New! Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle Parties On Board Regent Seven Seas Cruises

LauraS

• Administrators

Hello Everyone!

We're pleased to announce that we have entered into a partnership with Regent Seven Seas Cruises to offer you Official Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle parties on board all of their ships!

Registration begins today for sailings and will allow you to enjoy an opportunity to get acquainted with fellow cruisers with whom you've communicated here on Cruise Critic. The first parties will be held on board:

Seven Seas Explorer: May 11, 2017

Seven Seas Mariner: May 13, 2017

Seven Seas Navigator: May 13, 2017

Seven Seas Voyager: May 02, 2017

Click here to Register to Attend a Meet & Mingle and for more information.

Regent Seven Seas Cruises will be providing a private lounge (or other venue) as well a hosted one-hour cocktail party with hors d’oeuvres. Your will receive an invitation delivered directly to your stateroom with the date, time and location of the party.

This makes it easier than ever to meet up with your Cruise Critic friends; some of whom you've been chatting with online for months, even years! Be sure you invite your family and friends to take advantage of this great offering from Cruise Critic and, especially, the hospitality from Regent Seven Seas Cruises!

Laura

Note: Parties will be held when there are a total of twelve (12) persons registered to attend. Registration closes 30 days prior to sail date.

Bravo Cruise Critic and Regent!

Kudos Laura for making this pairing happen--will make a difference for many new Regent guests boarding a Regent ship the first time and make it turnkey for Seven Seas Society to meet & mingle.

Thanks again for going above & beyond to make Regent & Cruise critic meet & Mingles happen.

Bravo Cruise Critic and Regent!

Kudos Laura for making this pairing happen--will make a difference for many new Regent guests boarding a Regent ship the first time and make it turnkey for Seven Seas Society to meet & mingle.

Thanks again for going above & beyond to make Regent & Cruise critic meet & Mingles happen.

And Bravo & Kudos to WesW for his efforts in this regard ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Poss - It is quite easy to learn how many people have signed on. One simply clicks on the "Meet & Mingle" subject near the top of the CC page and follows the instructions to identify first the cruise line, then the ship, and finally the sailing date at issue. Once the date has been selected, there is directly below the date the opportunity to click on the item "Click here to see current registered users". The CC registered names are shown, along with the number of guests in the party.

When the number of guests has met the minimum number of 12, the CC members who have signed on will receive an email message from CC similar to this:

CONGRATULATIONS! There is going to be a Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle aboard your Regent Seven Seas Cruise that you helped organize on the 2019-03-28 sailing of Seven Seas Mariner. During the cruise, you will receive an invitation delivered to your stateroom regarding the day, time, and location of the Meet & Mingle. In the meantime, you can meet your fellow cruisers on the Regent Seven Seas Cruises forum online at our Cruise Critic community and invite them to join the get together when you click here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

For the historical record regarding the recently-begun Cruise Critic-sponsored Meet & Mingle (M&M) event facilitated by Regent's onboard staff.

My wife and I had a very-positive experience on our still-ongoing Miami-Amazon River-Miami Navigator cruise. Have just-cleared the Amazon River, eastbound, en route to Devil's Island. Plan to remain onboard.

This M&M opportunity occurred about two weeks ago after departing Miami. Great customer group assembled which was joined by the Cruise Director and several senior Ship's staff.

The above perspective will be repeated in my after-cruise evaluation.

GOARMY!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Already had a Hong Kong to Bangkok trip on Voyager lined up for April 2018 - started a roll call thread a long while back but still not much interest, even now, so not sure how a "meet & greet" will go tbh.

Also, just booked 2 further cruises, Explorer - 20 days in the Med in May 2019 and a Sydney to Auckland trip on Voyager for Jan 2020. Think it is a little bit early for roll calls and far too premature to be thinking about meet & greets.

The concept is fine but I'm probably happier with a more casual, informal means of getting acquainted than the spot of "staged" get togethers. It wouldn't be the most essential feature of the cruise experience for me but I am always interested in putting faces to user names. Anyone on Voyager next April - 8 to 22 - have a look at the roll call and we may see you on board. I'll worry about the other 2 trips later.

• 2 months later...
Already had a Hong Kong to Bangkok trip on Voyager lined up for April 2018 - started a roll call thread a long while back but still not much interest, even now, so not sure how a "meet & greet" will go tbh.

Also, just booked 2 further cruises, Explorer - 20 days in the Med in May 2019 and a Sydney to Auckland trip on Voyager for Jan 2020. Think it is a little bit early for roll calls and far too premature to be thinking about meet & greets.

The concept is fine but I'm probably happier with a more casual, informal means of getting acquainted than the spot of "staged" get togethers. It wouldn't be the most essential feature of the cruise experience for me but I am always interested in putting faces to user names. Anyone on Voyager next April - 8 to 22 - have a look at the roll call and we may see you on board. I'll worry about the other 2 trips later. ��

I will be on your cruise in April. Already checked in with the roll call. I did a "meet & greet" on another cruise line, and it was very nice. Happened very near the beginning of the cruise (maybe the first evening around cocktail time). Got a chance to put some names with faces and chat informally for a while. Not rigidly structured at all.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

Not sure where to post my question. I am a Cruise Critic member who is currently on the Regent Navigator world cruise 2018. We have just learned about the mix and mingle gatherings each segment. Can someone please tell us the dates, times and locations for these meetings. Evidently, there was a registration period of which we were unaware and are now unable to utilize. Thanks so much.

happyretiredgrama, xrvlcruiser is also on board the WC with you now.

