Need a Cruise Do Over

july2012

just back from Vista !

Nice ship, clean ship, good food.

I did not do any ship activities I was sick from 2nd day on! Weather was blah and pouring rain on last port stop Cozumel!!!

I turned in early each night, on day sleep most of the day!

But the Mom ‘s and son’s (HS graduate s) I was with seem to have a good time!

My son got sick on last day and now we are both home still sick me getting better my son just starting !

Oh and the plane delays due to weather and then plane mechanical issues we arrive hours late in Miami, so glad we went Day early!

Did not take many pictures either

But we all are safe and we did get in a lot of laughs and I got tons of rest!!

Just not a typical cruise vacation and I wish I could just do over!

Oh the best thing was visiting Bob Marley resting place long ride up the mountain but very much worth it!!

Thanks for reading my vent

just back from Vista !

Nice ship, clean ship, good food.

I did not do any ship activities I was sick from 2nd day on! Weather was blah and pouring rain on last port stop Cozumel!!!

I turned in early each night, on day sleep most of the day!

But the Mom ‘s and son’s (HS graduate s) I was with seem to have a good time!

My son got sick on last day and now we are both home still sick me getting better my son just starting !

Oh and the plane delays due to weather and then plane mechanical issues we arrive hours late in Miami, so glad we went Day early!

Did not take many pictures either

But we all are safe and we did get in a lot of laughs and I got tons of rest!!

Just not a typical cruise vacation and I wish I could just do over!

Oh the best thing was visiting Bob Marley resting place long ride up the mountain but very much worth it!!

Thanks for reading my vent

Sorry to hear you were sick....I have been to the Bob Marley grave/home 2x and loved it. A great excursion.

I hope you get a do over soon!!!!

One of my cruises was about 2 weeks after we buried my father. I didn’t do much— sat on the balcony a lot. Cried a lot. Slept a lot.

It was great to be taken care of— no cooking, cleaning or having to think. I could just do whatever my body needed.

I think it’s a good idea to have a grief cruise.

I think it would be similar if sick— not fun, but as good a place as any to be sick.

It happens. Just went on a cruise with my wife who is pregnant. Beforehand she was experiencing very little to no morning sickness. Then we got on the cruise and it hit her hard. Morning sickness and exhaustion. She slept half of the day for one or two days while I grabbed her food or she ordered room service. I always hate seeing someone sick on vacation. Hope you get a do over next time and have a fantastic time.

One of my cruises was about 2 weeks after we buried my father. I didn’t do much— sat on the balcony a lot. Cried a lot. Slept a lot.

It was great to be taken care of— no cooking, cleaning or having to think. I could just do whatever my body needed.

I think it’s a good idea to have a grief cruise.

I think it would be similar if sick— not fun, but as good a place as any to be sick.

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear you and your son were sick on your cruise. I've had that happen before and can say the best thing about it is being able to drag myself to the buffet at lunch and supper to get hot homemade soup before dragging myself back to bed.

Hope you're both better and get a cruise do-over very soon.

Thanks for all the replies

No telling when I will get a cruise do over!!! But I love cruising so hopefully by 2020 I will have another planned and will make sure to take extra vitamins and get rest before traveling

Nothing worse than being sick away from home. We now carry an extensive array of ‘what if’ meds because we couldn’t get them when we needed them.

Hope you and your son recover quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We went on a cruise right before our son's senior year of HS (last real family vacay, as he would be going to the Naval Academy, leaving in June the next summer.) All was well during the cruise, but on the way home, one by one we started to get sick. When we finally made it home, we all fell into bed half conscious. After a couple of days, we decided one of us had to get up and go to the dr, so we drew straws. We all just had a terrible virus evidently. We were all four in bed for an entire week, I was in bed for another week (I get pneumonia every time I get a cold or anything.) Our son missed the first two days of the school year. It was a DISASTER!! After I finally recovered I didn't even remember that we had been on a cruise - I still look at the photos and think "really, we did that?" ;p