We use a TA who does that for us. She keeps us straight and takes care of any problems that might come up. Tried PVP's thru Princes with no luck at all. It is against the rules to post the name of a Travel Agent on here, just for information.

Do most of you that sail Princess regularly have a personal vacation planner? First time sailing with Princess and feel I should ask for a pvp instead of trying to keep up with my booking on an unfamiliar website. I would appreciate your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Assuming that you are talking about a Princess Vacation Planner, they are probably better than not having one, but they seem to be short lived and when I had one didn't do anything special other than give me a single person contact to ask question of or call to book a cruise. I prefer a TA for the $$ benefits however, I still usually do all my own research and book the cruise myself before turning it over to the TA.

The pvp I have with Princess is very helpful. I've called on her many times to do things for me that I can't do on princess.com. It's true that these people don't seem to stay forever, and it's also true that I prefer to do everything for myself where that's possible. But Michelle sure comes in handy!

Tried a PVP once and really found we could do all she could do. There were no incentives to use the PVP plus there is a turnaround and they usually don't stay long so you are being shifted to someone new. There were never any discounts, extra perks or notice of sales. Our TA always discounts between 7 and 10% and sometimes give perks in addition to what a Princess promotion offers. IMHO, a TA is a better way to go;)

i used a pvp once. she had never been on a cruise ship. i could do everything she did (and more) on my own or with a quick call to 1-800 princess. i still book on my own but transfer to a ta for a reduced fare. op, make sure the ta you select doesn't charge for changes.