Cruising Oasis

Tiggercat

We are flying into Orlando next month to cruise on Oasis. Are there any hotels somewhere between the airport and Port Canaveral?

There is very little between the airport and Port Canaveral. If you need a place to stay, I'd either stay in the airport area or go all the way to Cocoa Beach.

No your best to stay close to the port so that when you get up. you have little drive to get to the pier....we stay at the Residence Inn Port Canaveral....the Country Inn & Suites is closed due to hurricane damage from what I still hearing, then there is the new Homewood Suites there and there is the Radisoon but I can't stand that place, so old, outdates, the ac don't get cool enough for us but its the cheapest place as far as price, for a reason.

Agree....best to stay at a hotel near the port. Most offer free transport to the ship in the morning. Several are within sight of the ships.

Do a search on Port Canaveral hotels (Cocoa Beach is a few miles south),

and you will find them.

This will eliminate any possible problems with transportation worries getting

to Port Canaveral from Orlando that morning. (35-40 miles away).

Always a possibility of a rocket launcher if you stay near port. Could be one tonight that tomorrow's Oasis passengers might enjoy.

3:30 am or so. [emoji33]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Ahh..thanks for the reminder! Wakey..wakey everyone!! :eek::D

We flew from the UK to Orlando last Feb for our B2B on Oasis and drove straight to the port and stayed in the Country Inn. It was fine but a little pricey. I think if we did this again we would stay local to the airport and drive to the port the next day as there is more choice of hotels and places to eat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP there are so many wonderful places to eat and many right on the water.....just less than a mile away are my favorite Rustys seafood and oyster bar indoor/outdoor dining on water, Fishlips waterfront, Millikens Reef waterfront, Grills Seafood Deck & Tiki Bar.

OP there are so many wonderful places to eat and many right on the water.....just less than a mile away are my favorite Rustys seafood and oyster bar indoor/outdoor dining on water, Fishlips waterfront, Millikens Reef waterfront, Grills Seafood Deck & Tiki Bar.
lip

We love Fishlips. Their Cajun angels are awesome ( bacon wrapped scallops). We have taken all of our grandchildren over the past couple of summers there to watch the ships sail out. There little eyes get huge as the ships pass right by them, especially when we watched the Oasis sail away. Of course now that we have shown them the ships, they are expecting to go on one. :eek:

We are flying into Orlando next month to cruise on Oasis. Are there any hotels somewhere between the airport and Port Canaveral?

We are sailing on Oasis tomorrow (Oct 15) and are staying at the Homewood Suites. It’s our second time using this hotel before a cruise and we could not be happier. A hot breakfast and reception (mon - thu) are included. The pool and deck area are great with a tiki bar and fire feature. You can see the ships in port too!

We had dinner tonight at fishlips. I would recommend this place or if you are in Cocoa, try long doggers.

EllenCMP

We are sailing on Oasis tomorrow (Oct 15) and are staying at the Homewood Suites. It’s our second time using this hotel before a cruise and we could not be happier. A hot breakfast and reception (mon - thu) are included. The pool and deck area are great with a tiki bar and fire feature. You can see the ships in port too!

We had dinner tonight at fishlips. I would recommend this place or if you are in Cocoa, try long doggers.

EllenCMP

Another vote for Fishlips. We ate there a few years ago. DW still talks about how good it was.

We did a one way car rental and drove to Cocoa Beach stayed at Homewood Suites couldn't have been happier lots of excellent sea view restaurants nearby.

Plus you are only a matter of a few miles and minutes away from the cruise terminal and have no worries about potential traffic problems on the morning of your cruise.

Edited by Norwich Cruiser
Spelling error

October 14, 30 and November 28 only scheduled launches.

I didn't mention about the one this morning as the OP was not cruising this week. Yes, they can change dates due to issues but the list that I gave is the most current one.

OK...which one went on the 14th?

This morning's launch was moved several times

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I think there were four previous attempts. Weather and technical, from

what I understand.

Still would not have seen it if not for your timely update! Thanks again!

We rent a car from airport, drive to cocoa beach. We can buy drink stuff there, and get a good night’s sleep. The next morning we used to drive to the car rental place, but last time we went to the beach for 2 hours. All the car rental places have free shuttle to the port! It is such an easy and cheaper way to come I the night before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sailed last Sunday and that launch was suppose to go off on Saturday (7th) around 4:00 AM, but then got postponed until Tuesday. Bummer as we were already long gone. Now I am really bummed it went off Saturday and nobody on the ship made any announcement.

We did two nights pre-cruise at the Doubletree Melbourne. It was nice and the food in the restaurant was phenomenal. Try the garlic crab fries.