New Concerns About Quality

drfun48

if you were in SE asia....you probably noticed the amazing super ice cream that WASN'T melting in the 98 degree weather.....I don't think you want to inquire too deeply into the nature of the cow sthat provided the "cream" for your delicious treat

I love ice cream, but with all the eating on a cruise, I occasionally stop by for the M&Ms (now apparently they're W$Ws) but anyways on my last cruise one day, I knew they were fakes, because they melted in my hand, it was only 98 degrees out in SE Asia, but I was really disappointed. I went to complain at guest services, to ask for a massage to relive the stress, from having to wash my hands, but they only offered me hand sanitizer. You can see from my signature that since then, I have sailed with Disney, who has reall M&Ms, now I may never sail with Celebrity, again.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by LabGuy64

Well someone had to open THAT can of worms! Luminae! What do these people find in their candy package, anyway??? Little Godiva drops, special licorice, what?? You know they are going to waltz around the ship with their candy and taunt everyone else....we may as well be on the Queen Mary, sheesh!!

Edited by akowilm

If I email the Michael's Club Concierge in advance, will they arrange to have specific flavors of the bed time chocolates candy in my cabin when they come back in April or do I have to email the captain? If I'm not sailing in a suite, will the Captain's Club help me? I don't like the fruity or mint ones, just plain. I can't believe anyone likes to mix those fake flavors with perfectly good chocolate and it would ruin my cruise to have to eat flavors of chocolate I don't like.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I understand that the quality of the Sour Patch Kids went downhill when they started contracting them out rather than just hiring them as employees. The turnover is ridiculous.

So, now that the Sour Patch Kids are 'contracted' rather then 'employed' - that means we don't have to tip them anymore, right? ;)

Well someone had to open THAT can of worms! Luminae! What do these people find in their candy package, anyway??? Little Godiva drops, special licorice, what?? You know they are going to waltz around the ship with their candy and taunt everyone else....we may as well be on the Queen Mary, sheesh!!

... no worries. got to be discreet about this...

if you want a taste of the good stuff, look for us after dinner outside the photo shop, we'll have the Bon-bons and truffles from Luminae.

bring something to trade... :cool:

if you want a taste of the good stuff, look for us after dinner outside the photo shop, we'll have the Bon-bons and truffles from Luminae.

Are they the "freshly" made Bon-bons or the previously "fresh" made Bon-bons that are flash-frozen?

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Are they the "freshly" made Bon-bons or the previously "fresh" made Bon-bons that are flash-frozen?

They use frozen bon-bons, OMG, the horror! :eek: I only eat my bon bons fresh from the cow, and off the coco tree, once you freeze and process the beans, it just isn't the same.

Edited by need2bespoiled

"Freshly" made of course!

The flash-frozen ones are served on RCL ships.

X does have certain standards!

Edited by C-Dragons

I am ashamed to say, you just made my morning!

:D why is it that someone else's misery is so amusing? In the USA we call it rubber necking, and maybe why hokey and football are so popular.

Glad you enjoyed :D I couldn't stop laughing.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Just another example of Celebrity moving to the Class system!

If you smuggle the rum in a Rum Runner bladder, you can mix it with your ice cream and still enjoy. :cool:

Why stop at smuggling rum? Might as well smuggle the raisins, too. I'm sure there's a way to disguise them so that you don't get sent to the naughty room.

I hate to tell you they still have the juice machine on the Vision of the Seas. It was sooo good.:D

Wow, there is a juice machine on the RCL ships that dispenses freshly made candies?!

Will wonders never cease!

Were they candied orange peels by any chance?

:D why is it that someone else's misery is so amusing? In the USA we call it rubber necking, and maybe why hokey and football are so popular.

Glad you enjoyed :D I couldn't stop laughing.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

There's a word for this! Schadenfreude... It means happiness at the misfortune of others. I guess it's just human nature at its finest :D

Curly Wurlys are only available in Blu on formal nights.

Come on! Really? Does my husband need to wear a suit and tie to get them? Or can he wear a suit jacket over his tee shirt? If we are Aqua and can get them in Blu, can our brother's ex-wife's sister's second cousin staying in an inside stateroom come with us and grab a handful? If they are Elites?

Come on! Really? Does my husband need to wear a suit and tie to get them? Or can he wear a suit jacket over his tee shirt? If we are Aqua and can get them in Blu, can our brother's ex-wife's sister's second cousin staying in an inside stateroom come with us and grab a handful? If they are Elites?

Although the dress code for Blu is smart casual every night, those who want Curly Wurlys must dress in formal attire - tux for men, cocktail dress for women. They must also have the Premium Candy Package. These rules are strictly enforced. The distant relative is out of luck.

I have been waging a crusade,if I can use that word without offending someone or have a moderator delete my post on the grounds of political incorrectness, against the placement of mini pepper mill grinders on the tables.

I long for the days gone by when the waiter would mill my pepper for me

Last cruise I suffered a sprained wrist milling and found it difficult to lift my martinis

What's next,removing your pie lobster tail from its shell,

I have been waging a crusade,if I can use that word without offending someone or have a moderator delete my post on the grounds of political incorrectness, against the placement of mini pepper mill grinders on the tables.

I long for the days gone by when the waiter would mill my pepper for me

Last cruise I suffered a sprained wrist milling and found it difficult to lift my martinis

What's next,removing your pie lobster tail from its shell,

Are the moderators conservatives? I thought they were moderates.