Will send her a message, am confident she knows when the M&M will be help and can share dates and times with you.

You can go down to reception and or visit the Cruise Director and ask them for the dates & times. Plus in the passages, generally they post the dates and times for the M&M's

Hope you are having a terrific WC.

happyretiredgrama,

The M&M was held on February 27th for this segment and I don't know what the date is for the next. Wes is right - ask at Reception or ask Jamie toward the end of this segment for information for the next one. I don't think the CC M&M is posted in Passages.

There is still time to register for the 4/7/18 and 4/30/18 M&M on line. The link is: https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall/cruiselinel2.cfm?cruiselineid=29

By registering, you should receive an invitation to the next M&M on board.

Hope this helps . . . . Peggy

Hello Everyone!

We're pleased to announce that we have entered into a partnership with Regent Seven Seas Cruises to offer you Official Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle parties on board all of their ships!

Registration begins today for sailings and will allow you to enjoy an opportunity to get acquainted with fellow cruisers with whom you've communicated here on Cruise Critic. The first parties will be held on board:

Seven Seas Explorer: May 11, 2017

Seven Seas Mariner: May 13, 2017

Seven Seas Navigator: May 13, 2017

Seven Seas Voyager: May 02, 2017

Click here to Register to Attend a Meet & Mingle and for more information.

Regent Seven Seas Cruises will be providing a private lounge (or other venue) as well a hosted one-hour cocktail party with hors d’oeuvres. Your will receive an invitation delivered directly to your stateroom with the date, time and location of the party.

This makes it easier than ever to meet up with your Cruise Critic friends; some of whom you've been chatting with online for months, even years! Be sure you invite your family and friends to take advantage of this great offering from Cruise Critic and, especially, the hospitality from Regent Seven Seas Cruises!

Laura

Note: Parties will be held when there are a total of twelve (12) persons registered to attend. Registration closes 30 days prior to sail date.

Just missed the "30-day prior to sail date", as I only discovered this forum today, and we are sailing on April 4 on Voyager (after 2 prior Mariner voyages). But, we're booked on three future Regent cruises, so I'll be sure to sign up in time for those.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I started a roll call for 8/25/18 Voyager, Barcelona to Venice and haven’t had another post yet. I also signed up for the m&m today and hoping for better luck on it! So far only two people, that would be us :)

• 2 months later...

Update on Regent & Cruise Critic's meet & mingle; today spoke with Regent's group coordinator (she works closely with the cruise critic meet & mingle point of contact).

Please see Jennifer's email below on the new system Regent and CC has for the meet & mingle program:

---------- Original Message ----------

Cc: "meet_and_mingle@cruisecritic.com" <meet_and_mingle@cruisecritic.com>

Date: August 21, 2018 at 11:14 AM

Subject: RE: Meet & Mingle coordination for Mariner, Oct 10th-Nov1 voyage (Miami to Honolulu)

Hi Wes,

We actually have a new system in place. Cruise Critic’s Community Manager sends over all of the Meet and Mingle requests.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Jennifer Bartlett | Group Coordinator

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

11340 Blondo St.| Omaha Ne | 68134

Jennifer, let me know that based on Regent's recent (since inception last May) experience with the meet & mingle program, they have learned that generally (depending on the sailing) the late morning on the 3rd or 4th day of the cruise works best for holding the meet & mingles.

If you register for a Regent and CC Meet & Mingle (Jennifer told me, thanks to Travelcat's input) you can expect to have your meet & mingle invitation put in your suite on embarkation day.

Believe these changes will further help make Regent & Cruise Critic's meet & mingle program more successful.

Jennifer, let me know that based on Regent's recent (since inception last May) experience with the meet & mingle program, they have learned that generally (depending on the sailing) the late morning on the 3rd or 4th day of the cruise works best for holding the meet & mingles.

If you register for a Regent and CC Meet & Mingle (Jennifer told me, thanks to Travelcat's input) you can expect to have your meet & mingle invitation put in your suite on embarkation day.

Believe these changes will further help make Regent & Cruise Critic's meet & mingle program more successful.

Thanks for the update, Wes.

This is very useful for those of us who do want to attend the Meet & Mingle events co-ordinated by CC and organised on board by Regent.

It makes perfect sense for Regent personnel on-board to determine the date and time for the event, but it will be good if Regent makes more effort to ensure that details are given to guests on embarkation day so that they can plan their schedule to suit.

It is impossible to please everyone with respect to the timing. It would be totally impractical, and inconvenient, (for both guests and staff) for Regent to organise a CC event on embarkation day.

Obviously CC members are at liberty to organise their own additional ad-hoc arrangements to meet in one of the venues on board at a time they all agree but we are simply looking forward to the "official" Meet & Mingles on future Regent cruises :)

The problem as I see it with M&M scheduling is that embarkation day is so hectic, getting settled in and unpacked, and just exploring the ship (if it’s new to you). Although I enjoy meeting fellow CCers, I just want to rest and clean up for dinner after sail away. Then if you’re on a port-intensive itinerary as we will be in the Baltic, it’s port stops every day, all day for almost the entire trip. After touring until 6 or 7 pm during the day, I just want to put my tired feet up and rest. (The fact that Regent doesn’t include a footstool/ottoman in the suites annoys me no end!). We don’t get a sea day until almost the end of the cruise! When can we squeeze in a M&M?