Star MDR

MsSoCalCruiser

Need to sign off for now but just wanted to let anyone know that is about to board the Star Princess... The MDR probably is the best I’ve had in 23 cruises (various lines)!
Linda, great to hear! Hope you’ve enjoyed your cruise. Let’s get together soon. :)

Need to sign off for now but just wanted to let anyone know that is about to board the Star Princess... The MDR probably is the best I’ve had in 23 cruises (various lines)!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is great to know. We will be on the Star this September. Also because last October on the Star the Club Class dining was very lacking 😎

Solid agreement here. Over the last two weeks, the MDR food has been served properly cooked, at the right temperature and well-plated.

I’ve even been coaxed into the Horizon Court a few times (never on the last 20ish Cruises) and been very, very pleased, and I’m a tough customer.

Solid agreement here. Over the last two weeks, the MDR food has been served properly cooked, at the right temperature and well-plated.

I’ve even been coaxed into the Horizon Court a few times (never on the last 20ish Cruises) and been very, very pleased, and I’m a tough customer.

We are here now and lunch was good. I really liked the white green beans.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got off yesterday, and we had the opposite opinion. Absolute worst of any of our Princess cruises. Dinners had painfully slow service, and food quality was not so great. We actually quit eating in the MDR for dinner, something we have never done before. As an example, Wednesday evening (I believe) was the best menu in our opinion. But the cioppino was so salty that it was almost inedible, the crab legs were overcooked (and maybe old? That was the opinion of another cruiser I spoke too). The shrimp with the surf and turf was overcooked and the very thin filet was tough.

Breakfast, on the other hand, was as great as usual.

I agree with Mytime53. The MDR was at best adequate and service was very slow. The two nights that I did not dine solo resulted in two hour plus dinners. On a sea day, I was seated at a full group table for lunch and left after 15 minutes with two other passengers when all we had received were glasses of water and not even had a server approach to take our order. Food preferences are very subjective. I don't dine in a large ship MDR expecting memorable meals and I probably fared better in my selections because I don't eat meat. I was able to make fairly healthy choices each evening and didn't leave the table hungry. I also can't recall a single dish that was particularly good.

We will be on the Star in 3 weeks so would also appreciate seeing any MDR menus :-)

I have copies of MDR dinner menus for every night of our Alaska cruise on the Star. Including desert and after dinner drink menus. I also have copies of the breakfast and lunch menus as well. Happy to share.

Mangia, mangia! (Pig out in Italian. :). )

Enjoy.

CEA85BFF-5E75-4C26-9CFA-3614A9A5EED6_zpsvgq4mjgj.jpeg

Edited by Kingofcool1947

I have copies of MDR dinner menus for every night of our Alaska cruise on the Star. Including desert and after dinner drink menus. I also have copies of the breakfast and lunch menus as well. Happy to share.

Enjoy.

Thank you! We will be embarking on the Star on 6/16

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you! We will be embarking on the Star on 6/16

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have all of the menus organized in a more manageable and better resolution .pdf file.

I will post.

I think you will enjoy the varied cuisine. (y)(y)

Enjoy your cruise. (And the food!)

Kingofcool1947, you are the coolest :-)

Thanks for the menu! And yes would love to see the rest when you post them.

Rocklinmom,

My pleasure.

Here is one nights desert menu:

Must try Norman Love’s nightly chocolate creations,:D

More menus in .pdf file on the way to you!

6154DF4D-535B-4541-993B-ACD3CB3AA4EE_zpsmrcihcvd.jpeg

Enjoy.

King

Enjoy.

Going in 2 weeks and would love to see all the menus! Please let me know if they are posted anywhere.

Thanks!

Rocklinmom,

My pleasure.

Here is one nights desert menu:

Must try Norman Love’s nightly chocolate creations,:D

More menus in .pdf file on the way to you!

6154DF4D-535B-4541-993B-ACD3CB3AA4EE_zpsmrcihcvd.jpeg

Enjoy.

King

King of Cool the photobucket link does not work. Any other option to post the menus? Thanks