Majesty of the Seas Drydock 1/24-2/4 2018

ew101

Wrong direction- Is there a ship rumored to move to PC to take her place?

I'm mixed up. I was talking about Enchantment in Miami now, going to Galveston. Did I miss something about MJ leaving PC?

No I'm mixed up. I thought we were talking about the MJ but it was the EN

All I know is that Mariner gets to replace EN at Miami. Bummed about Mariner not coming to PC. However, maybe that means Voyager will go to PC when Majesty leaves (which I've not heard anything about).

All I know is that Mariner gets to replace EN at Miami. Bummed about Mariner not coming to PC. However, maybe that means Voyager will go to PC when Majesty leaves (which I've not heard anything about).

Gosh I sure hope so. I was so elated when EX came here for one season doing the 9 night southern route as a third home ship at PC. All cruise dates sailed full...then nothing. :confused: Not like there was no a demand for that alternative choice. :mad:

Would love to see a mid size ship here again, and especially a third ship indeed.

It would have been pretty cool to have Mariner back here where she first started...she was my very first RCI cruise. Bummed out also. :(

• 3 weeks later...

I guess we are booked on the last cruise with Majesty we sail out on the 19th Jan 5 night cruise. I hope there are no changes my family are coming to Canada for a visit and then we are going on this cruise. It will be the 1st time hubby and I have been on a smaller ship. We have been on the Oasis 2 times The Allure once and our next cruise after this one is on the Harmony. I imagine we are going to feel the rock of the ship a lot more than on the bigger ships.

I guess we are booked on the last cruise with Majesty we sail out on the 19th Jan 5 night cruise. I hope there are no changes my family are coming to Canada for a visit and then we are going on this cruise. It will be the 1st time hubby and I have been on a smaller ship. We have been on the Oasis 2 times The Allure once and our next cruise after this one is on the Harmony. I imagine we are going to feel the rock of the ship a lot more than on the bigger ships.

We have been on Majesty 3 times. She does rock more than the Oasis class ships, but not a lot more.

Captain Goran on MJ in September said the lengthy dry dock was needed to "take care of many things below decks that the guests never see".

Chops was rumored for a long time to be placed where Compass Deli is now and other close by space. Captain Goran also said that Chops is now being planned for half of the Viking Crown lounge and now there will be plenty of time do make that happen. And that Compass Deli, Johnny Rockets and Sorrento's take a lot of pressure off MJ's smaller Windjammer.

Rick and Deirdra

I have never thought of the Windjammer on the Majesty as small. It's probably the only Windjammer that we don't spend so much time looking for a table.

I have never thought of the Windjammer on the Majesty as small. It's probably the only Windjammer that we don't spend so much time looking for a table.

I agree, plus there are tables to use in Sorrento's upstairs. Radiance class Windjammer seems smaller.

Wow, I went on this ship in 1992 when it was brand new. I can't believe they haven't sold it yet. It's a great size, not too big.

It was supposedly sold awhile back...then the Cuba market opened up...they cancelled the sale and bought back

Empress as well.

I'm wondering if they floor up the open areas of WJ to add sqft to deck 12

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Compass Deli seems a bit small for Chops I should think? Very interesting to see the end result of the long

dry dock indeed.

We are booked on Majesty January 19th 5 night cruise and I booked a 4 night cruise on Majesty for April, 2018 while on Empress last week.

I asked about Majesty drydock and agent said all they were aware of was cosmetic touch ups like new carpet and fixing issues that have been present for some time. I asked the same question to C&A and received the same answer. No one is aware of Chops coming to Majesty. Darn. Not a fan of MDR on any ship. We were not impressed with Chef's Table on Oasis but have read good reports about it on Majesty. Should we try Chefs on Majesty? Is there ever a reduced price? I got a great deal on Oasis.

Grace

We are booked on Majesty January 19th 5 night cruise and I booked a 4 night cruise on Majesty for April, 2018 while on Empress last week.

I asked about Majesty drydock and agent said all they were aware of was cosmetic touch ups like new carpet and fixing issues that have been present for some time. I asked the same question to C&A and received the same answer. No one is aware of Chops coming to Majesty. Darn. Not a fan of MDR on any ship. We were not impressed with Chef's Table on Oasis but have read good reports about it on Majesty. Should we try Chefs on Majesty? Is there ever a reduced price? I got a great deal on Oasis.

Grace

We did Chef's Table on MJ last June. They had recently changed the course offering, was not impressed with the new one. Though I did think the wine course pairings were better.

Compass Deli seems a bit small for Chops I should think? Very interesting to see the end result of the long

dry dock indeed.

We were there for breakfast this morning, that's why I was questioning adding a floor to the forward section of deck 12. Lots of windows

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Grace

The first time we sailed Majesty in 2016 we were offered (and accepted) the Chef's table at a nice discount while eating in the Windjammer just after boarding the ship. :cool:

Hummmm maybe I book her for March?

Thank you Bob! I am so into the Oasis class but sometimes we like a last minute getaway and I think the Majesty be perfect.

I just noticed online it closes at 6:30 pm, so for a snack what else is there to eat besides pizza after 10:30pm?