Drink package - after 15 are you shut off?

heffa72

It doesn't seem that everyone has the same experience - some people have been absolutely cut off after 15, and the computer won't ring it in anymore for that S&S card. Some people claim they have been served afterwards. Safest bet is to stop at 13-14, pay cash for the rest of the drinks you want, and have your 15th as your nightcap. You can pay inbetween, just not after you hit #15

The rule is to stop you at 15 on the drink package but it does depend on the bar tender. Find the cool one and you have no limit. 15 is easy to get to if you're buying a couple of buckets at the comedy club for you and your friends but again depending on the server, they'll charge you for 1 on your package and the others on your Sign/Sail card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The rule is to stop you at 15 on the drink package but it does depend on the bar tender. Find the cool one and you have no limit. 15 is easy to get to if you're buying a couple of buckets at the comedy club for you and your friends but again depending on the server, they'll charge you for 1 on your package and the others on your Sign/Sail card.

The only way you can get buckets, or buy rounds, with your Cheers is to charge 1 to Cheers and they will charge the rest to your S&S. Therefore, 1 counts against your limit.

The only way you can get buckets, or buy rounds, with your Cheers is to charge 1 to Cheers and they will charge the rest to your S&S. Therefore, 1 counts against your limit.

I've gotten the CHEERS twice and for me it again depends on crew. Just like I've been on 8 cruises and not all are great when it comes to hospitality. First time was strictly to save money and i wasn't on a drinking mood so it worked great. Second time i was with lots of friends, made new friends and it just became a pain in the butt.... lol

Both of the last comments are mostly true. Example, I'm drinking a beer and three new friends walk up. They will allow you to "purchase" three drinks for those individuals. None of which will count towards your 15. On the other hand, If myself and three friends walk up to the bar, I order a drink for all 4 of us, one drink would then count towards the daily limit. My experience on the CHEERS package has been mostly positive, with the occasional hiccup.

One example of something that has happened to me. Myself and a few friends are on a bachelor party so drinks are flowing and we are nearing our limit. I just try to purchase friends drinks without getting myself one and have been refused service because the bartender knew that everyone in my group had the CHEERS package and were getting close to our 15th drink. The staff pays pretty close attention. Our plans to go above and beyond 15 that night were quickly slowed(not that we needed any more) haha I've purchased the cheers on the past 5-7 cruises i'd say and my upcoming rip in February i will purchase again.

I hit my 15 on my last cruise. I drink mostly the fancy cocktails which have very little alcohol in them. In fact, if you watch when they make a frozen cocktail, they put the ice, the syrup and the one shot in the blender. They mix it all up in the blender and every single time they make waay too much and will not give you the rest - it stays in the blender. Not sure if they resell it or wash it down the drain. I asked the bartender why I couldn't have the full drink since I was really only getting 1/2 of the shot and he said "that's how it's done". So, when drinks are mixed this way you really aren't getting much alcohol. Once I got to my 15 my husband tried to buy me a drink and the bartender said no. I was not drunk at all