P&O sold Adonia but will not give us our deposits back on a Back to Back cruise.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your P&O cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:33 AM.
UK
1,411 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
I didn’t have a cruise booked on Adonia but just wanted to say how appalling it is you haven’t got your money back yet! It’s not like it was just a small amount either.
Really hope you get it back soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Gold Coast
10,188 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by NSWP
Well here we are again, still awaiting our Adonia refunds due to sale of ship, more than 6 weeks after announcement of sale to Azamara.

After several enquiries with P&O and our agent..the latest story is...P&O held onto our almost $2000 deposits until after 27 October, hoping we would transfer our deposits to another cruise, no sir, I said, please send it back to us. Then last week I contact P&O again, they tell me they are sending it 'this week to our agent.' So last Friday, my agent contacts me and says 'can we have your bank details so as we can refund your deposits'. So I did. Tuesday, get the same request. Today, am still waiting, so I contact agent yesterday and they say 'our finance dept is working on your refund.' Now if I was on a ship right now I would jump overboard.

I trust all the other thousands of Adonia cruisers who had their cruises cancelled have received their deposits back by now.

So for us, bye bye P&O, bye bye Agent (when we get our deposits back !!) As I said a month or so ago, all a shambles.

So I might let you know when we get our money, if I am still on the planet.
Please tell me you have received your full refund due in to your bank account!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Marion
Hurtigruten - Fram - 2014 - Ushuaia to Antarctica, via Falkland Islands and South Georgia Islands.
Princess - Ocean Princess - 2013 - Dover to Iceland and Norway, via Shetland and Faroe Islands.

Princess - Ocean Princess - 2012 - Singapore to Sydney
Fred Olsen Black Watch - 2012 - The Baltic, with Norway. Dover to St. Petersburg, via Kiel Canal.
Celebrity Century - 2011 - Auckland to Sydney

CTMA Vacancier - 2011 - Montreal to Magdalen Islands. Amtrak - Toronto to New York
MSC - Poesia - 2010 - Kiel, Germany to NY. Amtrak NY to Niagara Falls, VIA Rail Toronto to Vancouver
MSC - Lirica - 2008 - Genoa, Italy to Fort Lauderdale
Royal Caribbean - Rhapsody of the Seas - 2007 - Honolulu to Sydney
Rivers of Holland Cruise - 2003 - to Amsterdam
Alaskan Marine Highway - 2003 - to most Alaskan ports of call
Star Cruises - Superstar Leo - 2003 - Sydney to Darwin
Norwegian Coastal Voyage - Naruik - 2002 - Bergen to Kirkenes
Angelina Lauro - 1971 - Sydney to Perth. Indian Pacific - Perth to Sydney (Put me off cruising for 30 years!)

P & O - Chusan - 1970 - London to Brisbane, via Africa, India and Sri Lanka (Suez closed).
Chandris Lines - Queen Frederica - 1969 - Sydney to London, via Panama, New York and Rotterdam
Batehaven, Australia
10,083 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by MMDown Under
Please tell me you have received your full refund due in to your bank account!
Hi Marion, well, after 7 weeks of waiting for P&O and our agent. Our deposit refunds on cancelled Adonia cruises x 2, due to ship sale, arrived today, Monday 13 Nov. We only got what we paid them, no extras for CC charges, interest etc.

To say I am cranky with both P&O and the Agent, is an understatement, it was me chasing them all the time. To wait 7 weeks with little explanation is unacceptable.

Thanks to all on here for their interest and support. Happy Cruising.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers..(Uncle) LES - Princess Captains Circle Elite. - 460 days.

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

**Last cruise: Queen Mary 2 - Sydney - HK, 16 nights, 2 - 18 March 2017.

**Next: (We were booked on Adonia x 2, but they sold the ship on us.)
Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights B2B with..
Sapphire Princess - 2 June 2018, Baltic Heritage, ex Southampton - 14 nights.
Royal Princess - 18 June 2018 - British Isles, ex Southampton - 12 nights.

'Adventure before Dementia - Live for Today !!'
Gold Coast
10,188 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Hi Marion, well, after 7 weeks of waiting for P&O and our agent. Our deposit refunds on cancelled Adonia cruises x 2, due to ship sale, arrived today, Monday 13 Nov. We only got what we paid them, no extras for CC charges, interest etc.
To say I am cranky with both P&O and the Agent, is an understatement, it was me chasing them all the time. To wait 7 weeks with little explanation is unacceptable.
Delighted to hear the good news re your overdue refund. A letter of apology from P&O(UK) wouldn't go astray.

I hope P&O(UK) have put systems in place so this kind of unreasonable delay doesn't happen again next time they sell a ship from under their pre-paid passengers.

And yes, P&O(UK) is now off my wish list.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Marion
Hurtigruten - Fram - 2014 - Ushuaia to Antarctica, via Falkland Islands and South Georgia Islands.
Princess - Ocean Princess - 2013 - Dover to Iceland and Norway, via Shetland and Faroe Islands.

Princess - Ocean Princess - 2012 - Singapore to Sydney
Fred Olsen Black Watch - 2012 - The Baltic, with Norway. Dover to St. Petersburg, via Kiel Canal.
Celebrity Century - 2011 - Auckland to Sydney

CTMA Vacancier - 2011 - Montreal to Magdalen Islands. Amtrak - Toronto to New York
MSC - Poesia - 2010 - Kiel, Germany to NY. Amtrak NY to Niagara Falls, VIA Rail Toronto to Vancouver
MSC - Lirica - 2008 - Genoa, Italy to Fort Lauderdale
Royal Caribbean - Rhapsody of the Seas - 2007 - Honolulu to Sydney
Rivers of Holland Cruise - 2003 - to Amsterdam
Alaskan Marine Highway - 2003 - to most Alaskan ports of call
Star Cruises - Superstar Leo - 2003 - Sydney to Darwin
Norwegian Coastal Voyage - Naruik - 2002 - Bergen to Kirkenes
Angelina Lauro - 1971 - Sydney to Perth. Indian Pacific - Perth to Sydney (Put me off cruising for 30 years!)

P & O - Chusan - 1970 - London to Brisbane, via Africa, India and Sri Lanka (Suez closed).
Chandris Lines - Queen Frederica - 1969 - Sydney to London, via Panama, New York and Rotterdam
Sunderland England
5,159 Posts
Joined Dec 2016

Happy for you that they finally gave you your money back.
It was disgraceful it took so long.
bucks
643 Posts
Joined Apr 2012

Its appalling that it took so long. Wonder what would have happened if you hadn't pushed
I really think P&O have come out very badly over the whole Adonia business. Theres a relatively small number of pax involved so I think they thought they didn't have to treat them particularly well